Confirmed! Nick Mixed All Of CA

presto123

QUOTE (Dylan2712 @ Apr 25 2012, 03:34 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 25 2012, 01:32 PM)
as long as it sounds good .

key word: "sound". use your ears people, not your eyes.

I agree!

But just to reiterate, a poorly produced/mastered album can still sound good to someone. And so the point is, people just want THE BEST quality out of the material. I mean, why not? You would think artists would want to present their music in the best quality possible, and not ruin it with awful mixing and mastering. But the reality is, most do. I only bring this up, because that is why I even talk about stuff like this. I understand that realistically speaking, the majority of modern music is going to be too loud/hot. That's just the reality and practices of today. But I would like to think if people keep talking about it, and keep the dialogue alive, hopefully more artists will take notice and tone it down.

I would argue Rush have listened, they are aware of VT. And you can see a clear sign that with each album (from VT to CA) they are toning it down. And you know what, IMO "Headlong Flight" sounds better than anything off VT and S&A.

Edited by Mr. Henry Gale

Oh, waveforms. Well that settles it. Headlong Flight's production sucks, Vapor Trails is their worst album, and 70s and 80s Rush is untouchable.

It's all in the waveforms.

eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Apr 26 2012, 05:42 AM)
Oh, waveforms. Well that settles it. Headlong Flight's production sucks, Vapor Trails is their worst album, and 70s and 80s Rush is untouchable.

eyesre4.gif

"whoosh"

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Apr 25 2012, 11:42 PM)

eyesre4.gif

biggrin.gif Indeed. Love the sarcasm. Agree.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Apr 26 2012, 07:38 AM)
QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Apr 25 2012, 11:42 PM)

eyesre4.gif

biggrin.gif Indeed. Love the sarcasm. Agree.

trink39.gif Someone gets my point.

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Apr 25 2012, 08:42 PM)

eyesre4.gif

Who said it sucked?

If anything, I said it looks better than the past two albums! EDIT. nvm. doh.gif

Edited by Mr. Henry Gale

To me the breakthru for Headlong Flight is that the music is allowed to breathe. Music has got to breathe. That is the problem with digital distortion, it crowds out good sounds for the sake of getting more volume. I would be interested in what Caravan and BU2B sound like if they have been re-recorded, because to my ears Headlong sounds pretty good, even better than Caravan and BU2B from what I am hearing. I wonder if the Geddster is now getting back involved in the mixing again? that would be good news

I understand what what some are saying about the waves, but the bottom line is VT is an over compressed pile of mud that does not breathe. I have the MITA mix and the re-mix of OLV and Earthshine. they are improved some, but still don't don't breath the way Headlong and the older stuff does.

I will be very excited to hear the new cd in it's entirety. So far sound is very exciting!