The wait is hard....

Gedneil Alpeart

I agree with Trenken, I'm enjoying the anticipation. And the fact that Rush's "bonus time" is obviously going to end at some point in the foreseeable future makes it sweeter. But there's no anxiety, it's fun. And That One Guy nailed it: This wait is easy compared to sitting and staring at concert tickets!

QUOTE (Tony R @ Apr 15 2012, 12:57 PM)
QUOTE (snowdog212 @ Apr 15 2012, 06:54 PM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ Apr 15 2012, 12:37 PM)
Any Rush fan with good taste?

So if anyone who is not giddy and sitting at home on pins and needles waiting for a band to release a CD some how doesn't have good taste. Brilliant! Good One wacko.gif

I'm anxious every time Rush release a new CD in the same way I am anxious when an ageing ex-champion boxer climbs into the ring...

That's a damn lie you LOVE seeing a couple of old duffers smack each other around down the S&M Teddy Boy Club!

whipgirl.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 15 2012, 11:15 PM)
The wait is part of the fun, savour the moment I say, it'll be old news before you know it...

cool.gif

The new Astra album came out already a week or two ago, and people have virtually stopped talking about it. Personally, when things are truly fantastic (like the new Astra album), I think they should still be talked about for months, but for some reason others think all conversation after a week should grind to a halt. unsure.gif

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Apr 15 2012, 07:20 PM)
The only things making me anxious are keeping up with the increase in posts here, on Facebook, RIAB, etc., and hoping we find out about tour dates in time for me to put in for vacation by the deadline(s) or before other people get it.

yes.gif

I am also enjoying the anticipation. Been awhile since I've been so anxious about a music release. Come on, June!

QUOTE (That One Guy @ Apr 16 2012, 03:32 AM)
I don't find the wait hard.... There's other things keeping my life busy.

Waiting for the concert when you've already bought the tickets, however, is a hard wait for me.

yes.gif I've got other music and stuff to discover and keep me occupied in the meantime.

Those five months last year were torturous!

QUOTE (eshine @ Apr 16 2012, 02:55 AM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 15 2012, 12:40 PM)
Im actually enjoying the anticipation because Im well aware this could be their last album. This may be the last time I'll ever get to anticipate a new Rush album, so I'm just sort of relaxing and soaking it in.

goodpost.gif

THIS 100 percent!

Yeah, that's true. But, of course, any album could've been their last. In fact, I thought HYF was going to be their last. Then, I thought Presto was their last. After that I thought T4E was SURELY their last (even before Peart's tragedies). Who knows?

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 16 2012, 02:50 AM)
The wait is part of the fun, savour the moment I say, it'll be old news before you know it...

cool.gif

The new Astra album came out already a week or two ago, and people have virtually stopped talking about it. Personally, when things are truly fantastic (like the new Astra album), I think they should still be talked about for months, but for some reason others think all conversation after a week should grind to a halt. unsure.gif

I received my Astra copy now, the Metal Blade US import!

cheer.gif common001.gif 653.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Apr 16 2012, 03:47 AM)
QUOTE (eshine @ Apr 16 2012, 02:55 AM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 15 2012, 12:40 PM)
Im actually enjoying the anticipation because Im well aware this could be their last album. This may be the last time I'll ever get to anticipate a new Rush album, so I'm just sort of relaxing and soaking it in.

goodpost.gif

THIS 100 percent!

Yeah, that's true. But, of course, any album could've been their last. In fact, I thought HYF was going to be their last. Then, I thought Presto was their last. After that I thought T4E was SURELY their last (even before Peart's tragedies). Who knows?

I don't think it's their last, I see maybe one or two more.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 16 2012, 02:39 AM)

cool.gif

The thing freakin' rules! And the artwork is truly outstanding too. yes.gif

cool.gif

Well since rush is light years ahead of Astra that's a stupid comparison...people actually give a shit about CA now and will after it's release.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 16 2012, 04:43 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 16 2012, 02:39 AM)

cool.gif

The thing freakin' rules! And the artwork is truly outstanding too. yes.gif

trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif goodpost.gif

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Apr 15 2012, 09:20 PM)
The only things making me anxious are keeping up with the increase in posts here,

I feel the same way.

I can't keep up as it is, and am afraid something is gonna leak, or be released and I'm gonna miss it, or get burried in a million threads and posts.

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Apr 16 2012, 02:47 AM)

cool.gif

Well since rush is light years ahead of Astra that's a stupid comparison...people actually give a shit about CA now and will after it's release.

If you say so. I enjoyed The Weirding much more than any Rush album since CP, and prior to that HYF. The Black Chord is also stellar. Both albums blow away the Caravan/BU2B single. Rush is not at the top of their game, and they'll have to put out a pretty amazing album to top Astra IMHO...

cool.gif

Goober the new Astra (The Black Chord) is fantastic much better production than the first! I haven't stop listening to it in my car. With that, Andrenaline Mobd, Flying Colours and the new The Mars Volta I think I can make it until June 16. But yes I feel Anxiou! Probably because of all the tension in here! This forum feels like a Powder Keg ready to blow!!!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Babycat @ Apr 16 2012, 07:29 AM)
Am I the ony one who's hotching about from one foot to the other, pacing back and forth, and waiting in desperation..?

no, but you are the only one doing it... with a tail heart.gif

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Apr 16 2012, 01:46 PM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Apr 16 2012, 07:29 AM)
Am I the ony one who's hotching about from one foot to the other, pacing back and forth, and waiting in desperation..?

no, but you are the only one doing it... with a tail heart.gif

heart.gif Awww!! heart.gif