UK lady newbie saying hi

LimelightLady

Welcome, LimelightLady! bekloppt.gif I'm one of those odd fans who is old enough to have grown up with all Rush's hits, plus a high school friend who was big into Rush, but didn't get to a show and truly fall in love with them until two years ago. Therefore, Clockwork Angels is my first album release as a fan, so you can only imagine how stoked I am and how great it was to hear that new snippet today!

Hope you enjoy it here and we see you around a lot! smile.gif Carrie

Hi LimelightLady,

Another "oldster" here--I basically just lurk, so you won't hear much from me round here. While I remember hearing "Fly By Night" on the radio back when it was a new hit, I became a fan during my freshman year in high school (80-81), and attended my first concert on April, 5, 1982, just a couple weeks past my 15th birthday. I still don't know how my gal pal and I convinced our folks to let us do that, and on a school night at that. cool.gif I still can't believe that was 30 years ago!

Going into college, I put Rush on the back burner (oh-so-many pretty boys playing music in the 80s to distract one!) but I kept up with the new releases, until grad school started taking too much focus and then began my lost decade of new motherhood (1992-2002). I bought Vapor Trails after reading a notice about its release in the newspaper and listened to it a couple times but not enough to learn to like it at the time as it seemed so "different" (I like it very much now, however). It's only been the past year or so that I've really returned to the fold, so to speak. I've been going through some serious medical issues since last fall and the music has been both a distraction and an anchor to me. I find it wonderful that with the music spanning so many years, there is always a song to meet any mood I might have, to appeal to me lyrically, rhythmically, tonally, or spatially, and I'm almost crazier about these three guys than I was as a teen. The only difference is now I have more money and no curfew.

bekloppt.gif

Welcome to TRF!

laugh.gif

Welcome to TRF!

I am probably one of the oldest women on this forum. (I'm just a few years younger than the guys), but I didn't get into Rush until 1995. I fell in love with Geddy's voice, and later came to love the musicianship of all three guys. I'm not a musical person at all; in fact I'm not sure what you mean by a 5/4 person in a 4/4 world. I'm assuming that has something to do with beat? That's something I just don't have! lol

I've seen Rush in concert only 3 times, and I've really been looking forward to the Clockwork Angels tour. Hope to see them at least once, but the schedule is not looking too good for me. Hope they add some western North American dates in summer 2013, or I will be missing the entire tour. Oh well, I'm still excited about the upcoming album!

Hi there! bekloppt.gif

I've not been in here for yonks.. so hi to all the regulars again!

I'm in the UK too (Scotland) and same as you, been into them for a LONG time (since '76). You'll like it here... its a friendly place to be and all the Rush ladies are lovely biggrin.gif

QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Apr 18 2012, 06:25 PM)
Hi there! bekloppt.gif

I've not been in here for yonks.. so hi to all the regulars again!

I'm in the UK too (Scotland) and same as you, been into them for a LONG time (since '76). You'll like it here... its a friendly place to be and all the Rush ladies are lovely biggrin.gif

bekloppt.gif Foxxi! Where have you been?! bekloppt.gif