Radio Preview of Headlong Flight April 11th?

rushgoober

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Apr 10 2012, 10:33 PM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Apr 8 2012, 07:29 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Apr 8 2012, 05:39 AM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Apr 8 2012, 05:57 AM)
QUOTE (druid13 @ Apr 7 2012, 09:08 AM)
Big Money had a radio edit version....can't remember if it was sold that was as a single or not.

I don't know but I remember I owned the 45 and I gave it to a jukebox vendor so he could put it in the jukebox and I could rock the bowling alley with Rush. 2.gif I'm trying to remember the B-side. I think it was Red Sector A live or something. Could be wrong? confused13.gif

Could be wrong but chances are you are right smile.gif

http://www.musicstack.com/album/rush/the+big+money

Thanks for the link. Guess I was right. It's fun sitting here trying to remember all the other songs that were on that jukebox around 1985. I know one people played the crap out of was Huey Lewis.....Bad Is Bad. I love that song......................"went downtown to see my cousin........had a guitar......sound like a chainsaw buzz". 1022.gif

I wore out my cassette of Sports. Loved the hell out of it. Bad is Bad is funny as hell. laugh.gif

Went uptown to see my cousin

Plays guitar, sounds like a chainsaw buzzin'

In the crowd, I see his mom and dad

I said "Hey, hey Uncle, man your son is bad"

But sometimes, sometimes bad is bad

Cool is a rule, but, sometimes, bad is bad.

Thanks for correcting my lyrics. Another song they wore out on that jukebox ironically was another funny tongue in cheek song by Sammy Hagar called Dick In The Dirt. tongue.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 10 2012, 10:28 PM)
QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Apr 10 2012, 09:13 PM)
Wait, so will it be somewhere online by tomorrow so my ears can finally feast on the new Rush? Or is it exclusive to some radio stations..

If it goes to radio stations tomorrow, even a limited number of radio stations, it'll be online somewhere about 5 minutes after it gets played the first time. It'll be up on YouTube, Usenet, torrents... anywhere people share stuff.

AWESOME! yes.gif

QUOTE (That One Guy @ Apr 10 2012, 10:40 PM)
*Patiently waits for the limited preview of the new single....

2.gif

Seriously though, no orchestra please

I don't know. I wouldn't mind some mellotron here and there. That string sound on Faithless is wonderful. Is that mellotron they use on Main Monkey? I'm hoping for quite a few keys myself mixed with heavy guitar. My ultimate record is if they take a little bit from all eras which is what I think they may be thinking with this one. Give me a little COS mixed with GUP and throw in a little Counterparts for good measure. That would be one heck of a record to mix the 70's, 80's, and 90's.

QUOTE (Queslington @ Apr 10 2012, 11:43 PM)
Today's the big day (maybe)!

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Hopefully my ears will get a morsel of ~NEW RUSH!~ sometime in the next 24 hours. Even if it's 30 seconds.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Apr 10 2012, 11:05 PM)
QUOTE (That One Guy @ Apr 10 2012, 10:40 PM)
*Patiently waits for the limited preview of the new single....

2.gif

Seriously though, no orchestra please

I don't know. I wouldn't mind some mellotron here and there. That string sound on Faithless is wonderful. Is that mellotron they use on Main Monkey? I'm hoping for quite a few keys myself mixed with heavy guitar. My ultimate record is if they take a little bit from all eras which is what I think they may be thinking with this one. Give me a little COS mixed with GUP and throw in a little Counterparts for good measure. That would be one heck of a record to mix the 70's, 80's, and 90's.

Love the mellotron. Hope it part of a middle section in one of the CA epics