Where's the 1-minute tease

GeddyRulz

confused13.gif

The single will be out in two weeks. Shouldn't we be gifted now with a one- or two-minute "tease" of the song? (The boys have done it before, for the past couple studio releases.) The official Rush website has nada - no song tease, no track listing, no new artwork, not even an official mention of the album's release date.

Guys! Update your website! And give us more teases, please! Ed at RIAB is a better source these days than the band itself.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The single will definitely get leaked before it's released, as will the entire album, but are we really asking for a tease when we already got 2 singles? Don't think it's really necessary this time around. Edited by trenken

QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 4 2012, 09:36 AM)
The single will definitely get leaked before it's released, as will the entire album, but are we really asking for a tease when we already got 2 singles? Don't think it's really necessary this time around.

What makes you think there's going to be a leak? Neither Caravan nor BU2B were leaked. Of course neither of those two got the sort of promotion that Headlong Flight has. . .seems like a lot of people have heard it so far.

Edited by Mara

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Apr 4 2012, 08:18 AM)
confused13.gif

The single will be out in two weeks. Shouldn't we be gifted now with a one- or two-minute "tease" of the song? (The boys have done it before, for the past couple studio releases.) The official Rush website has nada - no song tease, no track listing, no new artwork, not even an official mention of the album's release date.

Guys! Update your website! And give us more teases, please! Ed at RIAB is a better source these days than the band itself.

RIAB has been the better source than rush.com for the last 7 or 8 years. The best Rush news source IMO.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 4 2012, 10:18 AM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 4 2012, 06:22 AM)
Thus far, they are doing a damn good job of keep everything under lock and key.

I don't want to face the killer instinct - Face it in you or me. no.gif

dude

on that we BOTH agree...! yes.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 4 2012, 09:06 AM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 4 2012, 09:36 AM)
The single will definitely get leaked before it's released, as will the entire album, but are we really asking for a tease when we already got 2 singles? Don't think it's really necessary this time around.

What makes you think there's going to be a leak? Neither Caravan nor BU2B were leaked. Of course neither of those two got the sort of promotion that Headlong Flight has. . .seems like a lot of people have heard it so far.

Caravan did leak. Not sure about BU2B. Everything leaks to the torrent sites before release now. There's no way to keep this stuff under wraps because they send these files out to radio stations in advance, and there's always someone at one of them willing to upload.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 4 2012, 10:36 AM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 4 2012, 11:32 AM)
this tune better kick ass with all the hype and talk. i think this new one has more expectation than anything they've done in a while.

You won't like it. wink.gif

hard to say, i have to listen to it first. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Apr 4 2012, 10:04 AM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Apr 4 2012, 08:18 AM)
confused13.gif

The single will be out in two weeks.  Shouldn't we be gifted now with a one- or two-minute "tease" of the song?  (The boys have done it before, for the past couple studio releases.) The official Rush website has nada - no song tease, no track listing, no new artwork, not even an official mention of the album's release date.

Guys!  Update your website!  And give us more teases, please!  Ed at RIAB is a better source these days than the band itself.

RIAB has been the better source than rush.com for the last 7 or 8 years. The best Rush news source IMO.

Agreed. The "official" Rush website is slow to make "official" announcements. Often by the time it hits there we've already been talking about it for a week.

QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 4 2012, 08:36 AM)
are we really asking for a tease when we already got 2 singles?

You must be a real "glass half FULL" kind of guy. laugh.gif

Yeah, we already got two songs, but that was two years ago!! You're happy to consider that the tease? Sure, it was at the time, but now another two years have passed. Time to feed us baby birds.

I'm just looking for a 1-minute clip of the new song; nothing major. They did it with other recent singles and they could do it again. (And maybe will, any day now.)

To clarify to some of the other posters: I'm not talking about a "leak." I'm talking about an authorized snippet of the song on the official Rush website. Remember they did it with "Far Cry"?

Edited by GeddyRulz

The suspense is killing me, but I know it's gonna be an amazing feeling the first time I hear Headlong Flight. I remember the first time I heard Caravan, waited all day for the release on youtube, scheduled a little cool10.gif , and had my mind BLOWN. The only comfort in all this waiting is knowing how it's gonna feel that day.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Apr 4 2012, 11:51 AM)

Yeah, we already got two songs, but that was two years ago!! You're happy to consider that the tease? Sure, it was at the time, but now another two years have passed. Time to feed us baby birds.

I'm just looking for a 1-minute clip of the new song; nothing major. They did it with other recent singles and they could do it again. (And maybe will, any day now.)

To clarify to some of the other posters: I'm not talking about a "leak." I'm talking about an authorized snippet of the song on the official Rush website. Remember they did it with "Far Cry"?

Yeah, they did.

BUT...didn't they do it on the same day as they released it to radio for airplay?

If so, then I imagine that we might see Rush.com have it up and running at midnight as it turns to April 19.

(At least, I remember that being the case for Far Cry)

QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ Apr 4 2012, 12:20 PM)
The suspense is killing me, but I know it's gonna be an amazing feeling the first time I hear Headlong Flight. I remember the first time I heard Caravan, waited all day for the release on youtube, scheduled a little cool10.gif , and had my mind BLOWN. The only comfort in all this waiting is knowing how it's gonna feel that day.

My stupid internet service went out about 30 minutes before Caravan & BU2B were released. I was running around the house screaming, "F*ck Comcast!"

(That was the last straw and I fired Comcast about 4 or 5 days later).

They hype surrounding this release as well as it being a concept piece with longer songs is exactly what I was hoping for from Hold Your Fire.

But back then, no one knew jack about what the music was going to sound like. If you were lucky, you might find a couple of references to the new CD when the guys were interviewed in magazines.

Other than that, you had to call a radio station and ask the DJ's if they had any information. Too funny. Dem were the old days.

Getting back to my first statement, can you imagine the unbelievable let-down I felt when I heard HYF being premiered on the King Bisquit Flower Hour? Where was my RUSH ?

In 1987, I was ready for them to go back to the concept albums and move away from the synth heavy Power Windows, Signals and P/G styles. I thought then, that Neil's lyrics and political leanings were finding their way in to Rush's music a bit too much. <--- I actually appreciate those CD's a lot more now.

I know many people love HYF but to me, it is their worst CD. There are so many weak songs on it. Lock & Key, Mission, Second Nature and Open Secrets are downright awful IMO. There was no edge to them and the band sounded completely lost as to their identity. I thought Time Stand Still was ok but there was Aimee Mann providing backing vocals. I mean, WTH ?!?

Yeah, it was a long wait and from that point forward the subsequent releases were peppered with good songs here and there but hardly anything GREAT. The only thing that came close was Counterparts.

I am keeping my expectations in check and hope at the very least, the guys indulge themselves musically. That's what they've become to me now. They lyrics aren't even secondary anymore. They are a complete afterthought and in some cases alienate me from the song entirely. --> Faithless.

With that,

bolt.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 4 2012, 12:22 PM)
QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ Apr 4 2012, 12:20 PM)
The suspense is killing me, but I know it's gonna be an amazing feeling the first time I hear Headlong Flight. I remember the first time I heard Caravan, waited all day for the release on youtube, scheduled a little  cool10.gif , and had my mind BLOWN. The only comfort in all this waiting is knowing how it's gonna feel that day.

My stupid internet service went out about 30 minutes before Caravan & BU2B were released. I was running around the house screaming, "F*ck Comcast!"

(That was the last straw and I fired Comcast about 4 or 5 days later).

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Apr 4 2012, 10:51 AM)

It doesnt matter how long ago it was, they're 2 songs from the album that we already received. That's not enough anymore? Sheesh.

Edited by GeddyRulz

QUOTE (anchorman @ Apr 4 2012, 11:24 AM)
I know many people love HYF but to me, it is their worst CD. There are so many weak songs on it. There was no edge to them and the band sounded completely lost as to their identity.

I agree 100% only HYF is in my bottom 3 , the worst being RTB.