Marillion - new album!

Come on now you RUSH fools! Once and for all, give up your ridiculous campaign of following Marillion, the well known off-key Genesis rip-off group and general bloody bogus bore band. 1287.gif

They are AWFUL! Really douchey, with a mega suckage quotient and they are as bland as a curled up, 40 year old, half-chewed diet cracker...

Tick and Hatchet Pete are trying to brainwash you into liking them because they own shares in Fish's Glasgow mansion and Steve H's Brothels on the east coast of Yorkshire. They're only pushing the band to boost their grubby investments! They are INSANE too and their prog agenda is a JOKE! 1287.gif

Marillion are shit! moon.gif

They're SHIT! Do you hear me??

fists crying.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif fists crying.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif fists crying.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 31 2012, 09:02 AM)
Come on now you RUSH fools! Once and for all, give up your ridiculous campaign of following Marillion, the well known off-key Genesis rip-off group and general bloody bogus bore band. 1287.gif

They are AWFUL! Really douchey, with a mega suckage quotient and they are as bland as a curled up, 40 year old, half-chewed diet cracker...

Tick and Hatchet Pete are trying to brainwash you into liking them because they own shares in Fish's Glasgow mansion and Steve H's Brothels on the east coast of Yorkshire. They're only pushing the band to boost their grubby investments! They are INSANE too and their prog agenda is a JOKE! 1287.gif

Marillion are shit! moon.gif

fists crying.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif fists crying.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif fists crying.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif

I've made a mannequin of you Duckman, and right now I'm beating seven shades of cornflakes out of it.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jul 31 2012, 05:22 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 31 2012, 09:02 AM)
Come on now you RUSH fools! Once and for all, give up your ridiculous campaign of following Marillion, the well known off-key Genesis rip-off group and general bloody bogus bore band.  1287.gif

Tick and Hatchet Pete are trying to brainwash you into liking them because they own shares in Fish's Glasgow mansion and Steve H's Brothels on the east coast of Yorkshire. They're only pushing the band to boost their grubby investments! They are INSANE too and their prog agenda is a JOKE!  1287.gif

Marillion are shit!  moon.gif

fists crying.gif  new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif  fists crying.gif  new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif  fists crying.gif  new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

moon.gif  moon.gif  moon.gif  moon.gif  moon.gif

I've made a mannequin of you Duckman, and right now I'm beating seven shades of cornflakes out of it.

1287.gif Do your worst knave!! 1287.gif

tongue.gif

common001.gif

bekloppt.gif cool10.gif

laugh.gif

"Marillion? Genesis ripoff..."

^ this is actually a really helpful quote, because - unless they're talking specifically about the song 'Grendel' - you can safely disregard everything else they have to say about the band

very efficient

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Aug 10 2012, 05:42 AM)
EPK for Sounds That Can't Be Made

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8WhkyuipSE...uCCZhG4jMjYaYtw

HUGE.

Ducky, f**k off or you'll be picking shotgun pellets out of your feathered arse for the next 6 months.

laugh.gif

Stop the madness Petey!! Throw away your Marillion albums now before it's too late and find a new Church, the church of METAL!

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

biggrin.gif

I like Marillion...always have. Saw them with Fish and Hogarth...

Seasons End and Clutching are my favorites.

That being said, they have become samey and a bit boring to my tastes...I love the "this is our best album since..." statements.

I will say that it seems to me that they are trying to fuse adult contemporary with a techno beat.

Marillion paid their dues to the Genesis tribute scene early on and abandoned them. They became a quasiProg-Radiohead type band post-Fish, IMO.

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Aug 11 2012, 08:08 AM)
I like Marillion...always have. Saw them with Fish and Hogarth...

Seasons End and Clutching are my favorites.

That being said, they have become samey and a bit boring to my tastes...I love the "this is our best album since..." statements.

I will say that it seems to me that they are trying to fuse adult contemporary with a techno beat.

Clutching was amazing. Still a Prog concept album must have.

Just saw them on a festival concert on the Palladia channel, from London. It was just terrible, embarrassing really. That singer cannot sing.

Actually most of the bands that performed were just awful, too old and can't do it anymore. UFO and Marillion should not be playing anymore.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Aug 12 2012, 06:52 PM)
Marillion paid their dues to the Genesis tribute scene early on and abandoned them. They became a quasiProg-Radiohead type band post-Fish, IMO.

Did you say Radiohead? I rest my case! But I would say more like Quasimodo than quasi-prog!

Carry on as you were Marillion fans, don't mind me... tongue.gif

cool10.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 14 2012, 06:18 AM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Aug 12 2012, 06:52 PM)
Marillion paid their dues to the Genesis tribute scene early on and abandoned them. They  became a quasiProg-Radiohead type band post-Fish, IMO.

Did you say Radiohead? I rest my case! But I would say more like Quasimodo than quasi-prog!

Carry on as you were Marillion fans, don't mind me... tongue.gif

cool10.gif

I thought nothing on this green earth could get more tiresome than Goob and his endless caravan of VT horseshit.

Congrats Duck, we have a new leader in the clubhouse.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Aug 10 2012, 06:42 AM)

HUGE.

Ducky, f**k off or you'll be picking shotgun pellets out of your feathered arse for the next 6 months.

I watched the video provided...it wasn't half bad...is the record available without vocals though?

QUOTE (OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan @ Aug 14 2012, 04:57 AM)

HUGE.

I watched the video provided...it wasn't half bad...is the record available without vocals though?

CRITICS! SOD OFF! THIS IS GOING TO BE HUGE!!! 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (Snowman @ Aug 14 2012, 02:52 PM)

HUGE.

CRITICS! SOD OFF! THIS IS GOING TO BE HUGE!!! 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

No...It's not.

HUGE.

That was my prayer with the Fish-sung albums, so I hear ya.

Long live Hogarth.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Aug 14 2012, 06:53 PM)

HUGE.

That was my prayer with the Fish-sung albums, so I hear ya.

Long live Hogarth.

I think it's amazing how polarized fans are about this band...It's almost like politics.

BTW...I wish Hogarth a long and happy life as well.

Just wish he'd stop singing!!!! biggrin.gif

Edited by OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan

I'm sorry but this singer Cannot Sing.

I've never listened to this band, so I watched 'parts' of around 10 live YouTube videos. The band is OK, but that's not singing. Not sure what it is really. You can hear better singers at most open mic nights in any bar. Sorry, but unless your band plays only instrumentals, vocals are everything.

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Aug 14 2012, 11:40 PM)
I'm sorry but this singer Cannot Sing.
I've never listened to this band, so I watched 'parts' of around 10 live YouTube videos. The band is OK, but that's not singing. Not sure what it is really. You can hear better singers at most open mic nights in any bar. Sorry, but unless your band plays only instrumentals, vocals are everything.

Vocals are the least important part of a band for me, after lyrics. The only time vocals prevent me from listening to a band is if they're truly terrible and/or unlistenable (like a lot of black metal screeching type vocals).

I'm not really sure how what Hogarth does isn't singing...