Instrumental version of CA

rugen

Do you think the band should do a instrumental version of their new release? Is their a possibility? Would you like it?

I know it's not their way of doing things, but now that the band is with Roadrunner, maybe the company could put pressure on them to make some kind of cd. It seems to me that it's not something that take a lot more times in their recording sessions.

QUOTE (Alexmai @ Mar 20 2012, 06:18 AM)
I think it already exists, of every album... Geddy sings on that version, isn't him? wink.gif
The problem is selling that version...

If it's true, i would buy all those versions, but i can understand that it's not everybody that would be ready to pay more to have a special edition of the cd. But i am sure they are many fans on this forum who would.

QUOTE (RUDT @ Mar 20 2012, 03:33 AM)
Do you think the band should do a instrumental version of their new release? Is their a possibility? Would you like it?

I know it's not their way of doing things, but now that the band is with Roadrunner, maybe the company could put pressure on them to make some kind of cd. It seems to me that it's not something that take a lot more times in their recording sessions.

Dude, lay off the drugs. yes.gif

http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium/confusion-in-black-and-white-christine-kuehnel.jpg

Nah, I want Geddy to sing. There will be just enough instrumental(s) to satisfy any desire I might have for them, and I'm not really interested in having alternate versions of songs we've already heard with the vocals removed. I'm all for more Rush CD's, but only if they're new material.

QUOTE (RUDT @ Mar 20 2012, 06:33 AM)

I'm not sure I get what your saying. confused13.gif

So release one version of CA with the vocals and one without?

If that's the question, I think the answer is no they shouldn't do it, and no they won't do it.

Some day if they decided to make an all instrumental CD, or better yet an EP, with like 5 brand new instrumentals, that would be a cool idea.

That would be a nice little release between albums just to tide us over. Especially some of the people who are going insane right now waiting for CA.

Because they have to change the music to suit the lyrics and Geddy's voice, it would be a neat little experiment if they didn't have any restraints and just jammed and could just forget about lyrics and singing all together for more than just one or two songs.

AND AGAIN, I wouldn't want this instead of an album, but more as an in between album release. They probably have so many little bits they've written that end up being discarded because they don't fit any of the lyrics that they could probably get one done in no time.

QUOTE (RUDT @ Mar 20 2012, 05:33 AM)

If you mean like Dream Theater did with the Last Portnoy album, then yes! That should take anything but a flip of a switch on the mother board! to eliminate the vocals!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

This is an odd suggestion.

Why on earth would they want to release an album worth of songs with the vocals removed? Would they keep the verse and chorus sections or just cut the songs down to the moments that don't contain any vocals?

There is a big difference between an "instrumental" song and Karaoke.

QUOTE (eshine @ Mar 22 2012, 12:33 PM)
This is an odd suggestion.

Why on earth would they want to release an album worth of songs with the vocals removed? Would they keep the verse and chorus sections or just cut the songs down to the moments that don't contain any vocals?

There is a big difference between an "instrumental" song and Karaoke.

Agreed. There is a difference between instrumental and Karaoke.

An album of instrumentals, an EP would be an interesting thing for them to do, but to release Clockwork Angels sans vocals? It wouldn't work. Plus, they wouldn't do it.

Granted, some songs DO work as instrumental's. Perhaps the most popular song of the seventies Stairway to Heaven was done instrumental by Page when he toured for Outrider in 88. I had a bootleg of the show, and it sounded awesome.

So, perhaps Rush could take a song from the past and make it into an instrumental, but outside of that....I don't see it happening.

cool.gif