perhaps a time to calm down

druid13

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 17 2012, 07:33 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Mar 17 2012, 05:51 PM)
We need an icon or something that represents "i'm not being totally serious" because between this and the other two or three threads that have devolved into bickering, a lot of it has to do with people writing things that are (supposedly, at least) being misunderstood by other people.

You can't write a sentence with no other context and expect people to know you're not being serious, or that you're half joking, or that you're only saying it to get a rise out of someone and you don't really mean it.

There is almost an art form to writing a post in such a way where it sounds serious on the surface, but it's also obvious that it isn't. Wow, that was a lot of alliteration!

Then again, when you're NOT being serious and people take it seriously and get all bent out of shape about it, that's pretty fun too, so it's a win-win for me either way! tongue.gif

It seems I'm not the only one who enjoys making posts to throw other people off balance. tongue.gif

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Mar 17 2012, 07:11 PM)
We need an icon or something that represents "i'm not being totally serious" because between this and the other two or three threads that have devolved into bickering, a lot of it has to do with people writing things that are (supposedly, at least) being misunderstood by other people.

You can't write a sentence with no other context and expect people to know you're not being serious, or that you're half joking, or that you're only saying it to get a rise out of someone and you don't really mean it.

There is almost an art form to writing a post in such a way where it sounds serious on the surface, but it's also obvious that it isn't. Wow, that was a lot of alliteration!

Then again, when you're NOT being serious and people take it seriously and get all bent out of shape about it, that's pretty fun too, so it's a win-win for me either way! tongue.gif

It seems I'm not the only one who enjoys making posts to throw other people off balance. tongue.gif

Seriously, what is your issue???

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 17 2012, 08:14 PM)

My issue??? What, do you think I'm five years old????

It takes one to know one! pokey.gif sarcasm.gif comp26.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif eh.gif bacon.gif bacon.gif bacon.gif bacon.gif bacon.gif bacon.gif bacon.gif bacon.gif

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Mar 17 2012, 10:17 PM)

It takes one to know one! pokey.gif sarcasm.gif comp26.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif eh.gif bacon.gif bacon.gif bacon.gif bacon.gif bacon.gif bacon.gif bacon.gif bacon.gif

Get a room.

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Mar 17 2012, 07:17 PM)

tongue.gif

bekloppt.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Mar 17 2012, 08:18 PM)
QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Mar 17 2012, 10:17 PM)

Get a room.

Egghead. burger2.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 17 2012, 08:20 PM)
QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Mar 17 2012, 07:17 PM)

tongue.gif

bekloppt.gif

trink39.gif

1287.gif

2.gif

cat.gif

I'm never over excited waiting for a new Rush release these days, Well aware they move at snail pace now.. I can wait, have other things to occupy my time. wink.gif yes.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 17 2012, 07:48 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 15 2012, 08:55 AM)
QUOTE (tel @ Mar 15 2012, 10:19 AM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 14 2012, 02:32 PM)
QUOTE (tel @ Mar 14 2012, 01:39 PM)
it wont be the best album ever because for the last 3 albums THE vital ingredient has been missing....M E L O D Y.

huh.gif

your input is appreciated. eyesre4.gif

As was yours! eyesre4.gif

Oh how I do love thinly-veiled contempt disguised as politeness. As a huge fan of sarcasm, I give you guys two big thumbs up! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif yes.gif

tongue.gif

dazed025.gif no contempt here, 1-0-0 is the dogs bollocks in my book (thats a good thing) thats why i would of been interested in his point of view rather than huh.gif

Back to the original purpose of this post...I remember waiting and waiting for PoW and HYF. It seemed like they were always being pushed back. Presto popped out when I wasn't expecting it...same year as ASOH. These days I just anticipate a longer time because they are older and more relaxed. Back in the 70s and the 80s they were at the mercy of a record company that wanted a product to push. These days they seem to be more of the boss with regard to this. I'm just glad they are putting something out 25 years after I thought they were going to stop.