Whats your favorite song on Snakes and Arrows?

GeddyLeeFender

What is your favorite song off Snakes and Arrows?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite song off Snakes and Arrows?

• 1. Far Cry
    • 2. Armor and Sword
    • 3. Workin' Them Angels
    • 4. The Larger Bowl
    • 5. Spindrift
    • 6. Main Monkey Business
    • 7. The Way The Wind Blows
    • 8. Hope
    • 9. Faithless
    • 10. Bravest Face
    • 11. Good News First
    • 12. Malignant Narcissism
    • 13. We Hold On

I'm glad to see the positivity on this thread considering S & A usually gets a good amount of heat. I'm also surprised to see Spindrift got some votes, I personally thought that or Good News First were the weaker of the bunch but that's just my opinion. common001.gif

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After an early lead, Armor & Sword dropped down to second place with Far Cry grabbing the top spot, but I'm happy to say now they are both neck and neck with 27 votes each. biggrin.gif

Armor & Sword is easily the masterpiece of this album for me, but Far Cry is a close second. It's always nice to see my personal tastes reflected at least somewhat by consensus opinion. smile.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (CruisingInPrimetime @ Mar 18 2012, 04:21 AM)
Faithless for me. It could be my favorite Rush song of all time. yes.gif

z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 20 2012, 08:43 AM)
QUOTE (CruisingInPrimetime @ Mar 18 2012, 04:21 AM)
Faithless for me.  It could be my favorite Rush song of all time.  yes.gif

z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif

laugh.gif

Have to agree...besides the really great guitar solo, this song is my least favourite on the record, and probably wouldn't crack my top 100 as far as Rush songs go.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Mar 17 2012, 10:40 AM)
By the way, Good News First would be in my top 5 or so on the album. I don't get the disdain for this song. The bridge (with mellotron) into the solo is brilliant. One of my favorite single moments on the whole album.

Absolutely agree...Good News First is excellent.

I've been saying it for years...easily the most underrated song on S&A.

Just like you mentioned...that bridge ("some would say they never fear a thing...") into the solo is excellent. One of my favourite parts on the record.

As far as the second half of the album goes, it's the standout for sure.

I think it's only happened one other time (with RTB's "Dreamline"), but my favorite on the CD is the single: "Far Cry."

Not much love for Spindrift...that song is heavy, has a cool riff...I mean I know kinda doesn't "go anywhere" but what's there is great.

Also Armor and Sword

The five years between albums has had its advantages in that it's taken me about that long to assimilate the material and appreciate how good S&A really is. I was lukewarm towards it for a couple of years and rarely listened to it but now I really like everything on there. Like several other Rush albums there's no stand out track that I can say is clearly my fav but I'll say The Way The Wind Blows with We Hold On, Monkey Business, Spindrift, Far Cry and Angels right there with it. It's no VT but still a strong effort. Edited by Silas Lang

Didn't have to think about this one at all: 'Faithless'. It was the one song I'd really wanted to hear on the last tour, and the one that gave me the most goosebumps. When it comes up on my ipod I crank it up - the music is rich and thick, and the tempo changes nicely, and the lyrics are meaningful. It's found a home in my top 10 Rush songs. (Though I have a feeling that statement is going to cause a few eyeballs to roll in my direction!) wacko.gif

QUOTE (Mika @ Mar 31 2012, 02:12 AM)
Didn't have to think about this one at all: 'Faithless'. It was the one song I'd really wanted to hear on the last tour, and the one that gave me the most goosebumps. When it comes up on my ipod I crank it up - the music is rich and thick, and the tempo changes nicely, and the lyrics are meaningful. It's found a home in my top 10 Rush songs. (Though I have a feeling that statement is going to cause a few eyeballs to roll in my direction!) wacko.gif

eyesre4.gif

What makes you say THAT? confused13.gif

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Mar 14 2012, 02:32 PM)
Armor and Sword and Working Them Angels put me to sleep. schla03.gif

goodpost.gif +1

They don't offend me.... in fact, they're kinda soothing. Make me wanna (spin)drift off....

My favorite song is The Main Monkey Business. MalNar is good too, but too darned short. I can jive to those two.