Im a guy who finally met a girl who digs RUSH!

Digitallware

Hi ya'll! Around here they call me Digitallware smile.gif and I just wanted to say that I met a sweet girl who I introduced to the music of RUSH! I met her at my friends party and simply started talking about music and Rush slipped into the conversation. Well fastforward to last Thursday(its been 4 or 5 months since the party) and I went out with her on a first date. Tt was sweet. She had a great time as did I and well we've planned a second date! Looks like my favorite rock band has also helped me strike up conversation with a sweet intellectual girl who digs real music. I'd like to say hello to all the female Rush fans out there, tis' a beautiful thing.

comments are happily accepted!

Edited by Digitallware

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Mar 12 2012, 08:30 PM)
Congrats man, lucky find. Too bad I'll probably never get as lucky. Unless there's some girls here that'd like to talk to a single college student on the internet......

Thanks, I find the artsier girls who read literature or at least enjoy 70's rock will tend to appreciate bands like Rush more smile.gif

QUOTE (Digitallware @ Mar 12 2012, 09:31 PM)
Congrats man, lucky find. Too bad I'll probably never get as lucky. Unless there's some girls here that'd like to talk to a single college student on the internet......

Thanks, I find the artsier girls who read literature or at least enjoy 70's rock will tend to appreciate bands like Rush more smile.gif

I tend to look for girls that are similar. Even though I tend not to read a lot of books, (Mostly really long books so not too many). I don't care about looks as long as I can find someone who can have a nice discussion with me. Sometimes silly and have some sort of thoughts bouncing around in their head. Stupidity is a big turn off.

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Mar 12 2012, 08:35 PM)
QUOTE (Digitallware @ Mar 12 2012, 09:31 PM)

I tend to look for girls that are similar. Even though I tend not to read a lot of books, (Mostly really long books so not too many). I don't care about looks as long as I can find someone who can have a nice discussion with me. Sometimes silly and have some sort of thoughts bouncing around in their head. Stupidity is a big turn off.

The girl I met is so sweet and intelligent, she puts some of the girls i've met to shame. She's truly a bright light, so gentle and shy but funny and caring.

Edited by Digitallware

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Mar 14 2012, 07:12 PM)
Great to hear, and glad things are going well for the two of you! Hopefully, you'll still be together in the fall, when there's a possibility of going to a Rush show together! heart.gif

Thanks, thing is we went on our first date last week and she absolutely loved it, told me she wanted to go to the next concert not even half way through our first date(it was a Jazz concert)! She a little shy but that's okay i'm a bit shy too, it makes me seem talkative lol. And well she actually hinted that she'd love to go see Rush for her birthday which is also in the fall smile.gif

Thanks for the good wishes, I'm going to take things slow(but not too slow he he) any girl advice(from experienced members, especially girls) is much abliged!

Needless to say we had fun, I'm hoping to go out soon but its hard to get in touch with her because shes' currently moving(not far)but it poses a connection problem, I can't really call or message me till she has the phone and internet up and running, she's a busy gal too, so its a bit hard not talking to her, I hope we talk soon...

Edited by Digitallware

Take it from someone who has been married 10 years to someone who hates Rush and Rock Music altogether, it really doesn't matter. She tolerates them and enjoys the concerts I drag her to (because that's what spouses do, I went to see Gwen Stefani with her)

But at the end of the day I still listen to them whenever, go to their concerts, etc and she couldn't care less. Basing a relationship on whether or not she likes your favorite band isn't the way to go...

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Mar 20 2012, 03:32 PM)
Take it from someone who has been married 10 years to someone who hates Rush and Rock Music altogether, it really doesn't matter. She tolerates them and enjoys the concerts I drag her to (because that's what spouses do, I went to see Gwen Stefani with her)

But at the end of the day I still listen to them whenever, go to their concerts, etc and she couldn't care less. Basing a relationship on whether or not she likes your favorite band isn't the way to go...

your right, I just met her so its not serious. That being said I whole heartedly agree with you, relationships shouldn't be based on whether she also likes the same band lol, but let me tell you its a fresh a breath air to meet girls who do lol.

QUOTE (Digitallware @ Mar 20 2012, 05:18 PM)

your right, I just met her so its not serious. That being said I whole heartedly agree with you, relationships shouldn't be based on whether she also likes the same band lol, but let me tell you its a fresh a breath air to meet girls who do lol.

There's quite a few here on this here message board.

tongue.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Mar 21 2012, 12:17 AM)
QUOTE (Digitallware @ Mar 20 2012, 05:18 PM)

There's quite a few here on this here message board.

tongue.gif

So I have hope? wub.gif

http://www.iamstaggered.com/usa/files/2011/03/nerd_flowers.jpg

Since I presented flowers, I'll just sit here and wait for the personal messages to roll in. confused13.gif

My fiance and I met at an open stage and he was enamored by my original music. I could never have written that kind of music without Rush being an influence. Since we have been together, we have seen three Rush concerts and will see our fourth in September in Pittsburgh. It was their music that inspired me and indirectly brought us together.

"There might be a ghost of a chance you can find someone to love...and make it last"

QUOTE (vitalsigns318 @ May 20 2012, 07:52 AM)
Since we have been together, we have seen three Rush concerts and will see our fourth in September in Pittsburgh.

Cool, my boyfriend and I will be at that show! Where are you sitting? I'm in the third row, but I also have lower bowl right by the stage seats on Geddy's side that I need to find homes for. Trouble is, I probably won't get the tix until right before the show. sad.gif

Rush guys seem pretty hard to come by too. I haven't met any yet; but then again, I'm not that old yet. Hopefully someday I will, and then I can fulfill my dream of restoring a vintage car and cruising the countryside with my beloved whilst listening to Rush and having a multitude of intelligent conversations. One can dream...

2.gif

Nice!,

Hopefully it will work out for you. There are many things that build a relationship. But that's a start. biggrin.gif I slowly brought my GF in to the Rush world. She is amazed at there talent but it's not for her all the time. She knows how much the band means to me. I have my man cave and rock out when the moment is right. Her mom, who is pushing 90 yrs. of age tells me to play it. My GF and I are going to the Tampa show. Nice beaches had to be a part of the agreement. tongue.gif She asked me if I needed ear plugs. Were sitting near the back but I told her. You might want to have them. It's a long show sweetheart. laugh.gif 2.gif 653.gif trink38.gif

That's great! I'm so happy for you! Believe it or not, the guy I'm with is less of a Rush fan than I am. He's big into classic rock, though, so your story gives me hope. He'll be a huge fan in no time. biggrin.gif Rush girls are where it's at.

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ May 21 2012, 07:36 PM)
QUOTE (vitalsigns318 @ May 20 2012, 07:52 AM)
Since we have been together, we have seen three Rush concerts and will see our fourth in September in Pittsburgh.

Cool, my boyfriend and I will be at that show! Where are you sitting? I'm in the third row, but I also have lower bowl right by the stage seats on Geddy's side that I need to find homes for. Trouble is, I probably won't get the tix until right before the show. sad.gif

I bought the VIP packages, so I am not sure where our seats will be. They should be close up as I bought the packages as soon as they went on sale. We will be easy to recognize because we are bringing our dragon, Nebby, that we created. He is based on the Rush r30 party t-shirt and writes reviews of the shows.

These are the links to the review of The Time Machine Tour in Pittsburgh:

http://www.musicxspot.com/discount/fan-spo...ons-part-i.html

http://www.musicxspot.com/discount/fan-spo...ns-part-ii.html

http://www.musicxspot.com/discount/fan-spo...s-part-iii.html

http://www.musicxspot.com/discount/fan-spo...ns-part-iv.html

http://www.musicxspot.com/discount/fan-spo...ons-part-v.html

http://www.musicxspot.com/discount/fan-spo...ns-part-vi.html