The Official Megadeth Thread

Union 5-3992

no atlanta date? that's a great line-up. didn't they already tour with suicidal before I was born? I want a chance to see the wrinkled up version of that

I'm sure this isn't the first time they've toured with Suicidal. I didn't notice until you mentioned it but except for the two Texas dates there's nothing else in the south. Nothing for New Orleans, Atlanta and nothing in Florida. Megadeth tours a ton whenever they go out, so there should be more shows. Not sure if it will be the same lineup or not?

I hope so. They haven't played ATL since the CTE 20th anniversary and I missed that too. I did see them open for maiden in 2013 but I'd like to see them headline.

Hooray, release day. I heard the two Best Buy bonus tracks and the Spotify bonus track. I love Last Dying Wish, it's heavy but I'm not a fan of spoken word lyrics. Look Who's Talking is weak and the cover of Melt The Ice Away is fun. I'm waiting to hear Me Hate You.
  • Like 1

Hooray, release day. I heard the two Best Buy bonus tracks and the Spotify bonus track. I love Last Dying Wish, it's heavy but I'm not a fan of spoken word lyrics. Look Who's Talking is weak and the cover of Melt The Ice Away is fun. I'm waiting to hear Me Hate You.

Amazon just delivered mine, plus it downloaded on Prime. Yes!

No Atlanta megadeth date. Not a shocker with The Masquerade gone. Only chance to see them is at the Carolina Rebellion, in Concord, in May. Sucks, because I prefer small venues.

Heard the new album three times so far and I love it. Probably their best since The System Has Failed.

The Threat Is Real, Fatal Illusion, Poisonous Shadows and Lying In State are my favorites so far.

Would love to see them open the show with The Threat Is Real when I see them in March.

As i listen to this album again today one thing stood out. They really did pull off a return to their roots sound they were shooting for. The great thing though is it does not sound "forced" . Often bands try and return to their core style and it just sounds like they were trying to hard. Not sure if that makes sense or not...

This will stay on heavy rotation for awhile i can tell

• Like 1

Sonetimes the first time you hear a album, you think its pretty good. Then after a few listens in kicks in and you realize its more than good, its awesome. Today was that day for dystopia. Hit me hard today on my third or so listen.
  • Like 1

One thing that I've noticed is the songs on Dystopia are mostly short, but it seems Dave and co have packed a lot of music into each one, so it seems you've listened to a much more epic tune. There's no fat on them though. Edited by treeduck
  • Like 1

I am not used to Treeduck being so happy about a new album...

It warms me heart!

• Like 1

I am not used to Treeduck being so happy about a new album...

It warms me heart!

You're just not paying enough attention.

Do I ever?

First impressions of the new album:

1)Too damned short. Some songs just cut off, it seems. Come on Dave, play on, brother!

2)Very, very, politically driven.

3)The sound is great. After listening to Dave's autobiography and hearing why the early albums sounded like shit(drugs), it's so great to hear clean sound. It is VERY WELL mixed.

I don't get this "too short" complaint i've been reading online.

Here's the length of some of the band's best albums:

Peace Sells - 36:12

So Far So Good So What - 34:26

Rust In Peace - 40:44

Countdown To Extinction - 47:26

Youthanasia - 49:57

The System Has Failed - 48:24

Endgame - 44:42

Dystopia - 46:51

What exactly is too short about it? People need to take that complaint and shove it. The new album is great, so just enjoy it.

There will never be another Rust in Peace...probably my favorite thrash record. It is without flaw. The perfect record during a time that had a movement called grunge emerging.

This video contains Dave Mustaine apparently after he aquired the help of a vocal coach. When did he learn how to sing live? He blew me away with his voice. This live performance is pretty much awesome. Anyway, for all my Megadeth friends RIP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dchopD4oAOE

Edited by Tombstone Mountain

I don't get this "too short" complaint i've been reading online.

Here's the length of some of the band's best albums:

Peace Sells - 36:12

So Far So Good So What - 34:26

Rust In Peace - 40:44

Countdown To Extinction - 47:26

Youthanasia - 49:57

The System Has Failed - 48:24

Endgame - 44:42

Dystopia - 46:51

What exactly is too short about it? People need to take that complaint and shove it. The new album is great, so just enjoy it.

You're kidding, right. We're Rush fans. We want every song to be 20 minutes. Lol
  • Like 2