Flying Colors

tangy

Infinite Fire is great! Really has a classic prog feel to it! I love it!

The choice of line up is also very good, the singing is top notch (even the one with MP on lead vocals).

4.5/5

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tick @ Mar 19 2012, 07:23 AM)
QUOTE (Priest of Syrinx @ Mar 18 2012, 08:03 PM)
Yeah, I'd agree about the singer.  I prefer Neal's voice, but then it would be too much of a "Neal Morse" album.

I think if the singer's your thing, you may not be too happy with Flying Colors.

I'm content with the singer. I am a huge Neal fan so I would love him to be the guy, the singer here has a good voice.

It's as heavy metal as it gets too!!

1022.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Feb 21 2012, 02:35 PM)
Good news and Bad news .
The Good - Every review is Great
The Bad- Portnoy sings lead on a song laugh.gif

That is very bad news. He still thinks he can sing? He must think we have a sense of humor.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Mar 19 2012, 02:52 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Feb 21 2012, 02:35 PM)
Good news and Bad news .
The Good - Every review is Great
The Bad- Portnoy sings lead on a song laugh.gif

That is very bad news. He still thinks he can sing? He must think we have a sense of humor.

My farts are more melodic than Porkbelly's attempts at vocals...

Although I'd rather he didn't sing. Portnoy isn't too bad on the song he sings. He also has help from Neal on the track.

I have not heard anything from this yet , but every review i read has nothing bad to say about it . The song Portnoy sings people seem to like as well

QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 21 2012, 11:39 AM)
I have not heard anything from this yet , but every review i read has nothing bad to say about it . The song Portnoy sings people seem to like as well

It's the kind of album you can sit down and listen to, but also play in the background and hum along with (on most songs).

QUOTE (Priest of Syrinx @ Mar 21 2012, 12:43 PM)
QUOTE (Tick @ Mar 20 2012, 07:53 AM)
Although I'd rather he didn't sing. Portnoy isn't too bad on the song he sings. He also has help from Neal on the track.

Heh, I think Neal rescues him a little bit. Mike does good enough within the limited range, IMHO.

I agree. He hits a flat note or two, but its one of his best efforts.

QUOTE (Priest of Syrinx @ Mar 21 2012, 11:45 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 21 2012, 11:39 AM)

It's the kind of album you can sit down and listen to, but also play in the background and hum along with (on most songs).

Hum Along ? Oh dear God

QUOTE (Tick @ Mar 19 2012, 07:23 AM)
QUOTE (Priest of Syrinx @ Mar 18 2012, 08:03 PM)
Yeah, I'd agree about the singer.  I prefer Neal's voice, but then it would be too much of a "Neal Morse" album.

I think if the singer's your thing, you may not be too happy with Flying Colors.

I'm content with the singer. I am a huge Neal fan so I would love him to be the guy, the singer here has a good voice.

After a few more spins, the singer is growing on me. I still don't like the opening to "Kayla", though.

These guys sound really good together, but I think that Steve Morse is the standout.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Adrenaline Mob!

Album sounds really good start to finish!

QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 29 2012, 05:59 PM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Mar 29 2012, 07:44 AM)
It arrived today.....

And I expect you to scream out from your rooftop in a Valkyrie roar that it's the METAL album of the decade! 1022.gif

It's so not METAL. And all the better for it. You metallers will have to go into your man caves and write big angry missives(when you're not playing video games, or rubbing one out, or both at the same time) to Kerrang!!!

This album is fabulous. It's full of tunes. The playing is understated for the most part, the odd proggy moment shining through. The best side-project any of them have ever been involved with. So many supergroups fall flat on their collective arse, not this one.

Not sure if it's going to chart, but it should be huge. It's so shiny, and poppy and Beatley.

Truly gobsmacked, I expected it to be good, not an album of the year contender. Wow.

Not metal. A pop-prog masterpiece.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Mar 29 2012, 01:35 PM)
It arrived today.....

And I expect you to scream out from your rooftop in a Valkyrie roar that it's the METAL album of the decade! 1022.gif

It's so not METAL. And all the better for it. You metallers will have to go into your man caves and write big angry missives(when you're not playing video games, or rubbing one out, or both at the same time) to Kerrang!!!

This album is fabulous. It's full of tunes. The playing is understated for the most part, the odd proggy moment shining through. The best side-project any of them have ever been involved with. So many supergroups fall flat on their collective arse, not this one.

Not sure if it's going to chart, but it should be huge. It's so shiny, and poppy and Beatley.

Truly gobsmacked, I expected it to be good, not an album of the year contender. Wow.

I'm only 3% serious... tongue.gif

And I like many things from jazz to flamenco to blues to tango...

...but for some reason I can't resist saying...no way motherfokker it's METAL and you better believe it!

1022.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 29 2012, 06:43 PM)
It arrived today.....

...but for some reason I can't resist saying...no way motherfokker it's METAL and you better believe it!

1022.gif

Yeah, I'll believe you when you take off your Venom pyjamas, and you reveal your inner Britney....

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Mar 29 2012, 01:47 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 29 2012, 06:43 PM)
It arrived today.....

1022.gif

Yeah, I'll believe you when you take off your Venom pyjamas, and you reveal your inner Britney....

laugh.gif

I'd make a good Britney actually!

cheer.gif ohmy.gif 1022.gif trink38.gif

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Mar 29 2012, 02:35 PM)
It arrived today.....

Now that's a review I can trust! Buying this.