Jacob's Ladder

Tom Sawyer

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Dec 10 2011, 05:45 PM)
Looks like for those of you holding out hope to see it in the setlist next year, ain't gonna happen. If they already gave it a fighting effort and weren't feeling it, then I doubt that will change next tour.

Whoever said it's too technically challenging for them at their age I must say wtf.gif Nothing is too technically challenging for these guys. Besides, songs like Freewill, YYZ, La Villa, Tom Sawyer (for Neil), are much more difficult

Also, keep in mind that Rush will be playing a ton of Clockwork Angels stuff that would take up half the show. Those songs, along with the usual favorites, will make it very hard to fit in this song.

I would not be so sure.

They gave The Camera Eye a fighting chance in the past as fans were begging for it. And then it finally clicked when they decided to do MP complete.

I think they can do it. No reason they could not. But they have to really be feeling it to do it for an entire tour.

AS far as too difficult for Neil at this point?

LMFAO.

Yeah sure. Give that bullshit argument up.

EDIT...I was in the process of typing this up when Todem posted so it looks like we had similar ideas and I'm not just reiterating what he said in the previous post.

I don't think it's a case of not being able to play it but they just don't want to play it. Actually it might be kinda boring for them to play. I know it SOUNDS cool but it's really just a couple of riffs repeated over and over and over again.

Now I don't play guitar very well at all but JL was one of the songs I wanted to learn to play and once I got it down (somewhat) I found it was cool that I was playing it (not very well I might ad) but, due to its repetition, it soon became more of an exercise than actually playing a song. I understand that repetition is how you learn how to play well but it soon got boring and I just set it aside. (I don't have a very long attention span and get bored with things pretty easily.)

Maybe this is the case with 2.gif and JL. I mean The Camera Eye is the same way...just a couple of riffs played over and over and over again and they even mentioned they didn't enjoy playing it but since it was on MP they HAD to! And they chopped out a couple of minutes of it to boot.

They are up on stage working and no matter how great your job might be there are eventually going to be things about it you don't like (to Neil the being on stage, performing part) so if they can do something to make the work experience great the whole time, like not play song they find boring, then maybe that is what they going to do and in this case not play JL.

Edited by Invisible To Telescopic Eye

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Dec 9 2011, 10:58 PM)
confused13.gif Honestly, I'd just as rather not see them do it.

So do you want them to do it or not?

PS Just feed a mixture of raw eggs and beans to the dog and keep it in the house. Close your eyes and presto! You're in Yellowstone.

------------------------------------------

The only real technical challenge this song would present is the syncopated drum bit in the bridge. It's not real fast or anything... I think they could handle it no prob. As was said, just didn't fit the set. Still hoping for it.

QUOTE (Phantom @ Dec 11 2011, 07:05 AM)
Just a gut feeling hunch on this one... but...

I think they'll play it live before they hang it up for good... we just likely won't see it on this upcoming tour.

They will do it on the tour when they play PeW complete as their second set. tongue.gif

QUOTE (tjtull @ Dec 9 2011, 02:30 PM)
QUOTE (MMCXII @ Dec 9 2011, 02:05 PM)
as much as I like it, Jacobs ladder isn't really much a concert song. I'd still enjoy seeing it though

Really? I thought it kicked ass when I saw them do it in 1981!! Maybe it's not for the causal RUSH fan but all us diehards would love it!!

Actually, they only played it on the Permanent Waves tour, and never after that... The version on ESL was recorded in the UK on the PeW tour. Bummer, because I also think it would work great live. For years they resisted playing "The Camera Eye", and look how well it turned out on the Time Machine tour...