Airport bartenders

itsbry

So I'm waiting for my flight out of Miami (have no idea why I didn't fly out of Ft Laud, but whatever) and I'm headed for the closest bar to pay way too much for a beer, right? Right!

WELL, there was this cute little Hispanic girl serving up the brews (forgot her name, sorry) and she was busting some other guy's chops about not knowing who Geddy Lee is, right? Right!

WELL, I had to announce my fanhood and she proceeded to inform me about the new album coming out and how many shows she'd been to and all that.

Not anything earth-shattering or anything, but it was good to run into her...

Thanks for the beers and hope I tipped enough!

trink39.gif

...You got her phone #, right??

If so, you got free beer for life!!! yes.gif laugh.gif

trink38.gif trink39.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

It's basically nerves...some people just can't handle flying very well.

I'm one of those.Gotta have atleast 2 brews on the flight, as soon as I get in my seat.It is what it is...can't change the routine,even if I wanted

to.Fortunately, I don't fly very often.

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Dec 3 2011, 01:37 PM)
Why does everyone feel the need to drink, ON or BEFORE getting on a plane?

The main reason I drink before getting on a plane is so that I don't mind being crammed in some tube for a couple of hours. (it's not everytime either. I certainly don't drink for early morning flights. It's usually the flight home on Friday night after a week long business trip. I would probably be having a few anyway even if I weren't on the plane. Plus it's free as I can expense it)

I have a hard time sleeping on planes as well. Having a couple of drinks does let me zone out and get some much needed rest as well.

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Dec 4 2011, 03:13 PM)

The main reason I drink before getting on a plane is so that I don't mind being crammed in some tube for a couple of hours. (it's not everytime either. I certainly don't drink for early morning flights. It's usually the flight home on Friday night after a week long business trip. I would probably be having a few anyway even if I weren't on the plane. Plus it's free as I can expense it)

I have a hard time sleeping on planes as well. Having a couple of drinks does let me zone out and get some much needed rest as well.

Oh, okay. Now see, this makes sense.

Thank you for explaining. smile.gif

and go2wrk as well!

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Dec 4 2011, 03:13 PM)

Agreed...I would like to add that aside from being in an uncomfortable tube for a couple of hours, a few drinks help to ease the pain concerning the huge amount of money that I thew down to fly on something a bit less comfortable than the bus. Also, being strapped to a giant piece of steel at who knows how far up in the air gives me a bit of discomfort. In fact, I flew home from NYC once and realized that factoring in the wait at the airport, the line at the disrobing station, the taxiing from gate to takeoff position (1hr15min), and the luggage return, it would have been a little quicker had I driven. Thank God I had a few drinks in me. Though I don't condone drinking as a way to get through stressful situations, I need to have a few before the plane ride.

Cool story, and thanks for pointing out that she was hispanic.

Why do these situations never happen to me? Ive never heard a single person in public ever speak of the members or of the band ive only had people comment on my Rush shirt and they usually turn out to be casual fans. Guess ill stick to the forums for the real fans then laugh.gif