Got in trouble today..

FountainOfSyrinx

woot!! go you!!!

different band, but when I graduated high school, on graduation day I BLASTED Chicago's "25 or 6 to 4" in the parking lot. Then Bon Jovi. Got very strange looks as I rocked out.

QUOTE (go2wrk@95974 @ Nov 17 2011, 12:34 AM)
QUOTE (driventotheedge @ Nov 16 2011, 12:19 PM)
Geez Louise times have changed......and not for the better. Back in my day (yeah I know, that sounds so dinosaur) you walked through the parking lot and Zep, Floyd, Aerosmith, Sabbath, etc. were cranking out of like every other car and it weren't quiet. The 70s rule.

Fukk 'em man, don't give in and keep rockin' the Rush.

goodpost.gif

...Yep, I remember those days extremely well!

Was in HS from 74-78..BLASTIN' R&R from my 68

Dodge van....Where have all the good times gone?????? confused13.gif

1022.gif trink39.gif cool10.gif 1022.gif trink39.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Nov 18 2011, 03:36 PM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Nov 18 2011, 11:08 AM)
You are definitely on the fast track to the unpopular table during lunch.

Unfortunately, that is possibly the most true comment so far. sad.gif

Hehe, it's not really unfortunate. Cool kids dont listen to Rush, but that doesn't really matter.

He would definitely be made fun of for blasting that in the parking lot, but I would hope it doesn't bother him. He likes what he likes, and it's different from all the other sheep out there, so nothing wrong with that.

It's only unfortunate when a kid lets it bother him.

So there I was, listening to Rush, and a woman whom I work with asked who it was. So I said: "You won't have heard of them, but their name's Rush." I doubted her husband had heard of them, but blow me down, she came back the next day and said her husband had of them and that they're Canadian. I nearly fell over. Pretty much everyone I know of or work with don't know who Rush are. Some other woman I work with can't stand them.

QUOTE (Litehawk @ Nov 19 2011, 07:27 AM)

Popularity (and its opposite) is a state of mind.

It's who you do have

In the long run...

1287.gif

QUOTE (trenken @ Nov 18 2011, 09:52 PM)
QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Nov 18 2011, 03:36 PM)

Unfortunately, that is possibly the most true comment so far. sad.gif

Hehe, it's not really unfortunate. Cool kids dont listen to Rush, but that doesn't really matter.

He would definitely be made fun of for blasting that in the parking lot, but I would hope it doesn't bother him. He likes what he likes, and it's different from all the other sheep out there, so nothing wrong with that.

It's only unfortunate when a kid lets it bother him.

Hahahaha smile.gif well the ironic thing is that i fit in with a whole bunch of people at school. I hang out with everyone that plays football and quite a few colorguard girls (which means they're pretty popular, because i go to a nationally renowned school for band..) but they always give me crap for listening to rush. but in a good, fun manner of course. I think even the kids today know the talent they have.. i just usually point them towards "Caravan" and say.. "Yeah, they wrote that when they were 57, Nuff said."

But yeah. It seems that kids don't poke a whole lot of fun at music. There is sooo much of it around.

Another thing that helps, is that the kids i've played soccer with for 12 years all love Rush, and they're my closest group of friends. And the coach loves em too. I went to the '07 show with him and my friends 1022.gif

Anyways, there are prolly quite a few kids saying "What the $%&! is that?!" But for me, i'm pretty "liked" without trying to sound conceited, and the Holy Triumvirate only harms that a tad bit smile.gif but totally worth it.. 2.gif 1022.gif yes.gif applaudit.gif th1245.gif trink36.gif bacon.gif trink39.gif 1287.gif common001.gif z7shysterical.gif cat.gif 653.gif rofl3.gif wink.gif tongue.gif biggrin.gif