last movie you watched

sonicjams

http://downloadming.nu/uploads/Bang-Bang2.jpg

OK guys, what about a Hindi remake of "Knight and Day"?

Hey, come back here!!

Seriously, if you thought the original was somehow over the top, this one will take you to the stratosphere. On acid.

Super-sexy superstar Rhitik Roshan thrashes Tom Cruise like you would step over an ant. Think "Jason Statham with long hair and a flair for comedy and a gun". The action scenes, the dialogues, everything is so grotesque you can't stop laughing.

Super-sexy superstar Katrina Kaif gets all the blockbuster roles lately, I don't particularly like her, and she's quite bland in this. Even worse than Cameron Diaz was.

If you want to laugh, mostly self-consciously, this one could carry you through the night. Or not.

Let it be said that Roshan is a really great actor, there's plenty of proof about that. When he does blockbusters, he just goes with it and has fun, almost like a self-parody of his super-macho image.

http://theholyshrine.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/one-hour-photo-01.jpg

I really liked it. It's been a while since a movie got to me emotionally like this one did. For Robin's character Sey I related, felt pity for, was discomforted by, and then some.

There's one scene that was very frightening, and I'm not entirely sure what it's purpose was, but I liked that too because it scared me more than any horror movie I've seen recently :)

This movie made me look at photography and photos in a way I hadn't, the character's passion and knowledge around the subject is convincing, and the narratives are well written. The ending is open-ended.

9/10, still some flaws - namely one detail, Sey does something which makes no logical sense on his part and is not something he would do given how smart and careful he is, the action is purely made to trick the audience, and I'm not a fan of going to that extreme to accomplish that.

Edited by Mr. Not
  • Like 2

Fright Night (1985)

Absolute rubbish.

That film is excellent! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

And the remake is one of those rare horror remakes like Dawn Of The Dead and Let Me In that doesn't totally suck. The original is better, though. Not buying the change from horror movie host to Chris Angel esque magician although Tennant was a hoot in that role.

Fright Night (1985)

Absolute rubbish.

And the remake is one of those rare horror remakes like Dawn Of The Dead and Let Me In that doesn't totally suck. The original is better, though. Not buying the change from horror movie host to Chris Angel esque magician although Tennant was a hoot in that role.

Yeah Roddy McDowell's Peter Vincent was better suited to the atmosphere and vibe of the story.

Fright Night (1985)

Absolute rubbish.

I love that Dawn of the Dead remake.

But it is too different to the original for me to say I prefer it. Both have excellent qualities. But the remake is scarier and more exciting.