Tim Tebow

Presto-digitation

QUOTE (tick @ Oct 31 2011, 06:47 AM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Oct 30 2011, 08:35 PM)
God helps those who help themselves. But what God really appreciates is a 60% or better completion percentage. Even God thinks Tebow sucks. Fact.

This is unfair. The kid doesn't even have more then a handful of starts under his belt. He is totally green right now. Give a chance.

Go pick on some Philip Rivers who orchestrated the worst 2 minute drill in history against the Jets last week.

I agree. This really is relative to the praise he gets. Praise for what I don't know. But you're right, he's young and his team is largely awful. So then I say that people should stop annointing him so soon if it's also too soon to call him terrible. Call it like you actually see it, which is that he's a guy with lots of potential who's also struggling. Stop spinning Tebow's poor play into something ELSE, like bad referee calls and coaches misusing this great talent, etc....(I don't mean "you" either, just that vocal support group that apologizes and excuses everything he f*cks up, who put up billboards, etc).

Edited by Presto-digitation

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Oct 31 2011, 08:06 AM)
God helps those who help themselves. But what God really appreciates is a 60% or better completion percentage. Even God thinks Tebow sucks. Fact.

This is unfair. The kid doesn't even have more then a handful of starts under his belt. He is totally green right now. Give a chance.

Go pick on some Philip Rivers who orchestrated the worst 2 minute drill in history against the Jets last week.

I agree. This really is relative to the praise he gets. Praise for what I don't know. But you're right, he's young and his team is largely awful. So then I say that people should stop annointing him so soon if it's also too soon to call him terrible. Call it like you actually see it, which is that he's a guy with lots of potential who's also struggling. Stop spinning Tebow's poor play into something ELSE, like bad referee calls and coaches misusing this great talent, etc....(I don't mean "you" either, just that vocal support group that apologizes and excuses everything he f*cks up, who put up billboards, etc).

I'm a lifelong Broncos fan and I'm not anointing him anything. From what I see he is your typical young quarterback. Will he be good, great, average or awful is too soon to say.

I'm hoping for the best but only time will tell.

QUOTE (tick @ Oct 31 2011, 09:06 AM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Oct 31 2011, 08:06 AM)

I'm a lifelong Broncos fan and I'm not anointing him anything. From what I see he is your typical young quarterback. Will he be good, great, average or awful is too soon to say.

I'm hoping for the best but only time will tell.

YOU may not be, but plenty are.

Speaking of such:

Again, no idea what Denver doing w/ Tebow. Not an I formation dropback QB, yet forced him into slowdown O. Line awful, no McGahee, receivers

More Bayless excuses. Everyone's fault BUT his. wink.gif Hilarious. Next it'll be the Gatorade guy didn't have the right flavor on the sidelines and how Tebow was thrown off by the blue Gatorade. I mean, his commentary is just about that ridiculous.

I think more billboards of support are in order.

Edited by Presto-digitation

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Oct 24 2011, 09:49 AM)
I don't get it either. Cam Newton and Andy Dalton are much more impressive rookie QBs IMO.

Dalton has red hair. Won't work in the NFL. And he doesn't wear his faith on his sleeve. Who wan't to hair about that?

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Oct 31 2011, 08:31 AM)
Speaking of such:

Again, no idea what Denver doing w/ Tebow. Not an I formation dropback QB, yet forced him into slowdown O. Line awful, no McGahee, receivers

More Bayless excuses. Everyone's fault BUT his. wink.gif Hilarious. Next it'll be the Gatorade guy didn't have the right flavor on the sidelines and how Tebow was thrown off by the blue Gatorade. I mean, his commentary is just about that ridiculous.

I think more billboards of support are in order.

Skip Bayless is the Westboro Baptist Church of sports broadcasting. I don't even think he believers what he says, he just feels a pathological need for others to hate him.

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Oct 30 2011, 11:49 PM)
Enough about Jesus....

-- Ferdie "The Fight Doctor" Pacheco, in his post-bout interview with Evander Holyfield (who wouldn't stop talking about Jesus)

hilarious.

wtf.gif

That's all I got right now confused13.gif

9 for 20 and one of the ugliest throwing motions I've seen. As inaccurate as his passes are, they were never so bad that they were intercepted.

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Nov 18 2011, 08:09 AM)
wtf.gif

That's all I got right now confused13.gif

9 for 20 and one of the ugliest throwing motions I've seen. As inaccurate as his passes are, they were never so bad that they were intercepted.

or maybe they were so bad that even the defense couldn't reach them yes.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Nov 18 2011, 01:50 PM)
QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Nov 18 2011, 08:09 AM)
wtf.gif

That's all I got right now  confused13.gif

or maybe they were so bad that even the defense couldn't reach them yes.gif laugh.gif

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 18 2011, 02:17 PM)
From what I've seen of him so far he can't throw but he can run. Maybe he should be a running back? unsure.gif

He is a hell of a football player. He looks like a full body vomit when he tries to throw.... 9 of 20 following up a 2 for 9 performance? A couple of those passes that were caught last night had to be dug out of the ground.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Nov 18 2011, 02:23 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 18 2011, 02:17 PM)
From what I've seen of him so far he can't throw but he can run. Maybe he should be a running back?  unsure.gif

He is a hell of a football player. He looks like a full body vomit when he tries to throw.... 9 of 20 following up a 2 for 9 performance? A couple of those passes that were caught last night had to be dug out of the ground.

I can't see him being anything but an 8-8 quarterback at best. Can you imagine him winning a superbowl? Elway didn't return to the Broncos for them to just make up the numbers...

A couple of things:

1. A shitty completion percentage and attempting 8-to-16 passes per game will only get you so far. Eventually they'll need to lean on him as a PASSER and they'll be...what do you say...f*cked. The man has more rushing yards than passing most games. That's not a quarterback, that's a running back. Let him run the option and get a real passer. He's a weapon, not a quarterback.

2. EVENTUALLY, like Mike Vick, he's going to get hurt running around. Yes he's bigger and stronger than Vick, but some DE or SS is eventually going to flatten him with glee and he's not going to bounce back up. Most teams DON'T want a valued quarterback running as much as he's prone to run. Again, put him in during special situations, drives, etc...but he's not going to last very long at this rate.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Nov 18 2011, 03:02 PM)
A couple of things:

1. A shitty completion percentage and attempting 8-to-16 passes per game will only get you so far. Eventually they'll need to lean on him as a PASSER and they'll be...what do you say...f*cked. The man has more rushing yards than passing most games. That's not a quarterback, that's a running back. Let him run the option and get a real passer. He's a weapon, not a quarterback.

2. EVENTUALLY, like Mike Vick, he's going to get hurt running around. Yes he's bigger and stronger than Vick, but some DE or SS is eventually going to flatten him with glee and he's not going to bounce back up. Most teams DON'T want a valued quarterback running as much as he's prone to run. Again, put him in during special situations, drives, etc...but he's not going to last very long at this rate.

Nailed it - especially this phrase "valued quarterback"

Even running the option last night, he got rid of the ball and still got planted. How long can he keep doing that? How valuable is he to the Broncos if they keep him in a position to get killed every couple plays.

Say whatever you want about Tebow, but that 95 yard drive last night to win that game was the stuff of legend. He willed his way down the field. It was amazing. The last play when the Jets blitzed and he burned there asses was freakin awesome!

Not a believer, I get that, but you have to give props, that drive was incredible!

QUOTE (tick @ Nov 18 2011, 04:35 PM)
was the stuff of legend.

z7shysterical.gif

You are using the word legend very loosely here. 10 years from now - nobody is going to remember that drive except for some Broncos fans, and maybe a few pissed off Jets fans.

That wasn't a great drive by a QB. It was a great drive by a football player who just happened to be lined up under center. If the Jets D wasn't so inept, it wouldn't have been much of a legend.

I contend you get any decent runner back there and he would have been successful seeing how the Jets D played and the holes opened up by the Broncos line. Tebow's arm was not what won it - it was his legs, and it didn't take too much QB skill to run thru the holes the Jets D left wide open.

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Nov 18 2011, 05:47 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Nov 18 2011, 04:35 PM)
was the stuff of legend.

z7shysterical.gif

You are using the word legend very loosely here. 10 years from now - nobody is going to remember that drive except for some Broncos fans, and maybe a few pissed off Jets fans.

That wasn't a great drive by a QB. It was a great drive by a football player who just happened to be lined up under center. If the Jets D wasn't so inept, it wouldn't have been much of a legend.

I contend you get any decent runner back there and he would have been successful seeing how the Jets D played and the holes opened up by the Broncos line. Tebow's arm was not what won it - it was his legs, and it didn't take to much QB skill to run thru the holes the Jets D left wide open.

LEGEND!!!!!!!! 1022.gif common001.gif