The Trees - Isolated Drums and Bass

Gilbertk

I started a new Youtube channel called "Great Rhythm Sections" where I'll post classic songs with the drums and bass isolated. Here's one of the first few I posted, which is The Trees. Enjoy!

I won't usually, but I included the keys for this song because Geddy plays them and well, he is half of the rhythm section soooo... yeah. Also it gives a little context for Neil's parts.

Enjoy! Oh and if you have any requests for more isolations don't hesitate to ask! I'm willing to post any part isolated.

QUOTE (Gilbertk @ Oct 11 2011, 03:30 PM)
I started a new Youtube channel called "Great Rhythm Sections" where I'll post classic songs with the drums and bass isolated. Here's one of the first few I posted, which is The Trees. Enjoy!

I won't usually, but I included the keys for this song because Geddy plays them and well, he is half of the rhythm section soooo... yeah. Also it gives a little context for Neil's parts.

Enjoy! Oh and if you have any requests for more isolations don't hesitate to ask! I'm willing to post any part isolated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsGkEvBU4Mg

How about Farewell to Kings...and everthing! haha

QUOTE (oldphilly @ Oct 11 2011, 04:27 PM)
QUOTE (Gilbertk @ Oct 11 2011, 03:30 PM)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsGkEvBU4Mg

How about Farewell to Kings...and everthing! haha

I plan on doing what I can! Haha. Coming up soon is Moving Pictures, 2112, Working Man and many MANY other songs by many other great bands.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Oct 11 2011, 04:47 PM)
Nice. I'm curious, do you have access to the masters or is this a very painstaking process?

Masters sir. The masters. If there is a process I would love to learn it, but through scouring the internet, I found many MANY original multitracks from lots of artists.

Something I notice often in these isolation vids, is Geddy often sounds like he's a hair behind the beat with his notes. It's weird. Anyone notice that? Im guessing he played like this on purpose, and you dont really notice it listening to the full song, but it's apparent when you strip everything else out. He sounds slightly slow to me, timing slightly off or something.

Ive said it sooo many times before.... If Rush would release cds of them isolated I'd buy every single one, thats guitar/bass/drums/keys/ effects.

This would make some Big Money for them!

QUOTE (trenken @ Oct 12 2011, 08:34 AM)
Something I notice often in these isolation vids, is Geddy often sounds like he's a hair behind the beat with his notes. It's weird. Anyone notice that? Im guessing he played like this on purpose, and you dont really notice it listening to the full song, but it's apparent when you strip everything else out. He sounds slightly slow to me, timing slightly off or something.

I've noticed that too. You can hear it a lot in the 2112 bass track. It's quite odd really, because his timing is perfect live.

QUOTE (Gilbertk @ Oct 12 2011, 09:09 AM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Oct 12 2011, 08:34 AM)

I've noticed that too. You can hear it a lot in the 2112 bass track. It's quite odd really, because his timing is perfect live.

Yeah ive heard a lot of these isolation tracks, and in many of them Geddy is playing a little behind the beat.

Listen to this one. He's definitely not hitting those notes right on the beat, he's slow, but you dont notice it so much when all the music is there.

It's really weird. I wonder if he was playing like this on purpose in the studio recordings, or if he just isnt a human metronome like Neil is. But I dont get it because anyone that plays bass will tell you it's not hard to play right on the beat, and like you said, he didnt always play slow live. It's a mystery to me.

These tracks are rips of the audio files from the Rock Band and Guitar Hero video games. They are not THE actual tracks from a master tape. The masters were provided to the game makers. There are tons of these on the net. All of MP is available. Check the Making Modern Music section and do a search. Check 'em out .... they are awesome!!! Lots of fun to jam to if you are merely a player.

so for a person who is basically computer ILLITERATE, is there a way fro me to get these onto a cd from youtube?

thanks!

QUOTE (third hand grace @ Oct 13 2011, 12:24 PM)
so for a person who is basically computer ILLITERATE, is there a way fro me to get these onto a cd from youtube?
thanks!

I can email you the songs! Just PM me your email and tell me which you want. For Rush I have:

The Trees

Working Man

Closer to the Heart

All of Moving Pictures

to me, the Alex's guitar seems to get farther and farther back in the mix from AFTK on up to say the end of the 80's. don't get me wrong, I love the bass and drums but I can adjust the sound to hear those more, I dont necessarily have controls to hear the guitar louder.

I would love to hear anything guitar only from basically '75 up through the 80's.