The 2011/2012 NHL season thread.

PhilCastro

Unbelievable.

Alex Edler can DIAF.

The moronic delay of game rule can DIAF.

And most of all, Duncan Keith can DIAF, for managing to do with an inexcusable, bush league cheapshot what he couldn't do with his play last spring: shutting down the Sedins.

This is shittier than the Game 7 loss last year. They probably deserved that one. This time? This is Murphy's Law at its finest. F*ck.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• invisibleairwaves

• PhilCastro

• blackhawkrush

• KW84

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Apr 16 2012, 12:16 AM)
QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Apr 16 2012, 12:15 AM)
QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Apr 16 2012, 12:10 AM)
QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Apr 16 2012, 12:07 AM)
QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Apr 16 2012, 12:00 AM)
the Canucks are going to win this series.. callin' it.

You shouldn't be drinking at your age. dazed025.gif

Hey your Hawks nearly won after being in the 0-3 hole last year.. if i can recall, y'all were basically an empty net away from winning!

Yeah, but we got Bolland back to help the cause and they're still without Daniel. smile.gif

That game last night was insane!

I couldn't believe I was watching game 1 all over again...with a different ending. cool.gif

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Apr 16 2012, 12:19 AM)
And most of all, Duncan Keith can DIAF, for managing to do with an inexcusable, bush league cheapshot what he couldn't do with his play last spring: shutting down the Sedins.

ranton.gif

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Apr 15 2012, 10:25 PM)

ranton.gif

Oh, I'm just warming up. Just wait until they're actually eliminated.

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Apr 16 2012, 12:26 AM)

ranton.gif

They'll win at least once..

you gotta start somewhere 1287.gif

Oh yeah, and add Kesler to the DIAF list. This was the perfect opportunity for him to do what he did in the Nashville series last year and help make up for the Sedins' offence. It didn't happen, and in the meantime he did his very best to embarrass the team and its fans through his antics. Shameful. I hope Gillis gets good value for him this summer before his NTC kicks in next season. It's tough to say that about a guy who was an absolute fan favourite, and who spent the last two seasons cleaning up his act significantly, but he blew it when it mattered most. Edited by invisibleairwaves

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Apr 15 2012, 10:27 PM)

ranton.gif

Yeah, hopefully they'll eke out a win on Wednesday to salvage some shred of dignity and give them one last home game. Not going to count on it though.

Limp-wristest pussy punk non-fighting dress wearing Cindy Crobitch said, "I don't like any guy on their team." f***ing pussy, just like the Pens coach. From the top down, a bunch of dirty pussies laugh.gif

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Apr 16 2012, 03:24 AM)

ranton.gif

Yeah, hopefully they'll eke out a win on Wednesday to salvage some shred of dignity and give them one last home game. Not going to count on it though.

I yield to no one in hatred for your team. That being said, twice in the last 10 years I've watched teams I root for have a playoff series go 3-0, only to have the "reverse sweep" occur. I'm not saying it's likely to happen here, nor am I spouting the usual "you never know" stuff. Just saying, the Canucks are good team, and stranger things have happened.

QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ Apr 16 2012, 07:39 AM)

ranton.gif

I yield to no one in hatred for your team. That being said, twice in the last 10 years I've watched teams I root for have a playoff series go 3-0, only to have the "reverse sweep" occur. I'm not saying it's likely to happen here, nor am I spouting the usual "you never know" stuff. Just saying, the Canucks are good team, and stranger things have happened.

Yeah, that's true. It's somewhat reassuring to know that these games have all been close; two of them were tied going into the 3rd, and might have ended differently if not for Edler's colossal screwups. Certainly, if the Canucks start getting a few lucky bounces, or if one of the Kings' defencemen starts to shit the bed instead, they could claw back into this. I'm glad it hasn't been a complete systemic failure like the losses to the Bruins last June.

If they force a game 5, who knows, maybe Daniel Sedin will get rushed back into action. That would be huge.

Edited by invisibleairwaves

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Apr 16 2012, 04:40 PM)

ranton.gif

Yeah, that's true. It's somewhat reassuring to know that these games have all been close; two of them were tied going into the 3rd, and might have ended differently if not for Edler's colossal screwups. Certainly, if the Canucks start getting a few lucky bounces, or if one of the Kings' defencemen starts to shit the bed instead, they could claw back into this. I'm glad it hasn't been a complete systemic failure like the losses to the Bruins last June.

If they force a game 5, who knows, maybe Daniel Sedin will get rushed back into action. That would be huge.

Word is that Schneider has replaced Luongo in net for good in this series?

QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ Apr 16 2012, 01:46 PM)

ranton.gif

Could be. The thing is, Luongo was arguably the best Canuck in the first two games. Switching goalies was a desperation move to wake up the team, and while Schneider was excellent, it didn't work. So I don't know if they'll run with Schneider, but the truth is, it doesn't really matter at this point.

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Apr 16 2012, 06:18 PM)
Can someone tell me the reasoning behind having two games start at the same time? Why not have staggering start times so I can watch both games equally? eyesre4.gif

It's a work day. Weekends are different. I wouldn't want the Hawks to start at 2:00pm on a Monday, believe me.

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Apr 16 2012, 07:22 PM)
Can someone tell me the reasoning behind having two games start at the same time? Why not have staggering start times so I can watch both games equally? eyesre4.gif

It's a work day. Weekends are different. I wouldn't want the Hawks to start at 2:00pm on a Monday, believe me.

I mean like start one at 7 and the next one at 7:30.

This way, You can watch the 7:30 game while the first game is at intermission. Then it goes back and forth. And then the endings will be staggered as well.

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Apr 16 2012, 06:25 PM)
QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Apr 16 2012, 07:22 PM)

I mean like start one at 7 and the next one at 7:30.

This way, You can watch the 7:30 game while the first game is at intermission. Then it goes back and forth. And then the endings will be staggered as well.

You're right about the 7,7:30 thing. I do that all the time during the season. NHL eggheads don't see it that way, I guess...

QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ Apr 16 2012, 02:46 PM)

ranton.gif

Schneider will play 1 more game?