Here's a good read

Ghostnotes

QUOTE (Invisible To Telescopic Eye @ Sep 21 2011, 05:03 AM)
Cool article.

Did you notice the typos in the first paragraph where when Neil says "play a"...it's spelled playa...like "what up playaaaaa". laugh.gif

Ugh. I hate typos. Thanks for pointing that out smile.gif

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Sep 21 2011, 09:52 AM)
One of the older songs we're playing "Presto" is from '79.
Neil, get your memory together, jesus christ old man. tongue.gif

I know smile.gif I had to literally stare at that passage in the magazine before transcribing it. He had me second-guessing myself!

QUOTE (Jag2112 @ Sep 21 2011, 09:56 AM)
QUOTE (D3strukt @ Sep 21 2011, 09:52 AM)
One of the older songs we're playing "Presto" is from '79.
Neil, get your memory together, jesus christ old man. tongue.gif

I know smile.gif I had to literally stare at that passage in the magazine before transcribing it. He had me second-guessing myself!

I'm sure this is a typo by the person who wrote transcribed this. U really doubt Neil thinks they did Presto in 1979

Another good article. I can't play a note, but I love all the technical stuff and reading an interview wherein the musician discusses it. I'm looking forward to Neil Peart's new DVD even thought it is (grrrrrrrrrr) delayed until November.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Sep 21 2011, 11:53 AM)
Peart is sharp as a tack. He knows they didn't record Presto in 79. Either a typo or he was thinking 89 and said 79.

Or LeaveMyThingAlone is right and it was a mistake on the part of the original writer. confused13.gif

In an interview with Pamela Wallin (Canadian show) taped around November 1996, Neil said that on the T4E tour, they were playing a 9 minute piece called Natural Science from 1980 that they had never played live before. He said that they had chosen other songs from that album to play on tour. Natural Science was played live on the Permanent Waves and Moving Pictures tours.

Didn't read the whole thing, but I like his story of studying with Peter Erskine. Sounds like Erskine caught some "waste motion" in Neil's playing technique which Gruber missed.