The Scholastic Awards

Nate2112

QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Sep 17 2011, 04:51 PM)
Ok haters what about the second one. Is that good

rofl3.gif You're the one who just paraphrased the song. If you think you're not plagiarizing then go ahead, hand it in. While you're at it tell the teacher/judges what inspired you and recommend they look it up. Make sure to have someone take a picture of your face when they tell you about plagiarism and how it relates to your first poem.

And since you asked, I'll tell you again you second one is decent, but it needs some work. The tone seems a little disjointed.

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Sep 17 2011, 05:17 PM)
QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Sep 17 2011, 01:51 PM)

http://i.imgur.com/CAZEh.jpg

Ignoring the fricking plagerism, how the hell did you do that

QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Sep 17 2011, 08:35 PM)
QUOTE (Kenneth @ Sep 17 2011, 05:17 PM)
QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Sep 17 2011, 01:51 PM)

http://i.imgur.com/CAZEh.jpg

Ignoring the fricking plagerism, how the hell did you do that

with SCIENCE icon_alienjig.gif

QUOTE (Can-Utility @ Sep 17 2011, 04:51 PM)
I'm 12 and what is plagiarism

Plagiarism is creative theft.

In other words, it's a crime.

High school teachers will be all over you for it, just you wait. wacko.gif And it's about a million times as serious in college.

Nate,

I would take the advice of the above people and drop the first piece. It's just safer.

And "writing your ass off" is only achieved when you take on NaNoWriMo. Just sayin'. wink.gif

I like the visual imagery in the second piece; I really do. You've got something solid going on right there. Personally I think you could focus solely on the nature/narrator aspect and leave out the girl, but that's just me. Or leave it as a neutral observer; really entwine her into the setting. If you've ever read The Scarlet Letter it's a great reference. Maybe see how the author compares Pearl (the MC's daughter) to nature. It's not a poem but writing in general. Not my favourite book but I liked the analogies. (:

Good luck! Write on!

Edited by CMWriter

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Sep 17 2011, 10:00 PM)

High school teachers will be all over you for it, just you wait. wacko.gif And it's about a million times as serious in college.

Nate,

I would take the advice of the above people and drop the first piece. It's just safer.

And "writing your ass off" is only achieved when you take on NaNoWriMo. Just sayin'. wink.gif

I like the visual imagery in the second piece; I really do. You've got something solid going on right there. Personally I think you could focus solely on the nature/narrator aspect and leave out the girl, but that's just me. Or leave it as a neutral observer; really entwine her into the setting. If you've ever read The Scarlet Letter it's a great reference. Maybe see how the author compares Pearl (the MC's daughter) to nature. It's not a poem but writing in general. Not my favourite book but I liked the analogies. (:

Good luck! Write on!

It's like identity theft combined with the death penalty.

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Sep 17 2011, 11:10 PM)

Nate,

Good luck! Write on!

End the discussion on plagerism please, I feel horrible about everyone putting me down.

QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Sep 18 2011, 10:20 AM)
QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Sep 17 2011, 11:10 PM)

Nate,

Good luck! Write on!

End the discussion on plagerism please, I feel horrible about everyone putting me down.

Don't worry about it. You're still learning.

The Falling

The stream has brought me into the highest meaning

And has come once again into being

The march has come colder than invited

And the ether rises loftily into once never been sighted

The doves slowly singing their song on the bare oak branches

With the fate of the earth echoing with midnight chants

Ever so gently the falls begin the pouring

And ever so quietly begin the soaring

Spring comes gliding into nothing

And the forge ever glowing into scathing

I'm still writing it