2011 NFL Season thread

laughedatbytime

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Dec 18 2011, 07:32 PM)
Looks like they could be playoff bound. 9-5 with two games left and a two game lead on Sea, Ariz, NYG, and Chi. (Maybe they're already in, I'm not up on all of the tiebreakers.

Right now, the Falcons (9-5) are the 5th Seed, with the Lions being the 6th Seed (9-5) as the Falcons beat the Lions this year.

The Lions will be desperate for a win on January 1st, so that game at Lambeau will be rather....umm....."heated"..... ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, haven't clinched. (All of these are based on ties at 9-7 which is the only way they could be tied. If they tie with the Bears, they'll lose the tiebreaker. If they're tied with the Cardinals, they'll lose the tiebreaker. If they're tied with the Seahawks, they'll lose the tiebreaker. If the Falcons or Cowboys make it in the ties, then all bets are off as it gets to a tiebreaker which would require more calculating than I'm prepared to do (record vs common opponents, min of 4).

Also, I could be wrong as I haven't looked any of this up in about 11 months. Being a Dolphin fan, it hasn't mattered. sad.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Dec 18 2011, 06:50 PM)
QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Dec 18 2011, 07:32 PM)
Looks like they could be playoff bound.  9-5 with two games left and a two game lead on Sea, Ariz, NYG, and Chi.  (Maybe they're already in, I'm not up on all of the tiebreakers.

Right now, the Falcons (9-5) are the 5th Seed, with the Lions being the 6th Seed (9-5) as the Falcons beat the Lions this year.

The Lions will be desperate for a win on January 1st, so that game at Lambeau will be rather....umm....."heated"..... ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

There's at least a decent chance it won't matter as the outcomes of the other games having a bearing on the WC will be decided by then.

The Eagles are still alive.

If:

they beat Dallas and Washington

And:

the Giants lose to the Jets and beat Dallas

The Eagles will win the division.

This is NOT farfetched in my opinion, each of these four things have a decent chance of happening; in fact, I would put the probability of each at 50% or greater.

On some of the post game shows, they mentioned that Peyton Manning will not play in either of the two final games of the season. What's maddening is that they seemed to indicate that they would have thrown him out there if they felt he gave them the best chance to win either of the two final games, since they wanted no part of being part of history with an 0-16 season. If I was Peyton, I would have seriously considered giving Polian the big FU, risking further injury because your mgmt didn't want to get their pride hurt.

I know Peyton was extremely frustrated not to go after 14-0 a couple of years back. It was Polian (since Caldwell has no power in the organization) who made the decision. Now he wants (or wanted) Peyton to go back in there to avoid HIS embarrassment.

If I was Peyton, I'd want out at this point. This is a sickening way to treat someone who has been the franchise for more than a decade. I've always read a lot of negative opinion in the football press. Now I know why...and I completely agree.

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Dec 18 2011, 08:56 PM)
On some of the post game shows, they mentioned that Peyton Manning will not play in either of the two final games of the season. What's maddening is that they seemed to indicate that they would have thrown him out there if they felt he gave them the best chance to win either of the two final games, since they wanted no part of being part of history with an 0-16 season. If I was Peyton, I would have seriously considered giving Polian the big FU, risking further injury because your mgmt didn't want to get their pride hurt.

I know Peyton was extremely frustrated not to go after 14-0 a couple of years back. It was Polian (since Caldwell has no power in the organization) who made the decision. Now he wants (or wanted) Peyton to go back in there to avoid HIS embarrassment.

If I was Peyton, I'd want out at this point. This is a sickening way to treat someone who has been the franchise for more than a decade. I've always read a lot of negative opinion in the football press. Now I know why...and I completely agree.

No one wants to be in there more than Peyton, who, believe me, would never go out there if he wasn't ready. If Peyton says "I'm ready" they'd play him and if he said "I'm not ready" they'd listen to that too. No one was ever going to make him play.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Dec 18 2011, 10:32 PM)
Chargers sure are putting it to Baltimore tonight.

banghead.gif stupid Charger will squeak into the playoff get blown out in the first round which will be just enough to keep Norv Turder in SD - 062802puke_prv.gif

The Chargers were incredible tonight. Rivers didn't even blink in the face of the Ravens' pass rush. It'll be interesting to see if he can maintain that sort of composure against Suh and company at Ford Field next week.

This was a nice result for THE SAINTS as Pittsburgh will play Big Ben now in an effort to take the 49ers to the cleaners and establish a stranglehold on the AFC east, in the process confirming THE SAINTS as the number 2 seed in the NFC. common001.gif

Edit: AFC north I meant...who can remember these AFC divisions anyway, does anybody care about them?? confused13.gif

Edited by treeduck

QUOTE (Cyclonus X-1 @ Dec 18 2011, 11:21 PM)
The Chargers were incredible tonight. Rivers didn't even blink in the face of the Ravens' pass rush. It'll be interesting to see if he can maintain that sort of composure against Suh and company at Ford Field next week.

Indeed.

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Dec 20 2011, 12:22 AM)
Nice punt...57 yds...-10 yd return, and a block in the back.  laugh.gif

The Shitsburgh Soft-Turd Squeezers have let THE SAINTS down tonight and disgraced the AFC...

angry.gif

Edited by treeduck

QUOTE (treeduck @ Dec 20 2011, 12:14 AM)
The Squealers have put the shit in Shitsburgh tonight...

What happened to the AFC powerhouses this week? The Ravens? The Texans? The Tebows? And now Big Ben and co? confused13.gif

The Chiefs sure stepped up facepalm.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Dec 20 2011, 09:28 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Dec 20 2011, 12:14 AM)
The Squealers have put the shit in Shitsburgh tonight...

What happened to the AFC powerhouses this week? The Ravens? The Texans? The Tebows? And now Big Ben and co?  confused13.gif

The Chiefs sure stepped up facepalm.gif

I don't knock the Pack for the one loss, it's 99.89999% inevitable that a team loses eventually in the regular season...

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Dec 20 2011, 04:27 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Dec 20 2011, 12:25 PM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Dec 20 2011, 12:04 AM)
49ers D just hammering Big Ben tonight.... yes.gif

They're a STAR QB away from being frightening.

Nah...

Yeah I think the 49ers hype train is rolling again full steam ahead. Last week they got owned by the Cards...

Edited by treeduck