2011 NFL Season thread

laughedatbytime

well, it might have been a pretty good half by Chicago, Al, but in the final analysis they're down 11. If, as Herm Edwards says, you play to win the game, the Bears are 11 pts further away from that goal than they were to begin the game...so if you were a Bear fan, you can't be too pleased unless the goal was to avoid complete embarrassment.

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Dec 25 2011, 09:49 PM)
well, it might have been a pretty good half by Chicago, Al, but in the final analysis they're down 11. If, as Herm Edwards says, you play to win the game, the Bears are 11 pts further away from that goal than they were to begin the game...so if you were a Bear fan, you can't be too pleased unless the goal was to avoid complete embarrassment.

The Bears are playing a good game against the Pack, but it comes down to this: you can't win if you don't score...

And the Atlanta Falcons can start making playoff preparations.

The Pack has raised the back shoulder throw to an art form. How do you stop that?

QUOTE (treeduck @ Dec 25 2011, 09:17 PM)
Discount Doublecheck is playing like a dancer tonight!

cat.gif

Tap dancing all over da Bears to the tune of 283 yards and 5 TD's.... yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif

Peterson out 8-9 months with a torn ACL and MCL.

He may be back then, but will he be the same back? I think that's the bigger question. He's already carried the ball enough in his career (and carries it with a style that subjects him to a lot of punishment) so just from a "use" perspective he may be close to being on the downside, and now this.

I don't know if he'll ever be an elite level back again (though you could make the argument that that hasn't been the case for a couple of years).

I'm interested to see what will happen if/when the Saints play the Niners. In NO, the Saints would be pretty heavy favorites, but away from the dome the Saints haven't exactly been a juggernaut.

It would also be interesting to know who Packer fans would rather play, the Niners or the Saints, given what the weather is likely to be three weekends from now. If the Niners got behind by 10 pts it would be game over, but it would be a very intriguing matchup to see the Niner D vs the Packer offense.

Oops, wrong thread.

Edited by laughedatbytime

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Dec 27 2011, 02:18 PM)
I'm interested to see what will happen if/when the Saints play the Niners. In NO, the Saints would be pretty heavy favorites, but away from the dome the Saints haven't exactly been a juggernaut.

It would also be interesting to know who Packer fans would rather play, the Niners or the Saints, given what the weather is likely to be three weekends from now. If the Niners got behind by 10 pts it would be game over, but it would be a very intriguing matchup to see the Niner D vs the Packer offense.

Oops, wrong thread.

No it's the right thread as THE SAINTS will dominate this thread once the play-offs start!

1287.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Dec 27 2011, 02:42 PM)
Any Pro Bowl predictions? Anybody see any surprise selections? trink36.gif

To be honest, with the exception of some of the skill positions, I really have no idea. I guess because I split my time watching Dolphin games (no pro bowlers on that team, although they made a few opponents look like Pro Bowlers smile.gif ) and the Red Zone channel, I have no feel for who should be in or out.

This probably puts me in the majority of people who vote, but at least I admit it. smile.gif

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Dec 27 2011, 04:42 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Dec 27 2011, 02:42 PM)
Any Pro Bowl predictions? Anybody see any surprise selections?  trink36.gif

To be honest, with the exception of some of the skill positions, I really have no idea. I guess because I split my time watching Dolphin games (no pro bowlers on that team, although they made a few opponents look like Pro Bowlers smile.gif ) and the Red Zone channel, I have no feel for who should be in or out.

This probably puts me in the majority of people who vote, but at least I admit it. smile.gif

Well if you'd just visited NFL.com over the last few weeks and gone to the pro bowl voting section, you could have just looked at the players stats...

wink.gif