The Star Wars trivia game

Sark

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Mar 2 2008, 09:51 AM)
QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Mar 1 2008, 10:27 PM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Mar 1 2008, 08:35 PM)
I was PMd that the answer was correct so
the next question is:

Which alien species that did not originate in the Star Wars universe can be seen in the Galactic Senate?

I feel like the predator was there but I could be wrong.

I honestly wasn;t sure if predators were in there. I ran a quick search and couln't find anything on it.

This isn't the alien you're looking for.

Move along.

Your right. I looked it up. I won't answer cause I cheated.

QUOTE (Sark @ Mar 3 2008, 11:45 AM)
I think that was the E.T. alien?

Correct although I don't know their official name they are in it. Interestingly, if you remember the E.T. movie during the trick or treat part E.T. walks by a "yoda" and tries to stop and hang out as if he recognized the species. So, George paid homage to Steve's homage to George.

How about a two-parter?

Name the Ewok medicine man and the actor that played him.

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Mar 21 2008, 03:52 PM)
QUOTE (Sark @ Mar 21 2008, 10:45 AM)
Wow! Nobody's making an attempt at this one?

Well I could google it and tell you but that would be cheating. As it is I have no idea what the answer is.

How is that cheating?

Most of my answers are from going on the Star Wars Databank or watching the films...

By the way, is it Logray?

Edited by Mandalorian Hunter

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Mar 21 2008, 05:02 PM)
I thought we were supposed to know it not find it.

How on earth does one know all the bounty hunter names in Episode V, seeing as their names aren't spoken on screen? Ok, bad example, because I'd read the Bounty Hunter books.

Seriously though, if you were doing a history essay, you'd research to answer the question, same with this; just research to answer the question. Google is probably against the spirit of the game, but I can't see how going onto starwars.com and having a look is bad.

If I actually remembered everything I'd read and seen about Star Wars, my head would explode...twice.

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Mar 21 2008, 01:09 PM)

How on earth does one know all the bounty hunter names in Episode V, seeing as their names aren't spoken on screen? Ok, bad example, because I'd read the Bounty Hunter books.

Seriously though, if you were doing a history essay, you'd research to answer the question, same with this; just research to answer the question. Google is probably against the spirit of the game, but I can't see how going onto starwars.com and having a look is bad.

If I actually remembered everything I'd read and seen about Star Wars, my head would explode...twice.

Settle down. I didn't say using Google was a bad thing but using the internet you could have the answer to just about anything in a matter of minutes and I didn't think that was fair play. I like Star Wars but I haven't read all the books and am not nearly as fanatical about it as other people and I didn't want to crash the party by Googling all the answers. I just read to see if there are any questions I do know the answer to. biggrin.gif

And all this time I thought you guys were all Star Wars experts.

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Mar 21 2008, 05:59 PM)

Settle down. I didn't say using Google was a bad thing but using the internet you could have the answer to just about anything in a matter of minutes and I didn't think that was fair play. I like Star Wars but I haven't read all the books and am not nearly as fanatical about it as other people and I didn't want to crash the party by Googling all the answers. I just read to see if there are any questions I do know the answer to. biggrin.gif

How is using the internet not fair play? Like I said, going onto starwars.com and going onto the databank is well within the spirit of the game, and half of the questions in this thread need research; whether that's going onto the databank, re-reading a book or watching a certain chapter of the required film, so be it. You can't cheat if there aren't rules.

"And all this time I thought you guys were all Star Wars experts" - Firstly, don't take my comments and apply them to everyone here, and two, How do people settle down with foolish comments like this?

Oh, and congratulations on crashing the party trink39.gif

Edited by Mandalorian Hunter

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Mar 21 2008, 02:23 PM)

How is using the internet not fair play? Like I said, going onto starwars.com and going onto the databank is well within the spirit of the game, and half of the questions in this thread need research; whether that's going onto the databank, re-reading a book or watching a certain chapter of the required film, so be it. You can't cheat if there aren't rules.

"And all this time I thought you guys were all Star Wars experts" - Firstly, don't take my comments and apply them to everyone here, and two, How do people settle down with foolish comments like this?

Whoa......how did we get here......

I was just stating why I wasn't using google. I was not aware that you were all doing research. I was under the impression that everyone in here were just really big star wars fans.

The experts comment was a joke, so lighten up!

Are you this excitable all the time?

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Mar 21 2008, 06:37 PM)

I was just stating why I wasn't using google. I was not aware that you were all doing research. I was under the impression that everyone in here were just really big star wars fans.

Yeah, it has spiralled abit laugh.gif

It sounded like you were getting high and mighty and those of us who use the databank etc. Clearly you weren't, so i apologise for my outbursts.

And yeah, I do get excitable from time to time. Stops me getting like it in real life.

Oh, and don't worry about using website's to 'crash the party'. The more regular posters here the better!

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Mar 21 2008, 02:40 PM)
QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Mar 21 2008, 06:37 PM)

Yeah, it has spiralled abit laugh.gif

It sounded like you were getting high and mighty and those of us who use the databank etc. Clearly you weren't, so i apologise for my outbursts.

And yeah, I do get excitable from time to time. Stops me getting like it in real life.

Oh, and don't worry about using website's to 'crash the party'. The more regular posters here the better!

trink39.gif

I apologize as well if any of my posts came off wrong. It was not my intention.

It's all good trink39.gif

If you are my age (35) and collected the figures back in the 80's, how could you NOT know the bounty hunters' names? I can't remember what I had for supper last night, but I can still remember all of the secondary characters for episodes IV-VI and all the GI JOE characters (and their specialties) from the '80s. Whats up with that?

George Lucas wanted to get his friend Stephen Speilberg to direct "The Empire Strikes Back" before the job went to Irvin Kershner.

What were the circumstances that prevented Lucas from hiring Speilberg as director of TESB?

Hint: Answer available on "The Empire of Dreams" documentary available on the Special Edition box set that came out in 2004

Edited by The Owl

He was kicked out of the director's guild for refusing to change the credits.

QUOTE (Sark @ May 5 2008, 04:38 AM)
He was kicked out of the director's guild for refusing to change the credits.

Correct!!

It was the issue of not following the Guild's rule of putting credits at the BEGINNING of the film. And because of this Lucas left the Director's Guild, and therfore could not use Speilberg who remained a Guild member.

you are up.

Name Lando's co-pilot during the Death Star battle in ROTJ.