Paul McCartney

ReRushed

I'm still buzzing from Paul McCartney's Saturday night Yankee Stadium concert. I'm a Beatles fanatic and this was, believe it or not, my first time experiencing an actual Beatle in concert. I gotta tell ya, it was amazing. Paul McCartney is pushing 70 years old and he put on one of the best concerts I've ever attended. I truly believe the man is a world treasure. He balanced the set-list brilliantly. Goofy, hard, pop, throwaway - he did it all. He knows how to work a crowd. The band was tight and, pretty much, flawless. I'm still beaming.

It's a short tour, but if you get a chance to attend - DO IT!

Macca live is always a blast - I'm happy for you that you made it to see the Sir perform.

I saw him many times on the 'Flowers In The Dirt' and the 'Off The Ground' Tours and I hope to see him, in the near future, with the actual band.

QUOTE (greyfriar @ Jul 19 2011, 01:51 AM)
Macca live is always a blast - I'm happy for you that you made it to see the Sir perform.
I saw him many times on the 'Flowers In The Dirt' and the 'Off The Ground' Tours and I hope to see him, in the near future, with the actual band.

I'm kicking myself for all the missed opportunities to see him.

Saw the the Off The Ground tour and the Driving Rain tour and the thing I remember most about the first time I saw him (OTG, April 1993) was that I got very, very emotional when he started doing the Beatles songs. I grew up a hardcore Beatles guy and it was like having my life sung back at me cuz each song evoked a certain memory. And the memories went back to the Sullivan show when I saw them at age 7 in Feb. of '64 so it was a deep well to draw from.

He is very, very good in concert and I am gald you got the chance to see him. If and when he returns to my area of the country I WILL go. Period. End of discussion.

I saw him at citi field a few years ago. Unreal that at his age he still kicks ass. His band was perfect that night as well. I hope I get another chance to see him before he packs it in.