I Just Got Some Gut Wrenching News

Tick

I just got an image of a scrappy little fighter girl...stoopid cancer cant keep her down!

Stay strong, be there...dont ask what you can do, just do. Bring a dish, or grill a meal. Take their other children to their appts or playdates or what have you. Dont be invasive, just be there at the moment they are thinking..."how will we manage all this?"

Sending love and positive thoughts hon...praying for the best!

I so feel for your daughter's friend and how scared she must be feeling. Sending out all good wishes for her, and strength for you guys in her support network.

My father lost his battle with bone cancer about 20 years ago, but he survived much longer than they gave him hope to, and was able to see milestones like my niece being born and as a toddler. Here's hoping that in the 20 years since then, they've made advances that can give this little girl what she needs to beat it.

So sorry to hear about your friend's daughter.

Cancer is just a despicable disease.It attacks good decent people

95% of the time..if not more.All you can do is be

there for them, and pray for healing, if your so

inclined...thats all you can really do. It's such a

painful hopeless feeling to not be able do anything more for them.

I know what your goin' thru. My dad and both my grandfathers

died of cancer.Just stay strong for them, and give them

as much comfort as you can..I'll pray for them.Take care.

Edited by go2wrk@95974

Thank you for all the positive thoughts. I hope in the months ahead I can help my friends in any way they need it. My daughter is being very positive and upbeat about the whole thing believing with all her heart, Casey will make it through this.

Holy Shit . I am so sorry . If you need anything let me know.

Prayers for all involved. sad.gif

But yes, there's great success with curing childhood osteosarcoma, especially when caught early - and often it's discovered exactly as you described. The treatments are hell, and I hate to think of an eleven-year-old going through that. But hey, if they save her life and her leg, well worth it.

Tick, I have just now found this thread and I am incredibly sorry to read of this news. You are a strong guy and I know that you will provide the much needed love and support to all those around you who need it most. I do not know Casey or your friends but I know that this cancer can and will be beaten - Love to all. hug2.gif

Tick, I have just now found this thread and I am incredibly sorry to read of this news. You are a strong guy and I know that you will provide the much needed love and support to all those around you who need it most. I do not know Casey or your friends but I know that this cancer can and will be beaten - Love to all. hug2.gif