Let There Be Rock

Enemy Within 77

one of Bon Scott's many gifts was that he was versatile

from angry ballbreaker to comic dandy - sleazy womanizer to commiserating bluesman (sometimes all in the same song wink.gif )

Brian Johnson is one-dimensional by comparison

and yes, that one dimension is awesome when used to its fullest potential (FTATR, Hell's Bells, Back In Black, Nervous Shakedown)

with extremely rare exception, there isn't a Johnson-era AC/DC song that wouldn't be improved by replacement with a Bon Scott vocal

NECKTIES!!!

Brillant film! I remember going to the theaters in 1982 to see it, where they had huge speakers blasting. Started the whole hard rock/metal thing for me. Thrilled to have on DVD now. AC/DC at their very best!!!

Sorry Flick Of The Itch guys!

I listened to the record tonight. As it is heavy and rocks hard the album started to irritate me half way through.

I think the Bon Scott stuff is not all the same shit like most think. It RULES!

However when I listen to the Brian Johnson stuff minus "Back In Black" it truly is all the same.

The album rocks, yet it rocks me to sleep.

schla03.gif

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 18 2011, 12:46 AM)
Sorry Flick Of The Itch guys!

I listened to the record tonight. As it is heavy and rocks hard the album started to irritate me half way through.

I think the Bon Scott stuff is not all the same shit like most think. It RULES!

However when I listen to the Brian Johnson stuff minus "Back In Black" it truly is all the same.

The album rocks, yet it rocks me to sleep.

schla03.gif

this yes.gif

Bon was a childhood hero of mine and the only thing that upset me more than his death was finding out brian johnson was to replace him.

I bought back in black in the vain hope that johnson might step up and fill bons very big shoes but no.gif

Count me as another who saw this film back in 1981 or 82 when it was releasted. Great show!

I like the Back in Black album and the title track to FTATR is my favorite Brian Johnson song, but IMO the Bon stuff was much better and more consistent. I believe that Highway to Hell was their peak but a lot of the other earlier albums were great as well.

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Jun 18 2011, 01:42 PM)
To me Bon era IS AC/DC! I like Brian too - I just consider it to be an almost different band. Let There Be Rock, Powerage and Highway To Hell are the best rock and roll albums ever made! Let's not forget what brilliant lyrics Bon wrote too. 1022.gif

Wow! Well said.

Not bad for a guy who loves "Flick Of The Switch."

I'm going to write a song for Bon tonight called "Lick Of The Bitch."

Signed,

Weird Al Yankovic

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 20 2011, 12:32 AM)
To me Bon era IS AC/DC! I like Brian too - I just consider it to be an almost different band. Let There Be Rock, Powerage and Highway To Hell are the best rock and roll albums ever made! Let's not forget what brilliant lyrics Bon wrote too. 1022.gif

Wow! Well said.

Signed,

Weird Al Yankovic

As much as I love Flick, nothing can touch the Bon albums. Not a bad one in the bunch. 1022.gif

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Jun 19 2011, 10:46 PM)

Wow! Well said.

Signed,

Weird Al Yankovic

As much as I love Flick, nothing can touch the Bon albums. Not a bad one in the bunch. 1022.gif

Cheers you bad mutha! YOU ROCK!

Bon was as genius. Brian Johnson is a "penis."

Did that rhyme?

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 20 2011, 01:06 AM)

Wow! Well said.

Signed,

Weird Al Yankovic

Did that rhyme?

trink39.gif Nice rhyme rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Jun 19 2011, 11:11 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 20 2011, 01:06 AM)

Wow! Well said.

Signed,

Weird Al Yankovic

Did that rhyme?

trink39.gif Nice rhyme rofl3.gif

laugh.gif

Cheers buddy!!

Off to bed for my daughter's early soccer tourney tomorrow.

They won the first two games this weekend.

If they win this morning we play in the semi finals. If they win then game 5 on Tuesday. If they win off to Idaho.

Crazy shit!

I da ho? You da ho!

"I'm A Ho."

Signed,

Whodini

Damn that's stretching it. Rap on an AC/DC Thread. Damn.

Yep, I saw "Let There Be Rock" in Washington, DC on it's original run. I do also have a very well preserved VHS original that hasn't been played many times. I made a good VHS copy for myself so I can watch it any time I want. (Yes, that means I have a working VHS player in good condition. old.gif )

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Jun 17 2011, 09:02 AM)
one of Bon Scott's many gifts was that he was versatile

from angry ballbreaker to comic dandy - sleazy womanizer to commiserating bluesman (sometimes all in the same song wink.gif )

Brian Johnson is one-dimensional by comparison

and yes, that one dimension is awesome when used to its fullest potential (FTATR, Hell's Bells, Back In Black, Nervous Shakedown)

with extremely rare exception, there isn't a Johnson-era AC/DC song that wouldn't be improved by replacement with a Bon Scott vocal

NECKTIES!!!

goodpost.gif