What's your favorite meme?

Ancient Ways

16 hours ago, BastillePark said:

7IdzvQt.jpg

She should changer her (sorry to presume her pronouns) to Sand to reflect where her head is buried.

Funny how they never choose to ease the loneliness of senior citizens in nursing homes by reading to them.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, laughedatbytime said:

She should changer her (sorry to presume her pronouns) to Sand to reflect where her head is buried.

Funny how they never choose to ease the loneliness of senior citizens in nursing homes by reading to them.

A brief search reveled this. Drag Queens and Seniors of the old kind. Maybe reading to kids is more headline grabbing since that's what most "news" is.  

11 minutes ago, BastillePark said:

A brief search reveled this. Drag Queens and Seniors of the old kind. Maybe reading to kids is more headline grabbing since that's what most "news" is.  

No one has a problem with this.   And no one said these never occurred.  And yes, this isn't going to grab attention the way "drag queen story hours" do.   But this type of rare occurrence does not offset the many more cases where drag queens attempt to sexualize young kids.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, laughedatbytime said:

No one has a problem with this.   And no one said these never occurred.  And yes, this isn't going to grab attention the way "drag queen story hours" do.   But this type of rare occurrence does not offset the many more cases where drag queens attempt to sexualize young kids.

Agreed but I think that a lot of what people who say is "sexualizing" is simply reading to kids. If they're reading age inappropriate material or doing other inappropriate things they should be called out and the parents are the ones that should be held responsible. 

19 minutes ago, BastillePark said:

Agreed but I think that a lot of what people who say is "sexualizing" is simply reading to kids. If they're reading age inappropriate material or doing other inappropriate things they should be called out and the parents are the ones that should be held responsible. 

Sure, some drag queen story hours are more odious than others, although it would be interesting to know what books are being read.    But they all (or virtually all, with enough Googling you might be able to find an extremely rare case where it wasn't true, which doesn't obviate the point) involve men dressed in sexualized costumes around elementary age or younger kids.    If they're really interested in children's literacy (which strains credulity), why the need for the costumes?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, laughedatbytime said:

Sure, some drag queen story hours are more odious than others, although it would be interesting to know what books are being read.    But they all (or virtually all, with enough Googling you might be able to find an extremely rare case where it wasn't true, which doesn't obviate the point) involve men dressed in sexualized costumes around elementary age or younger kids.    If they're really interested in children's literacy (which strains credulity), why the need for the costumes?

I'd hope the books would be age appropriate but now days you might get in trouble for reading Dr Seuss. I haven't seen a lot of pictures from those but the one's I have seen didn't look like anything more than a flamboyantly dressed person. There may be some that dress provocatively but I've not seen those. I have seen video of an event that took place not at a library and some of the drag people were dressed skimpily and there were children present but that's much different than the library story time events.

21 hours ago, BastillePark said:

jVtvsy3l.jpg

Didn't 73 say no more politics here?   Why do you think that doesn't apply to you?

P. S.   If you're going to go against the wishes of the administration of this place, you could at least post something that isn't such an obvious non sequitur which only further makes the claim of intellectual superiority you're feebly trying to make risible.

Edited by laughedatbytime

4 hours ago, laughedatbytime said:

Didn't 73 say no more politics here?   Why do you think that doesn't apply to you?

P. S.   If you're going to go against the wishes of the administration of this place, you could at least post something that isn't such an obvious non sequitur which only further makes the claim of intellectual superiority you're feebly trying to make risible.

My apologies. I guess I thought it was the discussion of politics.