Finding appreciation for songs..

Shirley

So, I didn't care much for 2nd half of Moving Pictures or Marathon before hearing them live... now, The Camera Eye and Marathon are among my faves. The lyrics to Marathon are beautiful!

What songs did you find appreciation for after hearing them live?

Edited by Shirley

The Way The Wind Blows

I don't enjoy listening to their famous stuff that much only because it is so much better live. What's funny is that it's better in the studio than on live recordings, but actually being there makes the famous songs a lot better.

I've only seen the Time Machine tour, to be fair, but most songs I was either expecting more from or they were on par to how I thought they would be--the only song I think I grew an appreciation for afterwards was Witch Hunt.

The Time Machine Tour really convinced me to take another look at Presto and Workin' Them Angels. I now enjoy the album Presto very much, including the title track. Besides Far Cry, I didn't find Snakes and Arrows very appealing. After hearing Workin' Them Angels, I really enjoy the song, and the album overall is slowly growing on me.

Just a little note though, the Time Machine Tour was the first time I saw the band.

I've liked "Working Them Angels" ever since it came out, but hearing it live on the last tour kind of reawakened my love of the song. IMO, it's the only song I want to hear from Snakes, asides from "Armor and Sword". I think I had a similar reaction when I heard "Witch Hunt" live in 2007, as it sounded more menacing than ever before.

On the other hand, I've never really been crazy about "Far Cry" in a live setting. I like it on the record, but live... eh, it just doesn't carry the same punch the album version does.