Scenes That Made You Cry

Tick

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The_Necromancer_77 @ Jul 28 2011, 02:03 AM)
God damn, the end of LoTR makes me cry like a pussy every single time.

You have my sword, and my bow, and my axe! biggrin.gif that scene was cool the second time, but I originally though the lines were: you have my soul, and my bow, and my ass!

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Jul 28 2011, 12:05 AM)
QUOTE (The_Necromancer_77 @ Jul 28 2011, 02:03 AM)
God damn, the end of LoTR makes me cry like a pussy every single time.

You have my sword, and my bow, and my axe! biggrin.gif that scene was cool the second time, but I originally though the lines were: you have my soul, and my bow, and my ass!

whoops i meant the return of the king! D:

ahaha now I'll never hear it the same again.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire... when Harry comes back with Cedric's body, and his father starts weeping hysterically. Oh, my god, so heartbreaking. Children dying. Parents mourning. ;~;

HP 5: The Order of the Phoenix... Sirius Black's death and Harry's reaction. Finally, the kid gets a father figure... and then two books later he's dead. Without even getting his innocence realized. And how Remus is holding him back from jumping in after Sirius.. oohh man. D:

I'm no angel to my characters but J.K. Rowling did a fine job of making Harry's life a living hell.

Also from that same movie, the final conversation between Harry and Dumbledore.

And of course the seventh movie, end of part 1 and throughout the second part, was a complete blubber-fest.

Pretty much because of, "Oh, by the way, Snape's a good guy.. sorry you didn't get to know until he died."

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Jul 28 2011, 08:18 AM)
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire... when Harry comes back with Cedric's body, and his father starts weeping hysterically. Oh, my god, so heartbreaking. Children dying. Parents mourning. ;~;

HP 5: The Order of the Phoenix... Sirius Black's death and Harry's reaction. Finally, the kid gets a father figure... and then two books later he's dead. Without even getting his innocence realized. And how Remus is holding him back from jumping in after Sirius.. oohh man. D:
I'm no angel to my characters but J.K. Rowling did a fine job of making Harry's life a living hell.
Also from that same movie, the final conversation between Harry and Dumbledore.

And of course the seventh movie, end of part 1 and throughout the second part, was a complete blubber-fest.
Pretty much because of, "Oh, by the way, Snape's a good guy.. sorry you didn't get to know until he died."

Oh man, in HP7 I literally couldn't stop crying when Voldemort said, "You've been such a good servant, Severus," or something like that. And then the flashback through his life; Snape was my favorite character.

Three that come to mind right away are:

Steel Magnolias, the scene in the cemetery has me balling my eyes out to laughing in a split second every time I see it.

Terms of Endearment, when she's saying good bye to her children in the hospital, just heart wrenching.

And Bridges of Madison County, the scene where Merrill Streep is in her car with her husband and they are behind Clint Eastwood's car and in that moment she has to decide if she should stay in the boring, safe, secure life with her husband or choose to run away with the love of her life to an exciting life she's only dreamed of. With her hand on the car door handle, her lover waiting in his car patiently, she chooses security and he drives away forever. I cry my eyes out every time. I feel her pain.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ May 19 2011, 01:50 PM)
QUOTE (briremo @ May 19 2011, 09:51 AM)
A Legue of Their Own - AT the end when they open the museum

I mentioned this movie earlier and yes, this is a touching scene, particularly when Dotty sees the picture of Jimmy Dugan (coach) and only then finds out he had died. Also, finding out a few others that had died over the years.

And of course when Dottie and her sister share an embrace since they had been sibling rivals throughout the course of the movie.

And the photo being taken of the "original Peaches" which slowly morphed into an old photo of them when they were starting the team.

Looking back at my posts, I must find something heartfelt in dysfunctional families whose relationships are fixed by whatever plot the movie has them in.

Also when the military guy comes in right before the game to have Jimmy deliver the message to Betty - that she just lost her husband in the war.

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Aug 3 2011, 04:55 PM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ May 19 2011, 01:50 PM)
QUOTE (briremo @ May 19 2011, 09:51 AM)
A Legue of Their Own - AT the end when they open the museum

I mentioned this movie earlier and yes, this is a touching scene, particularly when Dotty sees the picture of Jimmy Dugan (coach) and only then finds out he had died. Also, finding out a few others that had died over the years.

And of course when Dottie and her sister share an embrace since they had been sibling rivals throughout the course of the movie.

And the photo being taken of the "original Peaches" which slowly morphed into an old photo of them when they were starting the team.

Looking back at my posts, I must find something heartfelt in dysfunctional families whose relationships are fixed by whatever plot the movie has them in.

Also when the military guy comes in right before the game to have Jimmy deliver the message to Betty - that she just lost her husband in the war.

yep. sad.gif

Ultimately, the biggest tearjerk movie for me was the ending to "October Sky". It never fails and because of that, I watch that movie by myself. I cry alone.