Rush - Dublin,Irl

sanzo

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote=Cosy Toes,May 13 2011, 11:33 PM

On the positive side, Alex looked well into it - even if his guitar work is very Milli Vanilli

Milli Vanilli? Are you suggesting that Alex is miming his guitar parts?

Given your musical expertise and guitar playing prowess, I would be most interested to read your detailed assessment of the "mimed" bits?

Please enlighten me Ms Toes...

Oh, Alex is playing guitar, but he isn't playing all the guitars, if you get my drift.

No, I don't get your "drift" sweetie, but I get your retreat. I'll ask you again, where is Alex Lifeson miming, which songs? Which parts?

Presto, acoustic part gets played by invisble guitarist under electric bits.

If you watch the video where Alex explains his gear he has two jack outputs one which is for a pizo (spelling) which Alex explains gives him an acoustic guitar sound which he can blend in with his electric sound which comes from the standard jack output.

QUOTE (Tony R @ May 12 2011, 11:11 AM)
Cosy Toes knows:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v308/BaldiePete/cf726989.jpg

I hope that t-shirt gets him sticks glocked...

Oh man, I think you were one of the dudes who helped my friend and I with the tram! We were so lost and confused in Dublin... thankfully we got out of Dublin and spent our remaining days in Donegal Town and Crolly (excellent!!). Everyone we met at the show (or encountered) was super nice, but we're country girls and Dublin was too much like home.

Amazing show, just amazing. I took photos with my iPod, but they're kind of crappy. I may try to sneak my tiny camera in for the New Orleans show.

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ May 18 2011, 09:07 AM)
[quote=Cosy Toes,May 13 2011, 11:33 PM

On the positive side, Alex looked well into it - even if his guitar work is very Milli Vanilli

Milli Vanilli? Are you suggesting that Alex is miming his guitar parts?
Given your musical expertise and guitar playing prowess, I would be most interested to read your detailed assessment of the "mimed" bits?

Please enlighten me Ms Toes...

Oh, Alex is playing guitar, but he isn't playing all the guitars, if you get my drift.

No, I don't get your "drift" sweetie, but I get your retreat. I'll ask you again, where is Alex Lifeson miming, which songs? Which parts?

OK Far Cry for one. Double tracked guitar part plays, and the "Hemispheres" chord gets played by the drummer.

Presto, acoustic part gets played by invisble guitarist under electric bits.

Working them Angels has a double tracked Bouzouki bit.

And don't get me started on the invisible Keyboard player on TCE...

Well ok, Dozy Mo, it would appear that not only are you a hater (for whatever reason) you're also not particularly bright and/or clued up are you?

There is a "strange device" on lots of new fangled guitars (you know those bits of wood that Alex holds during gigs?) called piezo pickups. They take the vibration of the strings from the bridge and turn them into (Presto) acoustic sounds! I've used one of these magical things for years and I swear by them... they work really well!

As regards keys, they're triggered via MIDI in real time. Thats "Musical Instrument Digital Interface" to you. Invented by an American guy back in the 80's.

This "wondrous" new technology allows the band to trigger (engage) the keyboard sounds that were recorded in the studio, so as to allow us (the audience) to both hear and experience a live performance WITH the authentic keyboard sounds.

In order to accomplish this feat is an art in itself.

If indeed, you have a problem with the concert you attended, I can only suggest that you contact The Rush Quality Assurance Department

So, after having your 15 minutes of fame whilst making a complete and utter tool of yourself, will you please take your cosy and multi-colored toes and (with respect), eff off?

Thanks!

QUOTE (Terrapin @ May 20 2011, 02:03 AM)
This "wondrous" new technology allows the band to trigger (engage) the keyboard sounds that were recorded in the studio, so as to allow us (the audience) to both hear and experience a live performance WITH the authentic keyboard sounds.

Well whoop do fecking do, they can press a little button and we get to hear non live sounds in a live concert. Authentic sounds not being played live in a LIVE show. Well strike me down, as I live and breathe, what artistic integrity. Makes you wonder what other thing could be being triggere doesn't it? Rhythm guitar parts,"Hemispheres" Chords, Geddy Choirs, Between song banter (so that's why it's always the same) etc. etc.

Right then feller, I push a little switch and a light comes on. What a fecking fantastic wrk of conceptual art. I pres another switch an music comes out of my radio. I'll do a fecking tour doing that, yous peeps would be wetting your pants over it I'll be bound.

KEEP FEEDING THE TROLL

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ May 20 2011, 10:54 AM)
QUOTE (Terrapin @ May 20 2011, 02:03 AM)

Well whoop do fecking do, they can press a little button and we get to hear non live sounds in a live concert. Authentic sounds not being played live in a LIVE show. Well strike me down, as I live and breathe, what artistic integrity. Makes you wonder what other thing could be being triggere doesn't it? Rhythm guitar parts,"Hemispheres" Chords, Geddy Choirs, Between song banter (so that's why it's always the same) etc. etc.

Right then feller, I push a little switch and a light comes on. What a fecking fantastic wrk of conceptual art. I pres another switch an music comes out of my radio. I'll do a fecking tour doing that, yous peeps would be wetting your pants over it I'll be bound.

KEEP FEEDING THE TROLL

Have 2.gif not used triggers since '76/'77?? Are taurus pedals not triggers? Just wondered with you being an "old" 2.gif fan wink.gif

QUOTE (Sarge @ May 20 2011, 10:33 AM)
Have  2.gif not used triggers since '76/'77?? Are taurus pedals not triggers? Just wondered with you being an "old"  2.gif fan  wink.gif

Moog Taurus bass pedals are a bona fide musical instrument, being a synthesiser played with the feet; this is acceptable.

However I do believe - and I can stand being corrected - that they can be use to trigger samples; this is unacceptable.

If only Rush would have employed a touring keyboard/guitar player, then they could have kept their integrity intact.

Once again, there is no art in stamping on a trigger to set off a sample.

Edited by Cosy Toes

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ May 20 2011, 03:00 PM)
I have a picture Thesaurus at home and next to "artless bastard " is a picture of Mike Pinder. Fact.

I was thinking Tony Banks.

Ask Steve Hackett... wink.gif

QUOTE (Tony R @ May 20 2011, 01:50 PM)
Cosy, does that mean that Mellotron players are artless bastards too?

Yes. See Mike Pinder. See S. Wilson.

Now, now young man, you know full well that though a Mellotron is loaded with sampled sounds you make of them as you will - up to the 8 second limit (IIRC)

A prerecorded sample set off by a switch, trigger, or some piece of piss MIDI Marimba is some artless piece of wank - unless it is set off at the wrong time, when it becomes a juxtaposition of high art - and makes Big Nose Glee look really embarrassed.

Cosy Toes - Why the f**k do you waste your time on here slagging this band?? So f***ing what if they trigger samples with their feet !!

I dont know and dont care if if you have ever performed with a live band on stage - I have - many times and I can tell you that to coordinate what they do is a skill in itself.

I saw you at Sheffield - doing f***ing air keyboards in Subdivisions - didn't realise it was you at the time but I remember clearly thinking you looked a complete prick with your shit tshirt on.

If you dont like what this band are about these days dont f***ing waste a front row ticket that could have been used by someone who would have appreciated it - your seat was shit tho ! great view of the stage side mixing desk !! - Should have done your research.

QUOTE (Elnash23 @ May 21 2011, 09:56 AM)
Cosy Toes - Why the f**k do you waste your time on here slagging this band?? So f***ing what if they trigger samples with their feet !!

I dont know and dont care if if you have ever performed with a live band on stage - I have - many times and I can tell you that to coordinate what they do is a skill in itself.

I saw you at Sheffield - doing f***ing air keyboards in Subdivisions - didn't realise it was you at the time but I remember clearly thinking you looked a complete prick with your shit tshirt on.

If you dont like what this band are about these days dont f***ing waste a front row ticket that could have been used by someone who would have appreciated it - your seat was shit tho ! great view of the stage side mixing desk !! - Should have done your research.

Hell of a first post bud, hell of a first post, and you waited 6 whole months too!! I'd have shot my bolt a long time ago. You must be TRF's first Tantric member. Oo-er missus.

Again, lighten up Larry.

You're almost as bad as the guy threatening physical violence on old Cosy, I see he turned up last week after a long hiatus. It's the interwebz people, that's all.

Air-keyboards to Subdivisions!!! LOVE IT! Oh, for a picture of that! rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Elnash23 @ May 21 2011, 09:56 AM)

Hello smile.gif

I knew full well where my seat was when I bought my ticket, being a veteran of Sheffield Arena shows. Now why shouldn't I spend money on things I don't like? I spend enough on the wife and kid. It's my f***ing money.

If you had been watching closely, then you'd have seen me air-keyboarding in response to a friend, yes a friend in the row behind me. I bet your mam has never let you have a friend down in your basement.

Now Feck off and Die.

QUOTE (forpadydeplasterer @ May 19 2011, 08:44 PM)
rofl3.gif , you should do a double act with Nick from TNMS, better fun than laurel & Hardey! wink.gif Your a good old spud, I enjoy your wind ups. bekloppt.gif

Aw, bless smile.gif

Is it back to daddy's sock drawer now? tongue.gif

Wasn't interested in you sunshine - I was just pleased to be able to put a face to a tw** whose antagonistic and pointless posts have wound me up over the last few weeks.

I'll look out for you tomorrow night - you can tell me to f**k off and die to my face ....

QUOTE (Elnash23 @ May 21 2011, 03:27 PM)
Wasn't interested in you sunshine - I was just pleased to be able to put a face to a tw** whose antagonistic and pointless posts have wound me up over the last few weeks.

I'll look out for you tomorrow night - you can tell me to f**k off and die to my face ....

I would love to, but I won't be there. tongue.gif

Antagonistic and pointless eh? You wait six months to make a post, and then only do so to have a go at me? What a sad usless tosser you must be.

I've been making fun of Rush since 1976, and that was back when they were still good. Even Rush themselves don't take themselves too seriously. I'm a good friend of Neill's. So There. I'll just have to get a friend of mine to tell you to Feck off and Die, as it seems you cannot read.