Snowdog maybe coming to your town

tkotitan

Hello all, I am an on-and off lurker here at TRF. I am from VT but I am doing something interesting this year - I am travelling the USA on an extended road-camping trip for the whole summer. It's kindof like Dreamline, Ghost Rider, and Fly by Night all rolled into one. My trusty blue Jeep Cherokee, vanity plate SNOWDOG is my base of operations.

So I am asking people on here if they want to meet up. As an experienced Rush fan I find that all Rush fans I meet are solid, good people. I just turned 30, and though I hang at bars to socialize, I don't really drink any more, but I still play pool and tip for water. I am growing up and part of this journey is to stay positive, and let my spirit grow. Still, it is good to know people in a new town so I am not completely lost.

I am looking to find good camp spots, but I may also join a gym like bally's so I can go wherever I wander.

When do I start? I already have. I am in Atlantic City as I write this and my next stop is Virginia Beach tomorrow then NC. I want to stay near the ocean for a bit and then cut west through NC with a couple people I want to visit as I make my way to Asheville.

A bit about me, my name is Titan, I am a big dude, about 6'4, large framed and more heavy than I care to know, though I wear it well. This past winter my mom passed away at 55 from cancer and the long, cold, dark months had my soda addiction in full swing again. I don't like making excuses, I know a ton about health and have done everything right and felt amazing and I am looking to get in shape fast very soon. I am just kicking a cold with antibiotics this week and then next I will be ready to start hiking and eating right.

I guess people like me because I'm smart, but I am just as friendly. I don't think I'm better than anyone because I know things, I am more of a teacher. I taught Tae Kwon Do in my past life, head instructor at age 18 so I am a black belt. I worked for IBM as a software engineer out of college. Used to be more into games like DnD and MtG, but have outgrown them lately, and I rarely touch video games. I keep finding friends who play Settlers of Catan and I love that game. I am a semi-pro astrologer and know a lot about the subject, it is another hobby and interest of mine.

My only drug use is: sugar, caffeine, and alcohol, and I rarely drink. My plan is to avoid all of those and eat better very soon. I will be looking for good local organic produce on my journey. I grew up in VT around potheads so I am cool with it, but like my grampa I never smoked anything in my life and don't plan to.

This is a spiritual journey. It would be nice to find more cool spirits along the way. I will be hitting most of this country, so lemme know if you wanna hang out when I hit your town.

Right now, VA and NC are my targets.

I did see Rush last year in NY, not sure if I will be able to make any dates this year, it all depends, I may shoot for austin or new orleans.

It's late, so I may have forgotten some things, ask more questions!

If you're going to camp, try Ginnie Springs in the Town of High Springs, FL. Gorgeous. A little warm this time of year...

Have a great road trip! (: Sure to be a great thing. Be sure to get the best of local cuisine -- it's usually fairly healthy, too.

If you ever roll through Omaha, NE, let me know. There are a couple other TRFers from here, Beatrice, and Lincoln.

Oh, and there's a great, inexpensive campsite about 30 miles outside of Omaha. Two Rivers State Park. Beautiful view of the Platte and nice facilities. There's also Lake of Three Fires state park in southwestern Iowa.

Edited by CMWriter

QUOTE (CMWriter @ May 12 2011, 07:54 AM)
Have a great road trip! (: Sure to be a great thing. Be sure to get the best of local cuisine -- it's usually fairly healthy, too.

If you ever roll through Omaha, NE, let me know. There are a couple other TRFers from here, Beatrice, and Lincoln.

Oh, and there's a great, inexpensive campsite about 30 miles outside of Omaha. Two Rivers State Park. Beautiful view of the Platte and nice facilities. There's also Lake of Three Fires state park in southwestern Iowa.

I've camped there before. (Two Rivers) It is nice. (Bring lots of DEET.)

Edited by workingcinderellaman

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ May 12 2011, 09:18 AM)
QUOTE (CMWriter @ May 12 2011, 07:54 AM)

I've camped there before. (Two Rivers) It is nice. (Bring lots of DEET.)

You have? That's awesome! I love it because it's so close.

(Since it's so close to the city, if your tent is tangled and you can't get it undone, you can just drive over to the nearest Walmart and get a new one.. Not that my family ever had to do that.. huh.gif tongue.gif )

Agreed on the bug spray. But that goes for pretty much any of the nice state parks here, since they are by rivers.

Thanks for all the replies guys! I have a smarty-pants phone now so I don't always get the laptop out to write back on here, but I do check replies! TRF is very colorful and takes too long to load on the phone to use effectively.

I def want to hit st louis and austin, but will let people know when I get close. Not sure which way I will return, NY and New England are my stomping grounds that I have escaped!

Right now I am resting in High Point, NC getting my ducks in a row. Will check back in soon!

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ May 12 2011, 07:16 AM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ May 12 2011, 07:11 AM)
Camp in Moab, Utah. You won't regret it

If you're going to Utah, give me a PM and I can hook you up. So. Utah is the best.

You best do Moab UT alright, at that point you are just 3 hrs from here, Durango Co, Lot of good camping and lakes and fishing, from Boulder to here is just 6 hrs.... so if you are near Durango let me know... old.gif

Skully

If you're planning on hitting the Seattle area, give me a shout. I have 20 acres you can camp on biggrin.gif