Well this sucks...

zogoto

So I purchased a ticket to see Rush at Frankfurt, but I bought it at a point in time prior to moving to Berlin, when I didn't have an address. Simple solution, send it to my parent's and have them mail the ticket to me from the US.

No, apparently not. My mother, being the kind woman she is, decided to send a few extra things with my concert ticket (mainly Easter candy, I suspect). Well that's all fine and dandy, except now it's in a package rather than a letter, meaning it ended up in the hands of DHL. DHL failed to deliver my package to me first go around, and listed it as heading back to the States. Three weeks ago. Which would be fine, except USPS has no record of it reentering the states. Plethora of calls and emails later, my mother and I are more confused than before. Two people told me for sure that the package left Germany, while two told my Mom it's sitting in Saulheim. Via emails, they refuse to divulge any useful information, or give straight answers. Now I've filed an 'investigation', and who knows how long that will take.

Now, with the concert date quickly approaching I may have to accept that I bought a ticket, train ticket, and booked a hotel for naught. And, I will probably not get the chance to attempt to see Rush standing, front and center again.

Guys, this sucks. banghead.gif

I guess to make this more of a discussion, rather than a bitchfest (which it is- I have no illusions!), any ideas or tips for dealing with this lovely bureaucracy?

Can you not contact the seller and do the "Will Call" deal at the gate? I have never been to a concert overseas but I have lots of experience with lost mail overseas!

Good luck, I hope it all works out!

ohmy.gif

There has GOT TO be a way for you to gain access. You purchased the ticket and hopefully have paperwork (e-Mails) stating so.

Contact the venue, explain you have lost the ticket (it must happen all the time) and tell them you will wait until ten minutes beofre curtain up if you have to to make sure no one else takes your seat.

The venues aren't monsters, they are businesses. I contacted my venue to moan about being near the back and they bumped me up to Section A.

Once they realise you are genuine and possionate (not pychotic) they should do everything they can. Use the internet to find the most important guy either at the venue or ticket allocation company and e-Mail him direct. Keep it short and make sure you let them know how impotant it is to you.

Only a cold-hearted power-crazy sonofabitch would ignore you

Good Luck and let me know how it goes - you cannot miss 2.gif

Edited by StuartBruce

QUOTE (StuartBruce @ May 5 2011, 03:12 PM)
There has GOT TO be a way for you to gain access. You purchased the ticket and hopefully have paperwork (e-Mails) stating so.

Contact the venue, explain you have lost the ticket (it must happen all the time) and tell them you will wait until ten minutes beofre curtain up if you have to to make sure no one else takes your seat.

The venues aren't monsters, they are businesses. I contacted my venue to moan about being near the back and they bumped me up to Section A.

Once they realise you are genuine and possionate (not pychotic) they should do everything they can. Use the internet to find the most important guy either at the venue or ticket allocation company and e-Mail him direct. Keep it short and make sure you let them know how impotant it is to you.

Only a cold-hearted power-crazy sonofabitch would ignore you

Good Luck and let me know how it goes - you cannot miss 2.gif

This may be the route I have to take if my tickets don't show up soon for the London gig. confused13.gif

Yeah, I'm sending the venue an email right now, and if they don't respond soon I'll give them a call too.

In the mean time, I think I'm going to head over to DHL and try whining at them in person, see if that gets any results. I'm really kind of amazed at the complete lack of professionalism from this company.

Thanks for the advice guys.

QUOTE (zogoto @ May 6 2011, 03:57 AM)
Yeah, I'm sending the venue an email right now, and if they don't respond soon I'll give them a call too.

In the mean time, I think I'm going to head over to DHL and try whining at them in person, see if that gets any results. I'm really kind of amazed at the complete lack of professionalism from this company.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Man I hope this works out for you. Best of luck. trink39.gif

It it's not one thing it's yer mother..

Relax, The venue will have payment details and re-issue I'm sure.

I'd phone them or better walk up to the desk and drench them with charm cool.gif

I'd phone them or better walk up to the desk and drench them with charm

--Charm,is this what their calling it these days? bolt.gif

Ticket sellers / suppliers have what is called a "lost ticket voucher". You contact them to let them know that the ticket has been lost in transit (hell, I wouldn't even let them know it was received by your parents). You will need confirmation / receipt from original purchase which will likely have to be presented at the box office prior to the show.

QUOTE (garyg7133 @ May 7 2011, 05:45 PM)
Ticket sellers / suppliers have what is called a "lost ticket voucher". You contact them to let them know that the ticket has been lost in transit (hell, I wouldn't even let them know it was received by your parents). You will need confirmation / receipt from original purchase which will likely have to be presented at the box office prior to the show.

Yeh but the tickets weren't lost......a package was. If his Mum signed for the tickets when they where originally delivered then there could be a hitch!!.....I hope not.

Glad for the advice everyone, sent emails to the ticket provider and venue, but not expecting a response till after the weekend.

In regards to DHL going out of business, I don't think they do domestic transport in the US anymore, but they are the package carrying service in Germany. My mom sent me the package via USPS, meaning Deutsche Post took over when it arrived in Berlin, and the duty of delivery landed on DHL.

Worse case scenario I'm seeing right now is buying a new ticket, and then fighting DHL to pay for my old one. There were a few other things in the package that will be a bummer to lose (CD booklet for my copy of Nothingface- which is out of print, but replaceable), but we'll see what happens.

Don't forget to wish your mom a Happy Mothers Day. I sure if she had it to do over, she would have never chosen to send them like that.

I hope it worked out for you.

Kk

If the ticket was signed for, then that may be an issue. If it was regular post and was not signed for it would fall under their criteria. It may anyway as long as OP can prover he is the original purchaser. As for DHL, they stopped shipping domestically un the US but they handle overseas packages coming into the US a lot and they fall under the unbrella of the US Postal Service.

Ok, so I haven't updated in a while due to what would seem a cosmic conspiracy against me and this show. Namely, my computer (probably harddrive) failed. It failed, while I was opening the email reply from the ticket provider.

BUT, thanks to the magic of internet cafes, I now know that I will have a new one for pick up at will call. 653.gif

Thanks for all the advice guys, two weeks!

QUOTE (zogoto @ May 15 2011, 12:25 PM)
Ok, so I haven't updated in a while due to what would seem a cosmic conspiracy against me and this show. Namely, my computer (probably harddrive) failed. It failed, while I was opening the email reply from the ticket provider.

BUT, thanks to the magic of internet cafes, I now know that I will have a new one for pick up at will call. 653.gif

Thanks for all the advice guys, two weeks!

Glad to hear that worked out for you.

Enjoy the show!

2.gif

trink39.gif

Good news man - I hope to see you up front in Frankfurt

Cheers from Germany

Grey

Glad it worked out for you. trink39.gif

Our tickets for Birmingham NEC were lost in the post. I contacted the Ticket Factory who sent me letter and asked me to present it to the box office on the day - which I did and they had the replacement tickets there waiting for us. Very efficient.