I love hip-hop

I wouldn't call myself a big rap fan but there is a great UK band called The Streets - who are excellent - I call them geezer rap.

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ May 6 2005, 02:32 PM)
There was one like Beatie Boys in the 90's called "Senser". They were British too.

Stereo MCs suck.

I don't know Sensor but I do like Stereo MCs - you can't help but love Connected

QUOTE (Milton Bridge @ May 6 2005, 03:42 PM)
QUOTE (barney_rebel @ May 6 2005, 02:32 PM)
There was one like Beatie Boys in the 90's called "Senser".  They were British too.

Stereo MCs suck.

I don't know Sensor but I do like Stereo MCs - you can't help but love Connected

Yeah that song is ok - too bad that's the only song I can remember.

I hung out with the beasties back in 1994 at lalapolusa, they are funny guys. I don't care much for their music though.....

I'm a hard core rocker, always have been but I do Like some of the old Gangsta rap like Masta-P and Silk the Shocka. I also think Snoop DOGG has some cool tunes that I can listen to. Ice Cube has a few cool tunes too. I could probably hang out with those guys better than I could some of the egoistical rockers thats out there. Some of the rockers act like they are above everyone because they can play a guitar, wow big deal I played eruption note for note when I was like 13 so I don't see what the big deal is, no sense acting like your shit don't stink because you have a talent, you know. whoopty whoop, just play your instument and chill out damn. LOL.

Masta-P is cool.

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ May 5 2005, 06:32 PM)
This isn't a thread to debate whether or not "rap is music" or not.

Discuss your favourite type of hip-hop, and yes Linkin Park and Rage Against the Machine counts.

Have a listen to this indie band
http://www.thepeopleband.com/Music/California.mp3

The People

LOVE The People!! also Linkin Park and RATM...and also I just found a new band called De La Soul....they have a wicked song called "Keepin the faith" soooo good I love it! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (D-13 @ May 6 2005, 05:27 PM)

Discuss your favourite type of hip-hop, and yes Linkin Park and Rage Against the Machine counts.

The People

LOVE The People!! also Linkin Park and RATM...and also I just found a new band called De La Soul....they have a wicked song called "Keepin the faith" soooo good I love it! biggrin.gif

De La Soul still around? Man I remember the "Me Myself and I" days and how they ripped off Hall and Oates for "Say no go"

Hell that was probably before you were born!

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ May 6 2005, 02:31 PM)
QUOTE (D-13 @ May 6 2005, 05:27 PM)

The People

De La Soul still around? Man I remember the "Me Myself and I" days and how they ripped off Hall and Oates for "Say no go"

Hell that was probably before you were born!

I have no clue...they have a greatest hits out too I think

Does 311 count as rap?

Will Smith, Outkast, Eminem, and Public Enemy are some of my favorites.

The Fast and the Furious soundtracks are also good.

QUOTE (progrush2112 @ May 11 2005, 12:02 AM)
Does 311 count as rap?

Will Smith, Outkast, Eminem, and Public Enemy are some of my favorites.
The Fast and the Furious soundtracks are also good.

311 - I'd consider them rap. They're much like Rage Against the Machine or 24-7 Spyz.

I actually prefer the "head-banging" sort of rap than the traditional ghetto style.

Archived