Movies That Could Be Worked Into Plays

Alex

QUOTE (Alex @ Apr 30 2011, 06:00 PM)
Pulp Fiction could work.

The Gimp scene would be worth the admission price tongue.gif

QUOTE (Invisible To Telescopic Eye @ Apr 28 2011, 07:37 PM)
I've got a great one....Spiderman!!!

laugh.gif goodpost.gif

I remember when I first heard about that.

Has it/did it open yet? Still strikes me as truly bizarre.

I would love to see Tangled get the Broadway treatment. It's actually a decent animated film; even musical. In terms of translation onto the stage, that might be a little more challenging, but with modern stage technology I'm sure it could be done.

It would probably be very Into the Woods-like. Which is a really fabulous musical, imo. yes.gif

QUOTE (CMWriter @ May 1 2011, 02:09 PM)

laugh.gif goodpost.gif

I would love to see Tangled get the Broadway treatment. It's actually a decent animated film; even musical. In terms of translation onto the stage, that might be a little more challenging, but with modern stage technology I'm sure it could be done.

It would probably be very Into the Woods-like. Which is a really fabulous musical, imo. yes.gif

Spidey opened last fall. Tried to get tickets last December while I was in NYC but at the time it was sold out for the next few months. It has the largest budget ever for a musical (with music by The Edge & Bono). And it's had all kinds of production problems including a stuntman falling some 30 feet to the stage during a performance. Don't know how it's going now though.

Tangled was a decent movie and could work as a Broadway musical...in particular, I'm imagining that scene with all those thieves in the bar singing about their dreams smile.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ May 1 2011, 12:18 AM)

laugh.gif goodpost.gif

Spidey opened last fall. Tried to get tickets last December while I was in NYC but at the time it was sold out for the next few months. It has the largest budget ever for a musical (with music by The Edge & Bono). And it's had all kinds of production problems including a stuntman falling some 30 feet to the stage during a performance. Don't know how it's going now though.

Tangled was a decent movie and could work as a Broadway musical...in particular, I'm imagining that scene with all those thieves in the bar singing about their dreams smile.gif

Oh, heh, I've been so out of the loop on the Broadway scene.

But I am planning on seeing Wicked when it comes to my area this.. May, June. Something. Gotta love half-price student discount.

Yes, I was thinking that too. That bar scene, amazing laugh.gif I could see them even extending that scene. But one of my favourite musicals of all time, if not my favourite, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, was almost entirely singing. Nearly no spoken dialogue. Fun one to be in, though, that's for sure.

QUOTE (CMWriter @ May 1 2011, 02:23 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ May 1 2011, 12:18 AM)

laugh.gif goodpost.gif

Oh, heh, I've been so out of the loop on the Broadway scene.

But I am planning on seeing Wicked when it comes to my area this.. May, June. Something. Gotta love half-price student discount.

Yes, I was thinking that too. That bar scene, amazing laugh.gif I could see them even extending that scene. But one of my favourite musicals of all time, if not my favourite, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, was almost entirely singing. Nearly no spoken dialogue. Fun one to be in, though, that's for sure.

Saw Wicked out here (at Universal Studios Japan). Kind of interesting to hear it in Japanese [songs were done in English though] but cool show though. I'm guessing you'll like it.

I'm not a massive musical fan by a long shot but I do like theater, costumes, and set design. If you ever get the chance, I'd recommend checking out kabuki, bunraku, or any of the Cirque do Soleil productions.

QUOTE (CMWriter @ May 1 2011, 12:09 AM)

laugh.gif goodpost.gif

I thought Tangled was a phenomenal movie...I LOVED IT!!!

It was the first movie I saw in 3-D and thought it was amazing. Great songs, great characters and f'n hilarious...I loved Max the horse!!!

I agree Tangled should be on Broadway!!!

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Apr 30 2011, 11:36 PM)
QUOTE (Alex @ May 1 2011, 07:00 AM)
Pulp Fiction could work.

Don't know about that. If anything, Reservoir Dogs would be more workable than PF

Yeah, actually most of Reservoir Dogs scenes sort of have a play-like atmosphere to them. That one would be a great one to do.

Edited by snowdogged