Buffalo Wings!

Tick

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 19 2011, 10:37 AM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 19 2011, 11:29 AM)
i want my wings with the bone.  all the fun, besides the taste, is chewing around the corners.  trink38.gif

But if I'm buying premade ones in the deli (we have one nearby that has a killer Asian BBQ sauce on them) that sell by the pound, I want to know I'm getting a pound of edible chicken, not 1/4 pound of meat and 3/4 pound of bones.

Generally the bones make them more trouble to eat than they are really worth.

both ways are ok. depends on who's serving but if it has no bone it's basically a chicken finger and not a wing in my book. wings = bone in. trink38.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 19 2011, 11:37 AM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 19 2011, 11:29 AM)
i want my wings with the bone.  all the fun, besides the taste, is chewing around the corners.  trink38.gif

But if I'm buying premade ones in the deli (we have one nearby that has a killer Asian BBQ sauce on them) that sell by the pound, I want to know I'm getting a pound of edible chicken, not 1/4 pound of meat and 3/4 pound of bones.

Generally the bones make them more trouble to eat than they are really worth.

Without the bones your not eating Buffalo Wings, period. atickhum.gif

bones add flavor. take away the bone and there's less flavor. also i like to use two hands when i eat my wings and the bone in gives you support when you're chomping around it. without the bone you basically use one hand like your handling a potato chip. whatever makes you happy i guess. confused13.gif Edited by ReflectedLight

Just went to Quaker Steak and Lube for the first time... I ordered the 15 wing plate and split them between Atomic (150,000 SHU) and Triple Atomic (500,000 SHU). Those mothers should come with a seatbelt.... cuz they come out like a rocket and you're gonna need some help staying seated.

QUOTE (rushfanNlv @ Jul 6 2011, 02:38 PM)
Had BWW last night. Nothing wrong with BWW IMO......except that there version of "hot" doesn't exactly compare to mine.

I love their Caribbean Jerk sauce. It has a unique flavor and just the right amount of heat.

Sooooo who leaves NOTHING but bone when they eat 'em? That'd be me! For a chain restaurant, Chili's has some pretty good wings as well. In fact, Chili's has some pretty good lot's of things for a nationwide chain restaurant. Another thing about wings, it's doable, but it's very difficult not to have one or two ice cold trink38.gif with a plate of wings. They go together like Liz Taylor and Richard Burton! Edited by bigalfan

I was born and raised in Buffalo.

When i was 17 my buds and I would go to the local tavern on wednesday for 5 cent wings and $2 pitchers of beer. (Yes the drinking age was 18 but we were never carded). We would each eat 50 (yes 50) wings and then play pool until we finished all the beer. I can't even eat 20 wings now.

Chicken wings have bones, boneless "wings" are for pussies

Bleu Cheese is the only dip

Celery is mandatory

I'm craving a plate of wings now......

I keep it simple and everyone who's had them agrees that they rock.

Fresh wing sections (separated)

Light coating of seasoned flour

1 stick salted butter

1 Bottle Frank's Lousiana

Dash vinegar (yes, more vinegar)

Oil (Veg or Peanut)

1 Cuisinart Deep Fryer Machine

The wings go into the flour and out. They get dusted not caked. The result is less of a coating and more of a crispy 'snap' when fried. helps the sauce stick too. Into vegetable or peanut oil for 9 minutes at 375. Then out and into the pot of sauce/butter/vinegar for a tumble and serve.

When i get a wild hair up my *ss I toss in some Double Burn or Endorphin Rush for additional heat. But lets face it, sometimes u just want regular hot wings without the Morning After side effects.