MSG Review

garyg7133

A sold out Madison Square Garden. An evening with Rush, a couple of beers and some wings....what could go wrong? Actually, not much. Other than the opening video coming to a screeching halt and then starting again from the beginning there weren't any hitches. A sour note each from Ged and Alex went largely unnoticed from the people around us . Geddy's voice was really strong and it was easy to see that the guys were into this one right from the start. Great crowd too.

To the people here who bought the "South" tickets what'd you think? Pretty sweet spot eh? We were in North and my buddies couldn't believe that there was nobody crammed on top of us.

Highlights for me were Presto, Red Barchetta, Marathon, Camera Eye and Vital Signs.

Only peeve was that Ged's bass sounded a little thin in the beginning but by about 10 minutes in all was good. 2.gif

Show rocked. Press box seats are the way to go for sure. No one in front of us and no one behind. Nice find my friend.

Band was tight, some of the things that stood out for me.

Opening video: Worked out great for me. Was able to make another bathroom break before the band came out.

Moving Pictures: This never gets old.

La Villa: Like Gary said, not many around us noticed it, but at the 1:59 mark (I downloaded the show) Alex hit the C again instead of going to F. Pretty noticable. Can't remember what and when Geddy flubbed.

QUOTE (32Ford @ Apr 11 2011, 05:40 PM)
Show rocked. Press box seats are the way to go for sure. No one in front of us and no one behind. Nice find my friend.

Band was tight, some of the things that stood out for me.

Opening video: Worked out great for me. Was able to make another bathroom break before the band came out.

Moving Pictures: This never gets old.

La Villa: Like Gary said, not many around us noticed it, but at the 1:59 mark (I downloaded the show) Alex hit the C again instead of going to F. Pretty noticable. Can't remember what and when Geddy flubbed.

You have this show already? Would you be willing to share a copy? It was my first Rush show, and I loved it.

NEIL WAS EXCEPTIONAL HIS RIDE WORK & MICKING CUT THROUGH- ALEX WAILED W/ GED BASS WORK PHENOMENAL- THEY HAD THE SECURITY GUARDS STANDING IN AWE!!

MSG SHOULD HAVE BEEN FILMED & RECORDED- FORGET ABOUT CLEVELAND!??!!?

QUOTE (jmdyyz @ Apr 12 2011, 12:42 PM)
NEIL WAS EXCEPTIONAL HIS RIDE WORK & MICKING CUT THROUGH- ALEX WAILED W/ GED BASS WORK PHENOMENAL- THEY HAD THE SECURITY GUARDS STANDING IN AWE!!

Not to take anything away from Cleveland, especially since that show is still a few days away, MSG should really have been recorded. The crowd rocked, the band was in great form and MSG was sold out. Was really a great night.

QUOTE (32Ford @ Apr 12 2011, 03:03 PM)
QUOTE (jmdyyz @ Apr 12 2011, 12:42 PM)
NEIL WAS EXCEPTIONAL HIS RIDE WORK & MICKING CUT THROUGH- ALEX WAILED W/ GED BASS WORK PHENOMENAL-  THEY HAD THE SECURITY GUARDS STANDING IN AWE!!

Not to take anything away from Cleveland, especially since that show is still a few days away, MSG should really have been recorded. The crowd rocked, the band was in great form and MSG was sold out. Was really a great night.

+1 trink39.gif

Whoops double post after 503 error

They were awesome, though bekloppt.gif

Edited by librarian

QUOTE (jmdyyz @ Apr 12 2011, 10:42 AM)

Tapehead2 on Dime says he did. Considering the quality of the work of his I've seen, it's likely to be very, very good. He hasn't put it up for d/l yet, but I'm waiting.......

I have Red Barchetta recorded...I havent watched the playback yet, still riding high from Sunday night. still processing the awesomeness of that show. Will get it loaded up soon...

High Points

That axe work at the end of the concert! WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!? It was like Ged and Alex were dueling...playing for their very lives. I dont know from what spring they pulled that energy from, but DAY-UM!

The Camera Eye-"...angular mass of New Yorkers!" crazy!

Geddy's Voice...are. you. kidding. me? Stunning. in the literal sense.

They did miss out on what could have been a legendary recording.