The Mars Volta

kylee

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ May 2 2005, 05:19 PM)
The strong rumour here is they'll be added to the bill for the Oxegen festival here in July.

Hopefully it'll happen. I haven't bought "Francis the Mule" yet, but "Deloused....." is a great album.

Deloused is mind blowing and incredible, Francis surpasses it.

QUOTE (physics23 @ May 7 2005, 05:39 AM)
ohmy.gif Did somebody say Rhode Island??

Yes, go to the concert, I will meet you there. smile.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ May 7 2005, 08:12 AM)
ohmy.gif  Did somebody say Rhode Island??

Sure, it's only what, 3,000 miles?

Once you're on I-95, just take Exit 24... smile.gif

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y129/amirror/CA4DAF01.gif

QUOTE (physics23 @ May 8 2005, 05:34 AM)

I really want to see the east coast, and maybe we can visit there!! I think we would have a lot of fun!!

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ May 8 2005, 09:26 AM)
QUOTE (physics23 @ May 8 2005, 05:34 AM)

I really want to see the east coast, and maybe we can visit there!! I think we would have a lot of fun!!

Its very nice, Oregon is much more woodsier, but the cities of the east coast are a thing of thier own.

This is the second live release by the amazing band The Mars Volta. In it there are many chunks of music never before heard on their studio albums, but it's still kickass.

I love them so much that I bought this album on the realease date.

You a fan of music, buy iy.

Who else has heard it?

I haven't heard it but I have seen Mars Volta live 2 times in the last couple months or so. They were pretty good. Reminded me a lot of Led Zeppelin in a way, mostly the guitar playing. The guy who went with me last time liked them so much he bought their CD the next day.

I f*ckin' love the Volta! Haven't heard this yet though. I have heard that they sound a lot different live, with jam sessions in between songs and stuff. So I guess that's what you heard.

I'll be picking this up as soon as I get some cash...

Oh, by the way, what was the first live release, and when did it come out?

They had some live EP in either 03 or 04...it might be out of print though, I've never seen it. I will definitely be picking this up though, I have a couple of Mars Volta boots and they are fantastic. One of my favorite bands for sure.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Nov 9 2005, 06:02 AM)
I like Mars Volta but never heard any of their live stuff yet...

It's kind of like a 1 hour acid trip on music. I never heard any of their tunes on CD. Just saw them live twice. The first time I didn't know what to think but the next time we had like 8th row seats and it sounded pretty cool. The songs seemed like they were never going to end. I mean, that's not a bad thing or anything as long as it's cool music.

I wish I knew the name of one of their songs but I remember how it goes in my head. I am going to listen to some of their music and find that tune, it's bad ass.

Another song they played that was pretty bluesy, "never sleep alone".....That song is bad ass too. 1287.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Nov 10 2005, 06:10 PM)

It's kind of like a 1 hour acid trip on music. I never heard any of their tunes on CD. Just saw them live twice. The first time I didn't know what to think but the next time we had like 8th row seats and it sounded pretty cool. The songs seemed like they were never going to end. I mean, that's not a bad thing or anything as long as it's cool music.

I wish I knew the name of one of their songs but I remember how it goes in my head. I am going to listen to some of their music and find that tune, it's bad ass.

Another song they played that was pretty bluesy, "never sleep alone".....That song is bad ass too. 1287.gif

Definitely check out Frances the Mute album 1022.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Nov 10 2005, 07:10 PM)

That "Never sleep alone" song is called "The Widow. How did the other song you wish you knew go?

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Nov 10 2005, 06:19 PM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Nov 10 2005, 07:10 PM)

That "Never sleep alone" song is called "The Widow. How did the other song you wish you knew go?

It's hard to explain via typed words. I can hum the tune right now to myself and I only heard it 2 times live. So for a song to leave an impression like that 2 months later after only hearing them twice says a whole lot about the music.

i listened to a little bit of this album in the store, it sounded pretty kickass. i've love to see these guys live, and i'll prolly pick up this album eventually but I need to get Frances the Mute first.

i have De-Loused in the Comatorium, and i absolutely love it. but i'm pissed off, cuz it's still a pretty new cd, and it has like ONE single scratch on it! ONE! it's inevitable that cds get several little scratches on them over time, that generally don't affect it's playability, but this cd just has the ONE that doesn't look like a serious scratch but apparently it messes it up cuz the last track won't play right. which sux cuz that's one of the best ones.

and to the guy that wondered what other track they heard: any chance you can remember a specific line? a lot of their songs have a specific line in like the verses that stick out and would be easy to remember.

one that particularly rocks is Cicatriz ESP, where occasionally throughout the song he'll sing "I've lost my way" kinda loud and powerfully.

another one is Drunkship of Lanterns, where he sings the verses a little quieter and then sings louder "Is anybody there?!" and then like you hear a cool background harmony thing.

oh yea and one really rockin one is Inertiatic ESP, but i never really actually caught any of the words from that, but that might be the song too.

and i never caught words from this one either, but just for the sake of tellin you a song you can download to see if it's right, check out Take the Veil Carpin Taxt. that one is majorly badass sounding.

and those are all from De-Loused in the Comatorium. i'm not familiar with any songs from Frances the Mute yet.

Archived