Rank your meal of the day

Good,bad,andrush

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Mar 5 2011, 03:51 PM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Mar 5 2011, 03:26 PM)
Papa john's pizza.

8/10

Have had better before, but still delicious.

I had Papa John's once.... and I never plan on having it again.

same here! yuck!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I decided to make a nice anniversary dinner yesterday:

Salad: leaf lettuce, tomato, cucumber, greek imported feta cheese, croutons, Kalamata olives, balsamic vinegar/olive oil dressing.

Main meal:

Pepper steak with a side of lightly spiced baked potatoes.

Desert:

Chocolate mousse cake (the only thing I didn't make, I bought it from the local bakery tongue.gif)

I thought it was a great meal, 10/10. Judging by her reaction, she did too. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Mar 5 2011, 05:04 PM)

Salad: leaf lettuce, tomato, cucumber, greek imported feta cheese, croutons, Kalamata olives, balsamic vinegar/olive oil dressing.

Main meal:

Desert:
Chocolate mousse cake (the only thing I didn't make, I bought it from the local bakery tongue.gif)

I thought it was a great meal, 10/10. Judging by her reaction, she did too. biggrin.gif

A man who can cook! It's a miracle!

(Just kidding. My brother can cook. tongue.gif)

That was very sweet of you. How long have you been together? :3

Haven't had a true "meal" today (saving up since there's a Mardi Gras party at my church tonight) but last night I went to a restaurant called Brewburgers. (Guess what they two items they specialize in, haha.) The food was kind of greasy, but the restaurant was clean, open, and all the staff were really nice and helpful. Food was good.. just greasy.

One of the neatest aspects were the three burgers named and inspired by local university teams, since it's got a sports bar atmosphere. I had an excellent, if not (as mentioned) greasy burger with onion strings cooked inside, topped with jack cheese and horesradish. Also had a side salad (nothing special) and an appetizer of parmesan garlic fries. They were good, but more of the flavouring dripped to the bottom of the plate.

Overall, pretty darn impressive. I'd go back to try one of their other burgers, for sure! 8.5/10

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Mar 5 2011, 06:22 PM)
QUOTE (usb_connector @ Mar 5 2011, 05:04 PM)

Main meal:

Desert:

A man who can cook! It's a miracle!

(Just kidding. My brother can cook. tongue.gif)

That was very sweet of you. How long have you been together? :3

Haven't had a true "meal" today (saving up since there's a Mardi Gras party at my church tonight) but last night I went to a restaurant called Brewburgers. (Guess what they two items they specialize in, haha.) The food was kind of greasy, but the restaurant was clean, open, and all the staff were really nice and helpful. Food was good.. just greasy.

One of the neatest aspects were the three burgers named and inspired by local university teams, since it's got a sports bar atmosphere. I had an excellent, if not (as mentioned) greasy burger with onion strings cooked inside, topped with jack cheese and horesradish. Also had a side salad (nothing special) and an appetizer of parmesan garlic fries. They were good, but more of the flavouring dripped to the bottom of the plate.

rofl3.gif That was her family's reaction when they found out I enjoy cooking. We've been going out for 6 years (since grade 9). The only reason we are not married yet is because we have agreed to put it off until we are finished with out university studies.

The restaurant you went to sounds pretty cool. We have a restaurant here called "La Cage Au Sports" which is basically a sports themed bar/reastaurant that has some really good burgers that are sometimes named after a team or something (although they change the name back after the sports season is over).

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Mar 5 2011, 06:04 PM)

Main meal:

Desert:

nice!

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

School fish: -10x9001/10

BLECK!

I tried it for the first time since sixth grade when I got food poisoning from school fish. For some reason I just wanted to. It tastes like chicken and fish flavouring and just overall grossness. Ew... Never trying that again.

Totally should've gotten the chicken nuggets. |:

But the mashed potatoes were a 5/10. At least the gravy was hot today. The potatoes themselves are generally fine.