How Cool Is This?!

Mindcore

I live in the GTA (greater Toronto area), home of Geddy and Alex. I'm about 50 miles East of Toronto. I play bass and have been a huge Rush fan since I discovered them as a young kid in the '70s. One of the guitarists I play with is friends and neighbours with Geddy's current bass tech. He currently is giving my 1977 Rickenbacker 4001 some TLC! I should get it back by the end of February prior to the start of the second leg of the Time Machine Tour.

Oh, and yes, this is not "pro bono"! I am paying for the repairs/setup required which I have no problem with at all! I just want my "baby" back in shape again and glad to have someone who knows what they are doing! Apparently, from what I've heard, he restored Geddy's Rickenbacker to Geddy's satisfaction to the point he is using it again!

I am both humbled and thankful that a guy of his talent would take the time to fix up one of my prized possessions! Looking forward to bringing the Ricky back in to the mix again and making beautiful music with it! Will let you know how it turns out!

cool.gif

If you have to get it done, might as well get one of the best to do it.

Hi everyone.

Got my Ricky back tonight from Geddy's tech! I know I originally said end of February but he has been so busy prepping for the second leg of the Time Machine Tour it got lost in the shuffle. Anyway, the guys decided to take the day off yesterday so he worked on it on his day off.

What can I say? Awsome job! I'm so happy my baby is back in playing condition. The Ricky is back in my rotation again! 1022.gif

Thanks, J!

What, no pictures??? wink.gif

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Mar 22 2011, 08:32 PM)
What, no pictures???  wink.gif

Well he didn't repaint it or anything! He actually told me to leave it well weathered. If you want pics, I'll take some and post on the weekend.

Archived