VEGAS BABY!!

pedro2112

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jan 30 2011, 09:06 PM)
QUOTE (That One Guy @ Jan 30 2011, 01:55 PM)
QUOTE (That One Guy @ Jan 27 2011, 01:08 AM)
I'm gonna be buying tickets to MGM soon, and I'd like to get some advice from you guys. For anyone who has seen shows at USANA and MGM Grand, how do the seats compare between the two? Cheapest seat at MGM is 56 dollars and it looks like its in the back back. Is it that far, or is it closer than the lawn seating at USANA? I was at the very front of the lawn at USANA, and i'd like to be a little closer.

Very thoughtful advice

you bringin the licorice *whip* and orange jello? tongue.gif

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Jan 30 2011, 11:24 PM)
I'm gonna be buying tickets to MGM soon, and I'd like to get some advice from you guys. For anyone who has seen shows at USANA and MGM Grand, how do the seats compare between the two? Cheapest seat at MGM is 56 dollars and it looks like its in the back back. Is it that far, or is it closer than the lawn seating at USANA? I was at the very front of the lawn at USANA, and i'd like to be a little closer.

Very thoughtful advice

I quoted myself cause it'd be super cool if anyone knows. 2.gif

QUOTE (That One Guy @ Jan 30 2011, 10:01 PM)
QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Jan 30 2011, 11:24 PM)

Very thoughtful advice

I quoted myself cause it'd be super cool if anyone knows. 2.gif

you can do whatever you want...it's Vegas biggrin.gif

QUOTE (That One Guy @ Jan 30 2011, 02:55 PM)

I agree, I wanna go to Rush @ Vegas this year and It'd be super cool if someone would answer this question

QUOTE (That One Guy @ Feb 1 2011, 02:34 PM)

I agree, I wanna go to Rush @ Vegas this year and It'd be super cool if someone would answer this question

Maybe there's no one who can answer it.

I'm not being snarky - folks around here are generally helpful. If no one's answered, maybe it's just because they can't because they haven't seen a show from the front of the lawn at USANA and the cheap seats at the MGM to enable them to compare the two.

I myself have been to the MGM, but not USANA.

QUOTE (That One Guy @ Feb 1 2011, 12:34 PM)

If this helps ... last time they were in town we had the "cheap" seats in one of the pie shaped sections in the back corner if that makes sense. The concert was awesome and I can't imagine having felt different about it if I had been in the more expensive seats. Everyone else sitting around us felt the same and the only thing that could have possibly ruined it was the drunk guy in front of us doing choreography to 2112 - that's the kind of stuff you can't control. Don't know if this helps since I haven't been to USANA, but ...?

QUOTE (luvrush @ Feb 1 2011, 04:34 PM)
QUOTE (That One Guy @ Feb 1 2011, 12:34 PM)

If this helps ... last time they were in town we had the "cheap" seats in one of the pie shaped sections in the back corner if that makes sense. The concert was awesome and I can't imagine having felt different about it if I had been in the more expensive seats. Everyone else sitting around us felt the same and the only thing that could have possibly ruined it was the drunk guy in front of us doing choreography to 2112 - that's the kind of stuff you can't control. Don't know if this helps since I haven't been to USANA, but ...?

Thanks! I just wanted to see if I could get away with cheapo seats without being disappointed and unable to see the band.

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Jan 30 2011, 10:24 PM)

Very thoughtful advice

Are you goin too, Bonzey?

QUOTE (That One Guy @ Jan 27 2011, 12:08 AM)

That One Guy...

I am from Salt Lake, and have seen Rush at USANA at least five times. I've also been to the MGM three times for Rush shows. Unfortunately, I can't tell you about lawn seating at USANA because I've always been in the front 3 rows. But, I have been on the second to highest row in the corner at the MGM, and it was not bad at all.

You may be a little further back at the MGM, but you will also be elevated much more than the grass at USANA.

In other words, cheap seats at the MGM won't be bad at all. It is a small enough venue (smaller than Energy Solutions Arena) that even the worst seat isn't that bad.

I hope that helps.

QUOTE (yyz311 @ Feb 2 2011, 12:00 PM)
QUOTE (That One Guy @ Jan 27 2011, 12:08 AM)

That One Guy...

I am from Salt Lake, and have seen Rush at USANA at least five times. I've also been to the MGM three times for Rush shows. Unfortunately, I can't tell you about lawn seating at USANA because I've always been in the front 3 rows. But, I have been on the second to highest row in the corner at the MGM, and it was not bad at all.

You may be a little further back at the MGM, but you will also be elevated much more than the grass at USANA.

In other words, cheap seats at the MGM won't be bad at all. It is a small enough venue (smaller than Energy Solutions Arena) that even the worst seat isn't that bad.

I hope that helps.

I have been to many a arena show and in my opinion MGM is pretty small. I took my daughter to Lady GAGA last minute last year the night before Rush and was like 4 rows from the back dead center and felt pretty good about seeing the show. It didnt really feel that far back. Before anyone flames me for Gaga I'll tell you she was fantastic, had a great rockin' backline band and sang her ass off! We dug it so much we are going back again next month. This time we got Sec. 14 row H so we will be right on top of the show. I just got my Rush tix today Sec 14 row N so I'm super happy esp. since it looks like the only one for me after a record 4 shows last year including a crazy 3 shows in 5 days! Did I mention I love this band!!! 2.gif

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Feb 2 2011, 12:12 AM)
QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Jan 30 2011, 10:24 PM)

Very thoughtful advice

Are you goin too, Bonzey?

yesh, i wants to yes.gif

i'm planning to!

scheming, plotting, conniving, and in all other ways intending 1287.gif

alas, i am at the mercy of The Babysitter *crosses hopeful fingers*

Hi folks,

I'm new to the board but not Rush or the online Rush community.

My wife and I went to vegas last summer, and will be returning again this summer. I drew incredible seats, and can't wait to go.

My wife indulges me and enjoys the trips. She likes the live show, but is not crazy like me.

Anyway, Viva Las Vegas!!

1287.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Mar 14 2011, 03:18 PM)
QUOTE (That One Guy @ Mar 14 2011, 11:42 AM)
Are tickets still on sale for the show? I've had a complete lack of money lately. Cheapo seats are what i'm lookin for.

Yes, as of today there are still $65 tickets left.

Yay! I'm still gonna need a little more time. Those $65 seats better be decent. I'd like to see facial expressions this time.

QUOTE (That One Guy @ Mar 15 2011, 09:43 AM)
Are tickets still on sale for the show? I've had a complete lack of money lately. Cheapo seats are what i'm lookin for.

Yay! I'm still gonna need a little more time. Those $65 seats better be decent. I'd like to see facial expressions this time.

Well, I wouldn't count on that.

You'll be way in the back, or up very high.

But...you'll be there!

1022.gif

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Mar 15 2011, 01:51 PM)
QUOTE (That One Guy @ Mar 15 2011, 09:43 AM)

Well, I wouldn't count on that.

You'll be way in the back, or up very high.

But...you'll be there!

1022.gif

My criteria was, as long as it is better than the lawn at USANA, I'm cool with that. High up would be neat, you could see Neil's whole kit all the time!

If you look at this link, (from MGM Grand) it looks like they don't have the very back on sale. It seems to me last summer most of the seats were filled (It holds something like 14-16,000)

http://www.mgmgrand.com/entertainment/gran...lans%2fRush.gif

It shows you where the least expensive seats are. Just for kicks I tried Ticketmaster right now, and pulled 211 Row G.

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Mar 15 2011, 05:28 PM)
If you look at this link, (from MGM Grand) it looks like they don't have the very back on sale. It seems to me last summer most of the seats were filled (It holds something like 14-16,000)

http://www.mgmgrand.com/entertainment/gran...lans%2fRush.gif

It shows you where the least expensive seats are. Just for kicks I tried Ticketmaster right now, and pulled 211 Row G.

For some acts that dont generally sell out the capacity of the venue they will not sell some sections. These sections will be closed off and covered with a black tarp. Rush is one of these acts and this was also the case last year. I can tell anyone intrested that the very back availible on this chart will be fine seats with a nice view. I have sat about 3 rows from the top back(the closed off for this show) at other shows and thought it was good so the lowers are even better. See you there!