TICKET SALES

pony2112

For shits & giggles I checked the Greensboro NC page yesterday for available single VIP seats. Four tries and I kept pulling up the same seat, far edge of the stage row 14.

Those suckers are $311 as well, a significant price jump from 2010 in Atl. for $279. (BTW, I had no intentions of purchasing - was just curious).

People are getting the same show as the last leg , i assume , so people don't have the $$$ to spend on the same show agian. If they let people know they intend to change it up, you will see more seats sold

QUOTE (Mr. Krinkle @ Jan 4 2011, 09:12 AM)
I called Ticketbastard yesterday and this is the info I was given...

Scattered floor seats in Chicago...maybe 500 seats total left in the UC...

MSG is basically 'sold out', with maybe 50 seats remaining.

With three months left to go before the shows, I'd say that they are selling quite well based on just those two shows.

The United Center holds around 20,000 people for concerts...

My skeptical hat is on again if it is to be believed that there have been 19,000 Rush tickets sold for this show no matter what they told you. Hell, even 15,000.

Hell, even 12,000 which is more than they sold the last time they were there.

QUOTE (rummut71 @ Jan 4 2011, 09:40 AM)
2 seconds ago:

Section
Row
Seats
Description 111
14 - 13
Price Level 1
Lower Level Seating (100 Level)

Halfway back on the Ged side.

Well, that's what Ticket bastard told me yesterday.

The UC is 3/4 open for concerts. They dont seat people around the sides and back of the stage. So the 23,500 "capacity" would have to be including the seats that are roped off around the stage for Rush if they were open.

As I type this I am on the phone and will ask exactly how many tickets are left for Chicago..............................

..................................................................................................................

................................ schla03.gif ..................................bad music......................

........................................... schla03.gif .........................................

I'll let you know what they tell me.

Probably a line of bull$hit, but......

QUOTE (rummut71 @ Jan 4 2011, 10:33 AM)
QUOTE (Mr. Krinkle @ Jan 4 2011, 09:12 AM)
I called Ticketbastard yesterday and this is the info I was given...

Scattered floor seats in Chicago...maybe 500 seats total left in the UC...

MSG is basically 'sold out', with maybe 50 seats remaining.

With three months left to go before the shows, I'd say that they are selling quite well based on just those two shows.

The United Center holds around 20,000 people for concerts...

My skeptical hat is on again if it is to be believed that there have been 19,000 Rush tickets sold for this show no matter what they told you. Hell, even 15,000.

Hell, even 12,000 which is more than they sold the last time they were there.

Are 20K seats really available for sale? Not sure if that number includes seats behind the stage (which obviously aren't sold). In the past, I also recall parts of the 300's "draped" and not for sale. Wonder if they are doing that this time around.

Not saying that I don't believe that "500 seats left" is what TM told Mr. Krinkle, I just don't believe that's an accurate number. The fact that this morning I could get 6 seats together in the 100's halfway back tells me there has to be more than 500 seats left.

I guess it will all be moot come April 12th. The people who are there will have an amazing time.

OK.

I JUST got off the phone with a VERY nice and helpful Ticketbastard agent and she went through the entire United Center with me.

She determined by seeing the amount of available open seats there, that there are 50 or less seats open for the Chicago show. There are scattered seats all through the arena including some on the main floor in sec. 1 row 13 & 14 seats 1-6 in the 13th and 2-14 in the 14th.

That's on Alex's side. I got the 15th row in Sec. 1 , seat 9, the day of the presale about 15 minutes into the sale. Go figure.

Anyway, about 18,000 tickets have been sold for Chicago.

QUOTE (The Mighty Dudad @ Jan 4 2011, 10:18 AM)
Are 20K seats really available for sale? Not sure if that number includes seats behind the stage (which obviously aren't sold). In the past, I also recall parts of the 300's "draped" and not for sale. Wonder if they are doing that this time around.

Not saying that I don't believe that "500 seats left" is what TM told Mr. Krinkle, I just don't believe that's an accurate number. The fact that this morning I could get 6 seats together in the 100's halfway back tells me there has to be more than 500 seats left.

I guess it will all be moot come April 12th. The people who are there will have an amazing time.

The stage sides and back are closed.

That leaves about 18,000 seats.

This girl today, just told me 50 or less seats remain.

I have no idea what the truth is now, but she told me there were areas where pockets of seats are open , then some scattered.

I would think that there is at least 15,000 tickets sold for this show and that is a LOT of people.

That's just my estimation.

Chicago shows are always well attended.

The Tinley Park Sept. 8, 2007 concert was packed and that was the most attended show of the tour...I think..

Edited by Mr. Krinkle

QUOTE (Mr. Krinkle @ Jan 4 2011, 11:35 AM)
QUOTE (The Mighty Dudad @ Jan 4 2011, 10:18 AM)

The stage sides and back are closed.

That leaves about 18,000 seats.

This girl today, just told me 50 or less seats remain.

I have no idea what the truth is now, but she told me there were areas where pockets of seats are open , then some scattered.

I would think that there is at least 15,000 tickets sold for this show and that is a LOT of people.

That's just my estimation.

Chicago shows are always well attended.

The Tinley Park Sept. 8, 2007 concert was packed and that was the most attended show of the tour...I think..

Well, if there are 50 seats or less available at the UC, then 10 of them are together, because I was just able to find 10 seats together in section 110 (Alex's side, 3/4 back) Row 14 Seats 3-12.

Gotta love TM.

I would LOVE to see this show sell out. Nothing better than a packed house and a pumped crowd...and Chicago crowds are always loud and appreciative.

We do attend Rush shows very well... smile.gif That's why we'll never get skipped even when Leg 6 of the CA tour comes along...

The last UC Rush show was one of, if not the best, attended shows on that tour IIRC.

Looking back from Row 13, it looked pretty full but not sold out. My ticket from that show has a $125 face value on it. This one with fees is $138.18. About the same!

The Hershey show seems to be doing fine.

There are only a few scattered floor seats and upper bowl seats left on Ticketmaster from what I can tell. Not much left.

It figures to be decent, considering it's the closest show to anyone who lives in eastern PA and New Jersey, unless you plan to go down to Baltimore, which doesn't have many seats left either.

I will say this, though. At the Philadelphia show in 2008, I got upper bowl seats. Bought them late because we didn't originally plan on going to see the show. When I got the venue and went to meet and buddy at his seats in the lower bowl just before the show, the usher asked where we were sitting, and when we said upstairs, she told us we had to go to a table in the concourse to get relocated seats.

Turns out, we were 10 rows off of big AL's side of the stage. ALOT better than we had planned on. The entire upper bowl was empty that night.

Ticket sales aren't always what Tm says they are for a show.

Don't know where people are getting the MSG info from, but the 400's are only sold about halfway back at this point. Also still seats available in the promenade boxes which are essentially the back of the 300's. Plenty of seats left @ MSG.

This is odd....more seats just went on sale for montreal. Reds were all sold out 1 week ago but now the official site has more tickets all of a sudden (decent seats too).

Has anyone ever seen this before?

USB, it happens a lot. 2 major factors can bring "new" tickets . Freebies that were either given to radio stations,promoters, advertisers etc... go back into the system and sometimes as the date draws closer they get the final layout of stage size and space requirements and if the size is smaller than what they originally anticipated they will release more seats, usually close to the sides of the stage. 2.gif

QUOTE (garyg7133 @ Jan 8 2011, 07:27 AM)
USB, it happens a lot. 2 major factors can bring "new" tickets . Freebies that were either given to radio stations,promoters, advertisers etc... go back into the system and sometimes as the date draws closer they get the final layout of stage size and space requirements and if the size is smaller than what they originally anticipated they will release more seats, usually close to the sides of the stage. 2.gif

I get it now, then ticket sales really sucked here seeing as how seats are closer to the center than side stage. >.>

Edited by usb_connector

Not necessarily. If they're closer to the middle it could very easily be some freebies that went back in. Maybe a credit card presale that ended as well. I hadn't checked any of the Canadian shows as far as the presales though so I don't know if they did any.