Holiday Giving Tree

Lost In Xanadu

I don't know how universal this is, but hopefully people have an opportunity to support organizations like this at their office during this holiday season.

Every year we take a couple tags and have our kids go shopping to help them see the true meaning of Christmas. It's not what you get, it's what you give. We're not rich by any means, but we are fortunate to have a house and food every night.

Do something special for someone less fortunate than you this holiday season. If you don't have the extra $, give a gift of time and volunteer!

goodpost.gif We have been sending gifts to a family for about 4 years now. They have no idea who it comes from and we have no idea who they are , it just makes you feel good

We have a giving tree at my office. I have to go out and pick up a pair of boots and a Mickey Mouse toy for a three year old today after work. I feel guilty that I can't do more during the holidays. sad.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Dec 2 2010, 01:06 PM)
We have a giving tree at my office. I have to go out and pick up a pair of boots and a Mickey Mouse toy for a three year old today after work. I feel guilty that I can't do more during the holidays. sad.gif

Amen to that, man.

It really hits home when I look at the "wish" list for the kids on the gift tags and they're asking for boots, a jacket, a basketball. We took an extra one this year as a little honor to my grandmother who recently passed away. She did so much for others, we stepped it up a little to try and make up for it.

We call it an "Angel Tree" at my church. I already picked one up for a little boy who wants Toy Story figures for Christmas. I can't wait to go shopping for him! (:

I love doing this every year. I'm also donating my old (practically unused) bike. I get all warm and fuzzy when I think about how happy they're going to be. x3 They're so undemanding, and you just can't help but want to do something for them. ♥

Yep. I do this every year. Also Toys For Tots. And the food bank. Yesterday at the grocery store, a few teens were asking for food bank donations. I found the "buy one get one free" items and filled a bag. It's so easy to help.... rose.gif

We have a 'giving tree' of sorts - people buy presents, put them in a large clear box just in front of it, & then when there are enough of the presents, they're given to less fortunate children. As it's a charity, it's quite a sweet thing to do.

Archived