North America announcement!!!!

liddybuck01

Its still the Time Machine? Is the new album due before the New North American tour dates?

I will be passing if this is just the same show as 2010.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (tick @ Nov 29 2010, 04:02 PM)
Its still the Time Machine? Is the new album due before the New North American tour dates?

No new album till the end of the world Ticky-I mean 2012!

ohmy.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 29 2010, 05:04 PM)

ohmy.gif

Seriously? If that's true, I have no interest in Rush for 2011.

QUOTE (tick @ Nov 29 2010, 04:09 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 29 2010, 05:04 PM)

ohmy.gif

Seriously? If that's true, I have no interest in Rush for 2011.

Well it's looking likely; they're not releasing an album this year as we know, and they're touring March-June 2011. By July they'll still be in the same position as they were in 2006, a few songs written and recorded, more songs still needed etc. They'll go in the studio to record the rest of the songs and produce the whole album september/october and it'll be mastered and finished by January 2012 ready for a May release and a whole new Clockwork Oranges Tour...

This Time Machine Tour is looking like the R30 Tour but without the Feedback album...

trink38.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Nov 29 2010, 04:36 PM)
...but they said more dates are being added...

Where did it say that? unsure.gif

Edited by LakesideMaiden

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Nov 29 2010, 02:56 PM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Nov 29 2010, 04:36 PM)
...but they said more dates are being added...

Where did it say that? unsure.gif

RIAB, which I'm assuming he got the info from Rush.com. It says over on RIAB:

"Additional North American performances to be announced. Itinerary subject to change."

Edited by LakesideMaiden

Here's me hoping they'll schedule a show in Kansas City or Omaha... the former much more likely, but Chicago's just too far! (Yes, I know, I'm incredibly spoiled with the fact that it was a fifteen-minute drive to TM when they came here. But boy was it nice.)

If I can't go see the show again, oh well. Age and finances put on such restrictions, but I saw the show once.

...But maybe Lady Luck will be on my side?

Well. . .color me torn.

Greensboro is do-able. I'm not a big road-tripper but it isn't an AWFUL drive by any means.

On the plus side it's indoors. I really do prefer the indoor venues, as the light show is so much cooler. Another fear is that Rush will add Atlanta later, in midsummer when the heat and humidity suck rocks. Yes, I saw S&A 2008 outside in July but we got a rare streak of unseasonably pleasant temps.

So I looked at the calendar, figuring if April 1 is midweek then it's a no-go; there's work to consider. But lo and behold, it's a Friday night!

Help me, guys. I'm way overthinking this, I know.

I'm so glad they're coming to Chicago again! I was super excited, but then I proceeded to think about the multiple factors that could and probably will keep me from going, including ticket prices, the drive (about 2 1/2 hours, but it's going to be hard convincing someone to drive me since neither of my parents seem to want to go), and the fact that it's on a Tuesday. sad.gif

So it looks like this one's going to be quite iffy, but I'm still excited that it's at least a possibility!

QUOTE (Mara @ Nov 29 2010, 07:09 PM)
Well. . .color me torn.

Greensboro is do-able. I'm not a big road-tripper but it isn't an AWFUL drive by any means.

On the plus side it's indoors. I really do prefer the indoor venues, as the light show is so much cooler. Another fear is that Rush will add Atlanta later, in midsummer when the heat and humidity suck rocks. Yes, I saw S&A 2008 outside in July but we got a rare streak of unseasonably pleasant temps.

So I looked at the calendar, figuring if April 1 is midweek then it's a no-go; there's work to consider. But lo and behold, it's a Friday night!

How about Nashville on Sunday April 3rd Mara?

QUOTE (johndyar @ Nov 29 2010, 08:19 PM)
Well. . .color me torn.

Greensboro is do-able.  I'm not a big road-tripper but it isn't an AWFUL drive by any means. 

On the plus side it's indoors.  I really do prefer the indoor venues, as the light show is so much cooler.  Another fear is that Rush will add Atlanta later, in midsummer when the heat and humidity suck rocks.  Yes, I saw S&A 2008 outside in July but we got a rare streak of unseasonably pleasant temps. 

So I looked at the calendar, figuring if April 1 is midweek then it's a no-go; there's work to consider.  But lo and behold, it's a Friday night!

Help me, guys.  I'm way overthinking this, I know.

How about Nashville on Sunday April 3rd Mara?

Not out of the question, but Friday's easier on the husband. Then again, it might end up being a solo trip because that is SMACK in the middle of major tennis activity in Atlanta (he is the director/head pro for a large municipal facility).

I wish I had more time to think on this. The sale fast approacheth.

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Nov 29 2010, 02:29 AM)
QUOTE (kbomb106 @ Nov 29 2010, 01:36 AM)
Uh....Hershey, NJ?  I think their webmaster needs to check a map.

I'm bummed they're not doing anything northeast of NYC.

To be completely honest, I was a little bummed when they announced the possibility of North American dates to be added on to the second leg. We can't afford to go, and if they announced something close to home, it would literally kill us to not be able to go...So knowing that the closest they will be is NYC or Maryland, and while I am very sorry for all of you who want to see them again and wanted them to come around to New England...for my own selfish reasons, I'm actually a little relieved. I saw them on the first leg twice, and I know that they will be on tour again for Clockwork Angels, so I can wait for that tour. I'd rather save up my money for that tour, and try and get better seats. Just my opinion.

Yeah well what about those of us who live in the southwest end of New England? laugh.gif

Rush a 70 minute train ride from me....can't refuse! Just...can't!!

Well. . .color me torn.

Ahh crap you just got to me to look at the calendar and see that the new york city show falls on a blasted SUNDAY! rage.gif

Guess I'd have to make arrangements not to work the next day...

I absolutely cannot believe they are playing a show in Hamilton! I had fingers crossed for another Toronto show, but this is just icing on the cake! There's no excuse I could use to pass this one up, since I live IN the city! Even if the setlist stays roughly the same, it's still going to be VERY enjoyable.

I'm very pleased with this news... very pleased indeed!