A "very special" return to Los Angeles

shaun3701

OK...since we are throwing ideas out there...I say DVD in Europe...the video standard is superior...

and Hollywood Bowl perhaps?

Guess we'll all find out together!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Gilbertk @ Nov 29 2010, 12:58 PM)
QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Nov 29 2010, 11:00 AM)
Looks like I'm hitting this "very special" Los Angeles show.

Wonder what that means.....not like Rush to do something extraordinary for one show....could they have a special guest?

Maybe Aimee Mann on Time Stand Still??? I had thought that that would be pretty cool if they did that just once. That would be VERY special! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Perhaps Ben Mink... but I'm not sure what he would play seeing he was involved in none of the songs in the Time Machine set.

Aimee Mann would be great!

And Ben Mink played strings on Faithless, which was part of the Time Machine tour setlist.

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Dec 6 2010, 11:05 AM)
hmmm...with filming now out of the picture, I wonder what the deal is.

As a previous poster suggested, what if it's at a little club like The Whiskey or House of Blues?

Cant imagine what else it would be...

that would be cool, but it'd probably also piss off the hundreds of soCal fans who wouldn't be able to get in lol

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Dec 6 2010, 02:26 PM)
QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Dec 6 2010, 11:05 AM)
hmmm...with filming now out of the picture, I wonder what the deal is.

As a previous poster suggested, what if it's at a little club like The Whiskey or House of Blues?

Cant imagine what else it would be...

that would be cool, but it'd probably also piss off the hundreds of soCal fans who wouldn't be able to get in lol

Yeah, good point. Maybe they do a regular show in Irvine/Hollywood Bowl or whatever and do a 2nd special club show and run a contest for tickets.

Totally out of the box for Rush...

QUOTE (Mara @ Nov 29 2010, 07:32 PM)
Maybe they'll do something totally wacky and zany and un-Rush-like and debut the entire new album?

Yeah right, and my dogs might start speaking in English tomorrow. . . just thinking way out of the box!

But seriously, if that DID happen, I would hate everyone who got to be there to witness that with the white-hot passion of a thousand suns!

That's exactly what I thought...debut Clockwork Angels.

Only as an added bonus they'll play 2112, Cygnus X-1 and Cygnus X-1 Book Two start to finish.

~RGLT

(OK, so that second part was a bit much, but I still it is a debut of Clockwork Angels).

QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Dec 7 2010, 02:44 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Nov 29 2010, 07:32 PM)
Maybe they'll do something totally wacky and zany and un-Rush-like and debut the entire new album?

Yeah right, and my dogs might start speaking in English tomorrow. . . just thinking way out of the box!

But seriously, if that DID happen, I would hate everyone who got to be there to witness that with the white-hot passion of a thousand suns!

That's exactly what I thought...debut Clockwork Angels.

Only as an added bonus they'll play 2112, Cygnus X-1 and Cygnus X-1 Book Two start to finish.

~RGLT

(OK, so that second part was a bit much, but I still it is a debut of Clockwork Angels).

You know what? Not a bad idea...

And judging by the geography of the way this tour seems to be playing out, LA might just be the last concert of the tour which could be the day they play it...interesting

While is an interesting idea, it's highly unlikely since they don't do anything new without it being rehearsed to death. Lets face it, Neil rehearses for 3-4 weeks prior to Tour rehearsals just to get his timing right for the songs.

My guess would be them Performing at the Hollywood Bowl.

QUOTE (irish_matt @ Dec 7 2010, 03:05 PM)
While is an interesting idea, it's highly unlikely since they don't do anything new without it being rehearsed to death. Lets face it, Neil rehearses for 3-4 weeks prior to Tour rehearsals just to get his timing right for the songs.

With a full orchestra...

QUOTE (irish_matt @ Dec 7 2010, 03:05 PM)

they've played at the Hollywood Bowl before...

I'll bet it's Aimee Mann on Time Stand Still. I don't see them changing the setlist to have Ben Mink play on Losing It or anything crazy like that.

Damn, she should fly to Cleveland and sing backup there too for the DVD biggrin.gif

Honestly I think our best bet is they unveil either all of CA, or some new songs. It would make sense also that the tour ends there, seeing as its so close to home for Neil (who seems to have more influence on tours than Ged and Al). Imagine, BU2B is replaced by jacobs ladder in the first set. Intermission comes to a close as the clock counts towards MP, but in the video something goes wrong and it bumps to 2011 as we hear the intro bells to caravan. they then play through all of CA (neil incorporating his solo into the new songs somewhere) and the 2nd half ends. Then the Encore is Limelight, YYZ, and Tom Sawyer. works for me lol.

EDIT: If you remember, they also said a LOT of this album was being written on the road, in quick backstage jams or hotel room writing sessions. Further backs up my theory.

Edited by Nate1647

I think some of the guesses have been good. What I initially thought of was them playing with the orchestra at the Bowl, but if that is the case, why would they film Cleveland?

They may end up coming through around July. Perhaps a fireworks show is in the works.

A free concert would be great. They won't be doing it.

Maybe something with an opening act or special guests.

It better not be a farewell show.