Flash Gordon

workingcinderellaman

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 6 2010, 06:58 AM)
There was no sequel because the movie was horrendously stupid.

Don't get me wrong, the movie was lots of fun, especially in my youth, but making a sequel would be akin to making Barbarella 2. Great kitschy cult films, but let's not go crazy here. tongue.gif

Yeah, I thought so too. Even as an 8 or 9 year old kid I thought it was pretty crap. I can see them making a new (non-sequel) Flash Gordon though...not that it'd be worth it or that I'd even watch it BUT I can imagine it being done

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Nov 6 2010, 02:38 AM)
I love this movie!!! It's camper than a row of tents! The dialogue is so cheeeezy and tongue-in-cheek. And, and, and, the wonderful OTT Queen soundtrack.

I agree to an extent. In the right mood it can be lots of fun, especially because of the insane cheesiness, goofy dialogue, questionable acting, corny special effects, etc. The one thing the movie really has going for it is you don't get the impression they were taking themselves too seriously. And the Queen soundtrack helps.

So yeah, while it is a stupid, ridiculous, campy, ktischy cult movie, it's 10 times better than a stupid, ridiculous movie that was taking itself to seriously and never intended to be stupid or ridiculous. At least I can marvel at the entertainment value of how bad it is and enjoy it on occasion when I come across it.