They hit this one OUT of the park!

osage2112

Time Machine tour was better than Snakes and Arrows...the performance was more energetic (don't get me wrong, S&A was great) and the crowd was ALL IN.

Thanks for touring with such Tenacious D-elivery.

Osage 2.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Oct 25 2010, 09:07 PM)
i can't comment on the time machine tour because i was a no show, but the s & a tour was enjoyable outside of the 5 in a row they played from s & a in the second set. wacko.gif

That's a shame for you

QUOTE (X-1 Book II @ Oct 26 2010, 09:41 AM)
i can't comment on the time machine tour because i was a no show, but the s & a tour was enjoyable outside of the 5 in a row they played from s & a in the second set. wacko.gif

That's a shame for you

Right? I thought the Snakes And Arrows material was wonderful live, and I especially enjoyed the band's clear enthusiasm for it.

YOu really did miss a hell of a tour.

And believe it or not seeing Moving Pictures performed in with no stops was magical. Really a true highlight.

QUOTE (Todem @ Oct 26 2010, 12:06 PM)

YOu really did miss a hell of a tour.

And believe it or not seeing Moving Pictures performed in with no stops was magical. Really a true highlight.

i was just tired of seeing alot of the same with a few bones thrown in. i'm cool with my decision and we'll see what happens on the next one.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Oct 26 2010, 02:27 PM)
heh  biggrin.gif
i realize there's going to be a handful of ca songs in there but i'm just hoping they will shake up the rest of the list and not cater to the casual fan so much.  it will be interesting to see what they do.  40% of me thinks they will shake things up from the last tour and the other 60% thinks they won't be doing much different.

Well, if they play a lot of CA songs, they probably will play a lot of the hits to balance things out. Like it or not, casual fans make up a large part of the crowd. As much as I loved hearing Marathon, the response it got was nothing close to Subdivisions, Tom Sawyer, etc.

I do think they'll play a large portion of CA. Maybe 9 songs as with S&A, maybe even the entire album as the second set. So I'm guessing the setlist will be lots of CA, lots of the hits, and hopefully a couple surprises.

Same songs, umpteenth verse...may be close to the raw truth.

But I've enjoyed each and every verse...it's the crowds that get the ENERGY CIRCLE going, and it seemed like all of the HOUSTON crown was riding a super collider of RUSH.

The band was feeding of of us, we were feeding off of them...very palatable for three hours.

If you were to change up a show REFLECTED LIGHT...what would you do...I'm interested in knowing.

I thought RUSH's use of video was leaps and bounds better than last tour.

They've go so many hands on stage, why not bring back the inflatables...then raffle them to a concert member, or auction them off???

I agree in a way, I'd love to see them do something different during a show...and keep the music pare JUST THE SAME...that's why I buy a ticket every tour.

They've only got so many left in them, and I plan on being at each one.

Osage

QUOTE (tontonfranck @ Oct 26 2010, 03:18 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Oct 26 2010, 06:13 PM)
i was just tired of seeing alot of the same with a few bones thrown in.

You can't imagine how hard it is for me to read that!!!! wink.gif

Yeah, we've been a bit spoiled by Rush here in the US and Canada. wink.gif

BTW, I agree with the original post. This tour was one of my most enjoyable since VT. Everything was really top-notch: setlist, sound, stage design, videos, lights, merchandise, you name it. trink39.gif

2.gif

I actually feel kind of lucky for not being a grizzled Rush veteran, and thus treasuring every moment of every Rush show as a rare and special event in my life regardless of what the setlist is. Although I missed out on Rush for many years, at least I haven't seen them enough times on enough tours to care one little bit if what I'm hearing is "a lot of the same." biggrin.gif

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Oct 26 2010, 06:11 PM)
QUOTE (PariahDog @ Oct 26 2010, 05:08 PM)
but I would take cold comfort...

It is cold comfort to the ones without it.

To know how they struggled, how they suffered about it. cool.gif

Sorry you couldn't make it. sad.gif

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Oct 26 2010, 06:43 PM)

Couldn't make it because my life's exotic & strange. I'd gladly exchange it for something a little more sane.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Oct 26 2010, 06:48 PM)
QUOTE (PariahDog @ Oct 26 2010, 06:43 PM)

Couldn't make it because my life's exotic & strange. I'd gladly exchange it for something a little more sane.

BTW, I did pay a fabulous price for my vision of paradise (8th row in Vegas). tongue.gif

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Oct 26 2010, 02:14 PM)
Was there a good episode of Everybody Loves Raymond on TV the night Rush played in your town? cool.gif

Can "Everybody Loves Raymond" and "good episode" be used in the same sentence? unsure.gif

bolt.gif

tongue.gif