Cincinnati Bengals

nappy2112

Texans - can't beat them ...barely beat them in their expansion season. :LOL:

If the Vikings can beat 'em, the Bengals sure can beat 'em....

Bengals 23, Ravens 17.

Nice beating the Ravens no matter who played.

10-6

As a Ravens fan, I am happy to see we came away from the game uninjured. Ngata and Suggs needed the downtime and if sitting all but 1 of our All Pros resutled in a loss, I can live with that.

How long has it been since the Bengals won a playoff game? This long...although it could easily be argued that the world was a much better place when Freddie Mercury was alive and Justin Bieber was not.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2013/01/05/since-cincinnati-bengals-last-won-playoff-game/1811443/?sf8376778=1

The Cincinnati Bengals continued their playoff victory drought on Saturday, losing an AFC wild card game to the Houston Texans, 19-13.

No NFL franchise has gone longer without a playoff win than the Bengal's 22 years.

Boomer Esiason, Ickey Woods and Anthony Munoz led the franchise to its last postseason victory on Jan. 6, 1991. How long has that been? Here's a comprehensive breakdown.

Days

Games played

Now-defunct team played in last playoff win

Houston Oilers

Starting quarterbacks

15 (Boomer Esiason, David Hollas, Erik Wilhelm, David Klingler, Jay Schroeder, Jeff Blake, Neil O'Donnell, Paul Justin, Akili Smith, Scott Mitchell, Jon Kitna, Gus Frerrote, Carson Palmer, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Andy Dalton)

Guys named "Johnson" on roster

15 (Brandon, Chad, Donnell, Doug, James, Jeremi, John, Landon, Larry, Lee, Michael, Riall, Rudi, Tank, Tim)

Playoff victories by teams that didn't exist in 1991

Current Pro Football Hall of Famers whose careers hadn't yet started

3 (Marshall Faulk, Curtis Martin, Willie Roaf)

Average annual retail price of gas

$1.14

Things that hadn't happened yet

• Gulf War

• Mikhail Gorbachev left power

• Dow Jones topped 3,000

• Magic Johnson announced he has HIV

• Comedy Central, Super Nintendo, Crystal Pepsi launched

Past events that were closer to the Bengals' last playoff win than today

• Moon landing

• Woodstock

• The Godfather released (the book)

• Beatles break up

• Floppy disk, Post-It Notes, bar-code scanner invented

Still alive

Red Grange, Paul Brown, Miles Davis, Freddie Mercury

Not born

Kyrie Irving, Anthony Davis, Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus, Taylor Lautner, Orson Charles (youngest player on Bengals roster)

No. 1s

Song — Justify My Love, Madonna

Album — To The Extreme, Vanilla Ice

Movie — Home Alone

TV show — Cheers

College football — Colorado (AP), Georgia Tech (UPI)

• Like 1

Dalton's gotta make those throws.......a couple of TD's left out on the field.

I was pulling for my former team....give 'em another stud WR and I think they'll take the next step. Marvin Jones looks very promising.... :ebert: :ebert:

Edited by Workaholic Man

I was pulling for my former team....give 'em another stud WR and I think they'll take the next step. Marvin Jones looks very promising.... :ebert: :ebert:

Former team? :eh:

Yep....I was born and raised in Northern Kentucky - within walking distance of Riverfront Stadium, right across the Ohio River. Grew up with the Big Red Machine and Paul Brown's Bengals. Had season tickets for the Bengals in 1982 (the year of the Strike..... :rage: :rage: )

I have nothing but fond memories of those days, even though I've been a Packer disciple for almost 30 years now..... my dream is still to meet Johnny Bench.... :D :D

Yep....I was born and raised in Northern Kentucky - within walking distance of Riverfront Stadium, right across the Ohio River. Grew up with the Big Red Machine and Paul Brown's Bengals. Had season tickets for the Bengals in 1982 (the year of the Strike..... :rage: :rage: )

I have nothing but fond memories of those days, even though I've been a Packer disciple for almost 30 years now..... my dream is still to meet Johnny Bench.... :D :D

You're the reason the Bengals haven't won a play-off game in about 30 years! :o Get back there! :tsk: Hop into your Ram truck with your Coors beer, just you and Sam Elliot just tooling your way back home to Cincy!

You're the reason the Bengals haven't won a play-off game in about 30 years! :o Get back there! :tsk: Hop into your Ram truck with your Coors beer, just you and Sam Elliot just tooling your way back home to Cincy!

:laughing guy: :laughing guy: Are you kidding? I endured the heartbreak of Super Bowl XVI.....I drove back home to be with my friends for Super Bowl XXIII, was heartbroken AGAIN by Joe Montana......do you really want me to go back down there and jinx them AGAIN?? :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

:laughing guy: :laughing guy: Are you kidding? I endured the heartbreak of Super Bowl XVI.....I drove back home to be with my friends for Super Bowl XXIII, was heartbroken AGAIN by Joe Montana......do you really want me to go back down there and jinx them AGAIN?? :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

Maybe next time the Bengals make the superbowl it'll be Nick Montana he's playing for Tulane this year but one day,,,

And now the Bengals get back to what they do best...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000123014/article/bengals-robert-sands-arrested-on-domestic-violence-charge

Cincinnati Bengals safety Robert Sands was arrested Friday morning after he allegedly assaulted his wife at their home in Florence, Ky., according to The Kentucky Post.

Sands was charged with assault and domestic violence in the incident, according to the police report obtained by The Post.

Sands was a fifth-round pick out of West Virginia in the 2011 draft. He has been on injured reserve this season with a chest injury.

Typical Bungles....they suck so much ass it's not funny.

You must be a Browns fan......

Bengals 2013 opponents include 5 playoff teams at home and 1 on the road.

Home - Ravens,Steelers,Browns,Patroits,Jets,Packers,Vikings and Colts.

Away - Ravens,Steelers,Browns,Dolphins,Bills,Bears,Lions and Chargers.

I'll be at the Packer-Bengal game for sure. I'm planning my vacation around it. :D :D

Bengals got it made next year.....the Packers' schedule is freakin' brutal..... :boohoo:

Edited by Workaholic Man

I'll be at the Packer-Bengal game for sure. I'm planning my vacation around it. :D :D

Bengals got it made next year.....the Packers' schedule is freakin' brutal..... :boohoo:

I was hoping for a road game at Indy so I could check out the stadium ...maybe I'll try for Squeeler tickets instead.

Bengals right tackle Andre Smith was arrested Thursday after allegedly bringing a gun into the Atlanta airport, according to WCPO.

Police say Smith was trying to board a plane with a .380 caliber handgun on Thursday, and he appeared in court on Friday where he was released on a $3,000 bond.

After a rough start to his career, following the Bengals picking him No. 6 overall in the 2009 draft, he's had solid seasons in the past two years.

Smith is a free agent heading into the offseason.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/21576678/report-bengals-tackle-andre-smith-arrested-at-atlanta-airport

:facepalm:

Bengals right tackle Andre Smith was arrested Thursday after allegedly bringing a gun into the Atlanta airport, according to WCPO.

Police say Smith was trying to board a plane with a .380 caliber handgun on Thursday, and he appeared in court on Friday where he was released on a $3,000 bond.

After a rough start to his career, following the Bengals picking him No. 6 overall in the 2009 draft, he's had solid seasons in the past two years.

Smith is a free agent heading into the offseason.

http://www.cbssports...atlanta-airport

:facepalm:

I never said we drafted the smartest players. :eyeroll:

Adam Jones arrested for slapping a woman outside of a bar.

Can't say I'm surprised.

Come on, it's at least a little surprising he was on the outside of the bar.