Allentown PA show...

liddybuck01

Seriously have never seen a worse crowd at a rock show, ever. Literally 99% of the grand stand people were sitting the entire show, and most of the floor crowd looked bored. I was seriously the only person in my area totally into the entire show. Anyways...

The boys were awesome smile.gif love them even more now, if thats possible.

I was super pissed they made us take our camera back to the car, but the i saw a ton of people with them.bullshit. oh, and three people around me getting high, as security just sat there.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was really the only person rocking out where I was standing too. I was dead center right in front of the soundboard.

Here's my favorite picture I took tonight, Alex looks like he is thinking how the hell do I work this thing:

http://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac39/redsoxguy676/P1000461.jpg

I'll upload the rest of my photo's tomorrow, so you guys can have a look, I think a lot of them turned out alright.

Yea. The crowd was dead. Same thing happened at Camden. For this show I was in first row but way off to the side and was the only one around me really into the show.

And I have never seen security so lax. There was a guy who just inserted himself between me and the guy next to me and security did nothing, even though they were only a few feet away.

Sorry to hear about the camera. The guy next to me was snapping shots all night. Security did ask the guy in front of him to stop videotaping after half a song. The entrance I came in they didn't check anybody. No pat down or anything. Could have brought anything in.

The show was awesome though. Still can't believe how much energy they have. Excellent.

And glad to know that there were others out there who were bummed about the crowd but rocked out anyway.

Next stop...PNC. The crowd there is usually good. Although I will say the crowd at both shows I went to this year were very different from the past few tours. A lot younger and a lot more subdued.

Anyway, hope you all enjoyed the show!

QUOTE (rushfan676 @ Aug 31 2010, 11:03 PM)
I was really the only person rocking out where I was standing too. I was dead center right in front of the soundboard.

Here's my favorite picture I took tonight, Alex looks like he is thinking how the hell do I work this thing:

I'll upload the rest of my photo's tomorrow, so you guys can have a look, I think a lot of them turned out alright.

Nice pic btw. Looks like hes thinking about what to play next.

QUOTE (NaturalScientist75 @ Sep 1 2010, 12:27 AM)

Nice pic btw. Looks like hes thinking about what to play next.

I have plenty of pictures from tonight, just gotta upload all of them.

Thanks though!

z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif

You know, I really hate going to concerts and having the crowd be dead. I went to see Dave Matthews Band last night (8/31) and, with the exception of the people in general admission on the floor, the crowd was pretty dead. I normally stand for concerts, but since everyone in my section was sitting, I decided not to piss anyone off, and I sat for most of the show. Although, I stood during the encore. F@ck 'em at that point! cool.gif cool.gif (By the way, if you ever get the chance to see those guys live, take it! They are all great musicians! Really a joy to watch!)

I have been fairly lucky with Rush concerts, though. Out of the 9 I have been to, only one crowd (Auburn, WA this tour) seemed dead. Even then, there were still some lively ones, and I stood the whole time without people getting too pissed at me. Of course, I am only about 5'3" and 130 lbs, so it's not hard to see around me, even when I am standing! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Sep 1 2010, 03:24 AM)
You know, I really hate going to concerts and having the crowd be dead. I went to see Dave Matthews Band last night (8/31) and, with the exception of the people in general admission on the floor, the crowd was pretty dead. I normally stand for concerts, but since everyone in my section was sitting, I decided not to piss anyone off, and I sat for most of the show. Although, I stood during the encore. F@ck 'em at that point! cool.gif cool.gif (By the way, if you ever get the chance to see those guys live, take it! They are all great musicians! Really a joy to watch!)

I have been fairly lucky with Rush concerts, though. Out of the 9 I have been to, only one crowd (Auburn, WA this tour) seemed dead. Even then, there were still some lively ones, and I stood the whole time without people getting too pissed at me. Of course, I am only about 5'3" and 130 lbs, so it's not hard to see around me, even when I am standing! laugh.gif

yea you're lucky. im 6'4" 225.

I generally get last row seats at concerts because anywhere else I would be aggravating everybody. At rush shows this is nearly intolerable, but I just deal with it. Last night I was last row of sec 112. I was the only one standing too sad.gif

I only saw like 12 people standing, so I assume I saw some of you guys there.

Nice pics thanks for uploading!!!!

Great show, though! Screw the crowd, I just dance to the beat of my own drummer! (which happens to be Neil rofl3.gif )

Hard to believe some had security issues?!?! I didn't even get a second look walking in (unlike any show in Hershey where you get felt up like a teenage girl) I saw more cameras than anywhere I've ever been (sec. g row 20) and figure that someone had to sneak some recording equipment in!

The crowd stood when they came out both times, and then at the end of the second set and the encore. They cheered "hey" between the riffs in 2112. They tended to cheer a little louder for the 'classics' where I was sitting. They totally gave it up for Neil for his solo. People around me were totally into the show. I myself tend to just stare in a mesmerized kind of state just taking in all the awesomeness. Just because people don't want to go ape-shit the whole show doesn't mean they aren't into it or they don't "properly" appreciate the band or something. People aren't all the same! You'd think a Rush forum would appreciate that much!

Okay, I feel better. cool.gif

Yeah i headbanged, danced, and sang to every song. Didnt even see people singing along! So weird. I went nuts during vital signs, and bu2b was so f***ing heavy, love it.

I took a few pics on my phone. The shitty thing was that there were two super tall dudes in the section over, so i had to bob as weave around them.

I was there yesterday, took my kid. Got there around 3.45 pm. Man why is RUSH playing state fairs, it's the slippery slope downwards once you start playing those. Lots for the kid to do before show time. How many Rush shows have you been to where you can get cotton candy, and see a sheep with the biggest pair of nuts in the petting zoo, lol. Very small venue but a bit of a dump to be honest. Great View from row 16 in section C, felt like 5th row at the big sheds. Edited by exiled yorkie

I was 4th row sec. G. I wanted to be in the front so bad just to show them how i was rocking out, thoroughly enjoying the show. Any time the came to my side i would put horns up or pump my fist. The few people i saw in the front looked dead too. Not fair for us real fans.

This is actually a pretty rare photo, taken during "Time Stand Still." Alex always plays a Gibson for Time Stand Still on this tour but there was a problem with Gibson so the roadie handed him the Tele. It sounded different, too.

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ Sep 1 2010, 10:44 AM)
I was 4th row sec. G. I wanted to be in the front so bad just to show them how i was rocking out, thoroughly enjoying the show. Any time the came to my side i would put horns up or pump my fist. The few people i saw in the front looked dead too. Not fair for us real fans.

Not this guy. I was front row E, singing every word. Pictures to come.

The kid sitting all the way in the back who just fell in love with the band a year ago is just as much a "real" fan as the guy who saw them '76. And that kid is also more of a "man" than someone who has to go into a creepy internet forum waving their partygoing credentials and maligning entire audiences because they're too insecure to act how they feel like acting without worrying about everyone else or because they don't have any other source of self-esteem.

It's not a pissing contest to see who's the biggest fan. It's an experience, and everyone has those on their own terms, in their own unique ways.

QUOTE (jdouglas @ Sep 1 2010, 12:43 AM)
He looked pissed that he had to play that tele on Time Stand Still, guitar tech got an evil look cause the PRS wireless was down...but it sounded awesome for that song.

tongue.gif

Wasn't the black PRS, he was supposed to play the Sunburst Les Paul. It is what he has been playing at the other shows.

I'm from south-central PA and at most of the rock shows I attend in the area these recent decades it seems that I am one of the minority who let emotions flow freely... standing, cheering, participating in the songs... that's how we all enjoyed shows in the olden days and that's what live music still does to me. Today's fans are so seemingly stoic in comparison. But, hey, oh well, it may just be a regional cultural thing. People tend to be more emotionally reserved in Puritanical Pennsylvania as compared to shows I attend in other regions and countries.

All that aside, RUSH performed with high energy and enthusiasm and blew me away... again.

I'm hoarse today as I was moved to voiced my appreciation unreservedly cool.gif

btw, was security *really* so lax? I saw whole militias of uniformed personal carrying guns everywhere. That makes me more nervous than not getting patted down by the Gestapo-esque security like is done @ Hershey shows.

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ Sep 1 2010, 10:13 AM)
Yeah i headbanged, danced, and sang to every song. Didnt even see people singing along! So weird. I went nuts during vital signs, and bu2b was so f***ing heavy, love it.

I took a few pics on my phone. The shitty thing was that there were two super tall dudes in the section over, so i had to bob as weave around them.

I thought BU2B was the high point of the night. It sounded amazing!

We got there really early and ate at that little barbque place just outside of the gate. Right after we got our drinks, they started the sound check. We got to listen to a bit of several songs including Faithless, which I was really looking forward to hearing live.