The Green Bay Packers Thread

Principled Man

Giants 3 Tolzein INT's

Packers 13

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j298/bluerosejs/Dieter_Sprockets_small_closeup.jpg

This losing has become tiresome.... :boo hiss:

Stop it ! :tsk:

Get back to us when your team fails to make the playoffs for 15 straight seasons.

Spoiled ass Packer fan . ;)

Damn straight. When you're used to excellence - you come to expect it. I mean check out the women!!

http://www.chicagonow.com/chicago-tough/files/2012/11/packers-fans-of-the-day.jpg

Still upset about the tie. Still wishing our D would show up. I know they have been hit hard by injuries, but they have looked really bad the last few weeks.

I am really pissed at McCarthy for not going for the TD in OT. If you make it, game over. If you don't - they get the ball around the goal line. If your D can't stop them scoring from there, you deserve to lose.

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

Still upset about the tie. Still wishing our D would show up. I know they have been hit hard by injuries, but they have looked really bad the last few weeks.

I am really pissed at McCarthy for not going for the TD in OT. If you make it, game over. If you don't - they get the ball around the goal line. If your D can't stop them scoring from there, you deserve to lose.

IMO, the worst was when they went for two points when they didn't need to do so. There was PLENTY of time left in the 4th quarter. They botched the two-point conversion, and ended up down by three. Kick the extra point, and that last FG in regulation WINS THE GAME. Packers WIN 24-23. :sundog:

Sitton calls Schwartz a dirtbag...:)

Should make for an interesting game tomorrow. Dietrich-Smith better wear his cup...

Sitton calls Schwartz a dirtbag... :)

Should make for an interesting game tomorrow. Dietrich-Smith better wear his cup...

Sitton must be trying to fire up his team.....but I don't know if provoking the other team and starting a war is a good way to do it.

Be careful of what you wish for, Josh. You may get it. :eyeroll:

Sitton must be trying to fire up his team.....but I don't know if provoking the other team and starting a war is a good way to do it.

Isn't "dirtbag" kind of an 80's insult? It reminds me of Police Academy. Move dirtbag! MOVE IT MOVE IT MOVE IT! :LOL:

Isn't "dirtbag" kind of an 80's insult? It reminds me of Police Academy. Move dirtbag! MOVE IT MOVE IT MOVE IT! :LOL:

Have you ever been to Green Bay? They're still in the 80s there...

• Like 1

:LOL:

Oh, come on now......that one disco bar on Oneida Street that you keep visiting is not indicative of the entire city....

;) ;)

Oh, come on now......that one disco bar on Oneida Street that you keep visiting is not indicative of the entire city....

;) ;)

Believe me, I used to live in Appleton. I've driven through Green Bay but outside of Lambeau Field, there's nothing there worth visiting.

;) ;)

Believe me, I used to live in Appleton. I've driven through Green Bay but outside of Lambeau Field, there's nothing there worth visiting.

Sure there is! The PEOPLE...... :)

Josh Sitton's Trash-Talking 40

Packers 10

Well, boys and girls, hitting rock-bottom is gonna happen in the NFL, and methinks the Green & Gold have officially arrived there. Now at 5-6-1, with more injuries happening today, the Packers are one beat up, exhausted, and thoroughly wrecked team. Hopefully, they'll take these extra days off to heal up, shake off the last few weeks, and finish the season strong. They'll probably not make the playoffs, but they will win some games with Rodgers back on the field. The off-season will be LONG, but they'll be back in 2014 meaner than ever......

http://ryanhackett.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/go-pack-go.jpg

They'll probably not make the playoffs

They very well could. You know more about the Pack's situation than I do, but the Lions are probably far too inconsistent and mistake prone to run away with anything. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them get shredded in Philadelphia next week. If that happens and your guys can beat the sad-sack Falcons in your own building, the race will be a tight one once again.

"It was an embarrassing loss for us. We don't feel very good about ourselves right now. We're a wounded team that got drilled today.

- Mike McCarthy, reacts to his team's 40-10 Thanksgiving Day loss in Detroit.

Edited by treeduck

They very well could. You know more about the Pack's situation than I do, but the Lions are probably far too inconsistent and mistake prone to run away with anything. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them get shredded in Philadelphia next week. If that happens and your guys can beat the sad-sack Falcons in your own building, the race will be a tight one once again.

Sure, when we look at the standings and the Lions and Bears' inconsistent play, we can say that the Packers are still in contention. However, the team is just too beat up - physically and mentally. The defense, especially, is one hurting unit. The front seven is riddled with injuries, and the safeties are so confused that they literally get in the way of the cornerbacks.

This week will be key. If the players use the extra time off to heal up and remotivate themselves, then they have a chance. With Rodgers back, they can win, but all the games might be shootouts.

Sure, when we look at the standings and the Lions and Bears' inconsistent play, we can say that the Packers are still in contention. However, the team is just too beat up - physically and mentally. The defense, especially, is one hurting unit. The front seven is riddled with injuries, and the safeties are so confused that they literally get in the way of the cornerbacks.

This week will be key. If the players use the extra time off to heal up and remotivate themselves, then they have a chance. With Rodgers back, they can win, but all the games might be shootouts.

I'd like to see them make it a race but that OL looks like it would be more likely to get Rodgers killed than allow him to be involved in a shootout. Just too many injuries to see it getting turned around...

The more time that goes by without Rodgers returning the more likely it is that the Packers have given up on the season. Which means he might not play again this year, which would be smart.

It ain't gonna happen. The Packers have too much pride to tank the season. Rodgers will be back as soon as he can, and if they go down, they will go down swinging.

The more time that goes by without Rodgers returning the more likely it is that the Packers have given up on the season. Which means he might not play again this year, which would be smart.

It ain't gonna happen. The Packers have too much pride to tank the season. Rodgers will be back as soon as he can, and if they go down, they will go down swinging.

I take your point but imagine if Rodgers took a big hit in a meaningless game before he was 100% and got his whole shoulder messed up and didn't return for 2 years!

I take your point but imagine if Rodgers took a big hit in a meaningless game before he was 100% and got his whole shoulder messed up and didn't return for 2 years!

Rodgers won't be back until the collarbone is in no danger. He is on record as saying that he won't risk his career to come back early.

As long as they're still in contention, Rodgers will play. He'll be out there thru Week 17 with his teammates, and they'll be wanting to get revenge on da Bears. :yes:

Report: Packers might sit down Aaron Rodgers for rest of season

By Josh Katzowitz | NFL Writer

December 1, 2013 10:22 am ET

http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/blogs/Aaron-Rodgers.Lions.400.jpg

Since Aaron Rodgers broke his collarbone in Week 8, the Packers have been in a freefall, losing four games since and tying one to fall to a record of 5-6-1 and putting them on the cusp of missing the playoffs for the first time since 2008.

Though Rodgers practiced for the first time last week, he didn't play in the team's Thanksgiving loss to the Lions, and according to NFL.com, the team is worried Rodgers won't be ready to play in Week 14 -- which apparently was his target return date all along.

And if Rodgers can't play and it appears as though Green Bay is out of the playoff race, NFL.com reports it's possible the Packers will sit down Rodgers for the rest of the season so he can't do any further damage to his collarbone.

And if that's the case, Green Bay would be lucky to win another game this season.

Though Scott Tolzien showed some promise in his first start vs. the Giants in Week 10, he was pulled from his start in Week 12 in favor of the newly-acquired Matt Flynn, who showed some spark for Green Bay in its eventual tie vs. the Vikings.

But in their 40-10 loss to the Lions on Thursday, Flynn went 10 of 20 for 139 yards and an interception and generally looked awful. Just like his entire team since Rodgers went down with his injury.

Packers 22

Falcons 21

http://media.jrn.com/images/660*413/b99159791z.1_20131209232703_000_g393s4sq.1-1.jpg

Matt Flynn did just enough to get it done, the Packer defense did just enough to get it done, and the Packers are STILL in contention for the NFC North title..... :laughing guy:

It's a mad, mad, mad, mad NFL......without Aaron Rodgers, the Packers are a shell of their former selves, but they haven't quit! Can Matt Flynn do what Josh McCown did to the Cowboy defense Monday night? We shall seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..............

Edited by Principled Man

........... they'll win anyway going against Monte Kiffin's awful defense...

The Packer defense is better, but not by much. It could be a shootout, unless McCarthy wants to run the ball all day. Flynn will have to open up the passing game and take advantage of the woeful Cowboy secondary. It will be up to the Packer Defense to stop Dez Bryant and Demarco Murray. They have a chance.....